Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I had a 400 AWHP Evo X. While it handled like it was on rails, it just never had that bite you in the ass blast to drive like a V8 with less or the same HP. It has a lot to do with when and how the power comes on, at least to me. My GT is the first NA car I've owned since my 1998 cobra, and as of right now I plan to keep it that way. I'll list my "fun" cars at the bottom that I've had since the 1998. Turbo cars are cool, and if they can handle the power, can be a lot of fun. IMO though, for a factory 4-cyl turbo car to be as fun as a NA V8 of the same model, you are going to need about 100 more HP than the V8. That is just my experience. It just comes down to how and when the power comes on.

• 1998 Cobra
  • 2004 Cobra "Medusa" Whipple-fully built-aluminum block--pure sex
  • 2009 BMW 135i..Full on blast..full on modded..427 RWHP
  • 2014 Evo X - Thousands and thousands spent on this thing to get to a safe 400 awhp
  • 2014 GT500 - Hated to get it dusty, so it lived under a cover in my garage.. So I sold it for something that I could have fun with, and not stress over.
  • 2016 GT.. This thing is just all fun.
I was wondering how you liked the Mustang compared to the EVO. I agree and how I pretty much explain it. N/A is a completely different powerband/sensation than a turbo car. Turbo cars are a HOLY SHIT feeling between 3.5k-5.5k RPM and then they start falling flat on their face (unless you go aftermarket turbo, but then you are either spooling late with a high powerband or vise-versa) as where the V8 seems to pull harder and harder as you get to redline.
Sponsored

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
I created the same exact thread here in February. I have had many mustangs, one with dyno proven 460 flywheel HP and an 04 cobra with 488RWHP.

I went with the EB. Keeping it stock, and having plenty of fun. I put 40 miles a day on it - I would hate to do that to a GT. Cost of fuel and in my opinion, wasting that 400hp on stop and go traffic. For me that's what it came down to.

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
To the OP. Not sure why you would come to a forum and ask strangers advice on which to get. I would never own a Mustang that was not a V8 but that is me. You need to make your own decision as none of us know how you will use it and we each have our own bias.
Good Luck!
No one is making a decision for me, I asked for advice to make an informative decision... I am making MY OWN decision.. I am gathering data and will make MY OWN calculated decision and not blindly do things.

I have stated on page 1 of this thread what i intended to do..This thread was not created for strangers to make a decision for me but for those to give relative information and input based on real world experiences since they themselves own the car..and so far I have received everything and more.

Not sure why you can't give me the solid advice I am looking for or just mind your own business.. but thanks for the luck!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I created the same exact thread here in February. I have had many mustangs, one with dyno proven 460 flywheel HP and an 04 cobra with 488RWHP.

I went with the EB. Keeping it stock, and having plenty of fun. I put 40 miles a day on it - I would hate to do that to a GT. Cost of fuel and in my opinion, wasting that 400hp on stop and go traffic. For me that's what it came down to.
This makes perfect sense to me. Long comute here also. My daily driver is a little more utilitarian.

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
I created the same exact thread here in February.
I went with the EB. Keeping it stock, and having plenty of fun.Cost of fuel and in my opinion, wasting that 400hp on stop and go traffic. For me that's what it came down to.

Haha I like the thread title, wish I saw it when I was searching through everything...I live in the city as well, sometimes i feel like it would be a waste but then when i romp on my car the screeching tire sounds make me feel better. :D but this is why i would want to upgrade the turbo and keep the same efficiency.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Hearing the sound of the V8 alone is worth it. I though I liked the sound of a turbo, intake and BPV purging but the GT with an exhaust is putting a bigger smile on my face.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I drive 30 miles a day in my GT and I'm glad I do. These cars are meant to be driven. That said, it's not stop and go, so I get to actually use the engine. If I had to be in stop and go toll/expressway traffic everyday (kill me, ugh), I'd get something efficient and definitely auto just to do that.

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
If I had to be in stop and go toll/expressway traffic everyday (kill me, ugh), I'd get something efficient and definitely auto just to do that.
Haha I do it almost everyday, I dont think i could ever go back to auto.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I appreciate all the input. I don't like to do things the same, i've always modded my cars from the day i got it and I know I will do the same with my new toy. I'm just curious what's more bang for your buck, efficiency, and at the end of the day just a bad ass car to cruise around in. I think they're all great cars i use to have dreams to turbo a v6 or swap one of the f150 ecoboost engines into it. I like modding and like others have said the mustang has a plethora of aftermarket parts at my disposal!!
I feel ya, sounds like regardless of what you decide to go with it will be a beast, Turbo-4 or 5.0 :ford:

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
I feel ya, sounds like regardless of what you decide to go with it will be a beast, Turbo-4 or 5.0 :ford:
Haha thanks man, It's just a nice hobby to have I like to be different and each of the mustangs have a ton of parts i can choose from :cheers:

Sponsored

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
No one is making a decision for me, I asked for advice to make an informative decision... I am making MY OWN decision.. I am gathering data and will make MY OWN calculated decision and not blindly do things.

I have stated on page 1 of this thread what i intended to do..This thread was not created for strangers to make a decision for me but for those to give relative information and input based on real world experiences since they themselves own the car..and so far I have received everything and more.

Not sure why you can't give me the solid advice I am looking for or just mind your own business.. but thanks for the luck!
Good for you! Get what works for you!!

My advice: Having owned Mustangs since 1979, in all flavors (hatchbacks through convertibles), and all engines (2.3-5.0), the most fun are the GTs, hands down! That being said, go with what you can afford, and live with!

Good luck from here as well! :ford:

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Good for you! Get what works for you!!

My advice: Having owned Mustangs since 1979, in all flavors (hatchbacks through convertibles), and all engines (2.3-5.0), the most fun are the GTs, hands down! That being said, go with what you can afford, and live with!

Good luck from here as well! :ford:
I think i am leaning towards a GT more... :hail:

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
I watched a shootout between a 16 Camaro SS and a California Special - on TFL on YouTube -- I was so annoyed that they didn't use a performance pack car and highlight the cost difference between the SS and the Mustang.
just saw the same video....made it a few minutes in and was so pissed they didn't use a PP that i just stopped watching lol

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I don't see how you couldn't be happy with either car. Every time I look at mine I cannot help but be happy. I think it is all up to what you want. EB is lighter and more efficient. GT more powerful and heavier. Have a great time shopping and no regrets.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
All I can say is that I have not seen one post that person sold thier GT for an Ecoboost, but plenty that traded their Ecoboots for GTs.
Sponsored