GT PP vs SVT

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
I was pretty set on a GT PP, but I've decided to test my patience waiting for the SVT and saving up a nice downpayment in the meantime. When the SVT comes, I will have to choose between a GT PP and waiting for the hype to die down a bit to get a decent price on the SVT.
Is anyone else in a similar position?
Sponsored

Dyno

Yes, but I am really curious whether the performance difference will be similar to the current GT PP and Boss 302 or something more.

A lot of the decision for me will come down to the weight of the GT. I'm not confident that it will lose weight and a lot of the information out there seems to suggest the GT350 could be the true weight loss entrant. Obviously price is a big factor also. Too many unknowns that I am afraid won't be answered for another year or so. :(

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
If the SVT is close to the B302 in price I may strongly conider it. I doubt it though. A GT PP will be a nice car though. I only wish I could get cloth seats instead of leather. Recaros are a definate though. So we will have to wait and see.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Price is the biggest consideration for me. If they bring the SVT/Hi-Po model in the Boss302 price range I will strongly consider it, however the more I dream the more reality sinks in. How it feels now is get the GT PP and add mods from the SVT/Hi-Po model as they become available(wheels/tires, exhaust).

I have a feeling though the next model will be priced over $50,000 judging by the hype around the advancing tech and design that has surrounded it(Voodoo engine, advanced suspension, etc). If that is the case then nothing I do will be able to get me into one of those short of winning the lottery.

If the SVT is close to the B302 in price I may strongly conider it. I doubt it though. A GT PP will be a nice car though. I only wish I could get cloth seats instead of leather. Recaros are a definate though. So we will have to wait and see.

Recaros are available in both leather and cloth.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
She wants a V6 or EB4, what ever is cheaper I guess. She gets hers first so I may have to wait until '16-'18. I have the '11 for Street/Strip so, I need to determine its purpose before I decide. I was set on a GT but if she gets a V6/EB4, I'm looking to one up her.

I'm gonna be patient this time...

Sponsored

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Recaros are available in both leather and cloth.

I'm guessing he is looking to get Premium but would prefer cloth Recaros. I can definitely understand that -- they should offer the recaros a little cheaper w/ cloth if you pay up for Premium

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I have no doubt that the gt pp will be an amazing little hot rod! That said, about 2 weeks after I bought my 2011 gt, they announced the BOSS..... FRICK! For that reason and a couple of others, I'm going to wait it out and see what comes down the pike.

I'm also curious what the new z06 is going to be like. I know it will cost a serious chunk, but it will also be a serious performer and I've never owned a corvette. We shall see.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I'm waiting for the SVT. On PlayStation. Don't think we down under will get it at all.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm waiting to see the SVT version as well. My fiancée is getting the GT with PP so I'll get my fill driving that now and then.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I'm waiting to see the SVT version as well. My fiancée is getting the GT with PP so I'll get my fill driving that now and then.
Your fiance is officially cool as hell!

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
I'm guessing he is looking to get Premium but would prefer cloth Recaros. I can definitely understand that -- they should offer the recaros a little cheaper w/ cloth if you pay up for Premium
This. Sorry for the confusion.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I think Ford will make a major mistake if they bounce off of the 50k mark for the SVT. They need to be no more than 46k. You have to get extremely close to the performance of a Vette at 50k. Its not like comparing a GT500 and an old Vette. The new Vette is in a league of its own for the money.

Anywhere above that mark and the masses will go with a Vette. A Vette is in a different league in most peoples mind. The only draw they will have will be the people that need four seats.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I think Ford will make a major mistake if they bounce off of the 50k mark for the SVT. They need to be no more than 46k. You have to get extremely close to the performance of a Vette at 50k. Its not like comparing a GT500 and an old Vette. The new Vette is in a league of its own for the money.

Anywhere above that mark and the masses will go with a Vette. A Vette is in a different league in most peoples mind. The only draw they will have will be the people that need four seats.

The masses don't buy an SVT though. Hell Ford will tell you the masses don't even buy the GT. They'll buy the V6 and now likely the ecoboost 4.

I think they can slap the Shelby name on it and sell them for 50-60k all day long. The GT500 proves it, I think buyers who can shell that out for a Mustang to play around in will be equally willing to do so for a relatively exclusive GT350 track monster.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
The masses don't buy an SVT though. Hell Ford will tell you the masses don't even buy the GT. They'll buy the V6 and now likely the ecoboost 4.

I think they can slap the Shelby name on it and sell them for 50-60k all day long. The GT500 proves it, I think buyers who can shell that out for a Mustang to play around in will be equally willing to do so for a relatively exclusive GT350 track monster.

You may be right for the Ford drivers that are absolutely faithful...Im definitely considering this car and if it bounces off of the 50k mark its going to be hard to pull the trigger unless the specs and tech package is spot on.

Im 100% fine saving a boat load and getting a GT. The GT PP is going to be awesome and its probably more than I will ever "need"..
Sponsored