Sponsored

Need advice: EB PP vs GT PP

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
You do have a point. What's the insurance difference between the EB and the GT?
For my insurance there wasn't really any difference like a few bucks...the difference was more between base/premium trims.
Sponsored

JDAlphin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost and 1999 GT
For my insurance there wasn't really any difference like a few bucks...the difference was more between base/premium trims.
Sounds like I need to start saving for a GT. Lol.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
let me tell you my calculation.. eb premium with bells and whistles: 30k easily.. then 4k 5k worth of mods..=35k and you are pushing ur engine.. u get around 430 hp.. which is good..
Now GT premium with bells and whistles i got for 34k and with a tune.,.. 410ish out of box..
so its an approximate thin..

but EB are GT are two different cars under name mustang. Tuners love EB .. i like v8 more so went to GT.
So you have ask yourself what you want?

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
You do have a point. What's the insurance difference between the EB and the GT?
Depends on factors like your age, location, driving history.My stang gt is cheaper to insure than my 15' GTI. Go figure..

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Depends on factors like your age, location, driving history.My stang gt is cheaper to insure than my 15' GTI. Go figure..
agreed.. my gt insurance came down from EB hehe

Sponsored

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
let me tell you my calculation.. eb premium with bells and whistles: 30k easily.. then 4k 5k worth of mods..=35k and you are pushing ur engine.. u get around 430 hp.. which is good..
Now GT premium with bells and whistles i got for 34k and with a tune.,.. 410ish out of box..
so its an approximate thin..

but EB are GT are two different cars under name mustang. Tuners love EB .. i like v8 more so went to GT.
So you have ask yourself what you want?
Right so with a tune and a bigger turbo with some supporting mods (4k) i figured i can keep up with mustangs with a cai and tune while averaging alot better MPG's until i meet a stang with a whipple then ill just turn and look lol.:eyebulge:

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Right so with a tune and a bigger turbo with some supporting mods (4k) i figured i can keep up with mustangs with a cai and tune while averaging alot better MPG's until i meet a stang with a whipple then ill just turn and look lol.:eyebulge:
Tune+bigger turbo+intercooler+full race exhaust+ u need to do somethin about stock valve flutter+ stock engine block which ha sits limitations=430

so lets do math:

30k+5k=35k making 420 with risk of a boooooooooom

34k+1k =cai and tune 440 easily and safe as its at base of engine block capacity.

but again. these are two very diff cars. i had pleasure to have both

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
so lets do math:

30k+5k=35k making 420 with risk of a boooooooooom

34k+1k =cai and tune 440 easily and safe as its at base of engine block capacity.

but again. these are two very diff cars. i had pleasure to have both
So what are those blocks rated to? i thought saw quite a few members pushing around 500.

what are your experiences with both?

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I have the PP, and sometimes wonder if I might be just as happy -- or maybe more happy -- with a base GT -- the only reason being that the 3.73's are so short that you hit fuel cutoff at 59.8 mph -- or it might be 60, but according to my old phone (who knows how fast the GPS receiver is) and Trackapps, you can't get to 60 in one shift -- you have to get to 3rd. In a quarter mile, it probably doesn't matter. In my opinion, both Performance Packs should have come with 3.55's -- but people would have scratched their heads as to why there was no longer a 3.73 option, and would have felt alienated and pissed off. The other solution is a taller rear tire. The brakes on the GT PP are some of the best on any factory car -- they are truly amazing -- but the numbers show that the stock brakes will stop the car in about the same distance. And the GT PP is a better handling car. I watched a shootout between a 16 Camaro SS and a California Special - on TFL on YouTube -- I was so annoyed that they didn't use a performance pack car and highlight the cost difference between the SS and the Mustang.

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
- on TFL on YouTube -- I was so annoyed that they didn't use a performance pack car and highlight the cost difference between the SS and the Mustang.
I agree 100%...i think chevy pays for majority of this stuff. just like ChevyTrend

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
So what are those blocks rated to? i thought saw quite a few members pushing around 500.

what are your experiences with both?
Now.. the members pushing 500 .. are on ticking time bomb .. this is coming from best tuner for EB Adam from Tune+. This for stiock engine block of course.

My experience:

1. Ecoboost: great city car. its more agile than GT, is more corner friendly per say. Majorly because of wt distribution. Good mileage , tune friendly . ITs a great new platform

GT: V8 power is beast. You cannot compare turbo induced power to raw power of engine. but low mileage (comparatively) . adnd you have more proved engine .

Now insurance: subjective

mileage: on same road and trafiic: EB was 20 and GT is 17.9 . Was this worth it? for me yes , for many it might not be. i commute 36 miles every day.

two very different cars yet full of fun.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Don’t even have a 2nd thought about this OP. I was kidding myself when I said ill be fine with a V6 because I don’t need a v8, at the time I was fine with it because a V6 Mustang would still be the fastest car I ever had.

Fast forward a few months later and I was trying to trade it in for a GT, failed and I think I may be stuck with my car for a long time.

If you get the EB and a GT pulls up next to you, you’re going to feel humiliation. If get the EB and someone asks you what engine it is, you’re going to feel humiliation. When you go on forums or on youtube comments, you’re going to feel humiliation.

It seems like you have the money for a GT, get it… I’m trying to save you from humiliation.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I'll just say this. I like the ecoboost, I really do. Two of my coworker's had them and they're great. But both of them traded in on gt pp's within a year. If you can find a 16 on the lots with a big discount I'd go for that. I got my gt pp premium for 4K more than what my coworker got his non pp premium ecoboost. I'd go gt pp and upgrade suspension. It's a completely different car with different springs and IRS braces and sways. It handles 90% as well as my brz did now. Very happy.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
Don’t even have a 2nd thought about this OP. I was kidding myself when I said ill be fine with a V6 because I don’t need a v8, at the time I was fine with it because a V6 Mustang would still be the fastest car I ever had.

Fast forward a few months later and I was trying to trade it in for a GT, failed and I think I may be stuck with my car for a long time.

If you get the EB and a GT pulls up next to you, you’re going to feel humiliation. If get the EB and someone asks you what engine it is, you’re going to feel humiliation. When you go on forums or on youtube comments, you’re going to feel humiliation.

It seems like you have the money for a GT, get it… I’m trying to save you from humiliation.

sounds like you got some underlying insecurities ive owned two v6 mustangs and now my gt i cant say i ever felt humiliated be happy with your v6 :cheers:

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I had my '16 base auto ecoboost for a short enough time that the first payment didn't come due before I traded it in on my '16 premium gt auto. I had already tuned it, put an intercooler on it, a downpipe, and regapped plugs 1 heat range colder than stock. I whipped the downpipe off it, loaded the stock tune in it, and got it gone. You do the math.
Sponsored