Sponsored

Need advice: EB PP vs GT PP

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Hey all, new to the forums here been interested in getting a new mustang.

Test drove both EB and GT both PP and still a bit undecided.

Things i loved about the EB- Brakes were phenomenal stopping power wise.. even though the gt had the same brakes the EB felt like it stopped quicker..Boost was quick & responsive.

Things i hated i felt empty around 4500 rpm like.. that's all you got?

Things i loved about GT power throughout felt amazing genuinely had fun.

Things I hated pretty much the suspension aspect of the car drove me nuts for the two minutes i drove her, brakes diddnt feel as responsive..

If i do decide to get the EB i would get a bigger turbo right away.

if i get a GT the plan would be suspension work and down the line do a TT or Whipple.

Any input would be great :D
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The GT PP has different and better brakes than the EB PP. The EB PP has the same brakes as the stock non-PP GT. The GT PP has 6-piston Brembo calipers on 15" rotors vs. 14" for the non-PP GT/EB PP. You sure you drove a GT PP? The brakes are amazing on it.

Are your goals straight-line focused or handling focused? If straight line, don't even get a GT PP and save the money for power mods and light suspension work. If you're more of a corner carver, the brakes and the torsen are worth the price of admission on the GT PP, and it can be modded to handle extremely well for ~$1000. I would only consider the EB PP if you're more on a budget or really want a turbo car to mod. It is actually a little better feeling for many for autocross because of the lighter front-end, but the GT PP is probably still quicker in most cases.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Seems silly to buy an ecoboost and throw a new turbo on it right away. That's going mess big time with power train warranty. Might as well just get the GT right off.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP

Things i loved about the EB- Brakes were phenomenal stopping power wise.. even though the gt had the same brakes the EB felt like it stopped quicker..Boost was quick & responsive.

Things I hated pretty much the suspension aspect of the car drove me nuts for the two minutes i drove her, brakes diddnt feel as responsive..

if i get a GT the plan would be suspension work and down the line do a TT or Whipple.

Well done test driving both. :clap2:
Seems like money isn't the issue. Not sure why suspension is not a mod as I know many of the EB's focus on suspension as well. Out of all that I gathered from your post it seems to me you want the EB PP. Only the EB got love underlined in bold.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
What kind of input are you looking for? You already listed what you did and didn't like. It sounds like you just need to decide the application of the car and choose wisely.

I can not comment on the EB Mustang because I have no test drove one. But coming from a 400+bhp WRX, OEM turbos typically have their optimal power between 3.5k-5.5k then they just kind of fall on their face. What I have noticed with the GT, owning it for a week with a little driving is, the more RPM you give it, the faster it wants to go and I really enjoy that.

Having a turbo definitely gives you a different sensation but it also become extremely pricey once you start building on them. My reason for getting out the WRX was because I had hit the ceiling for bolt ons and the next thing would have been a turbo which means the rods would most likely be gone, so add in the cost of a new built block and i'm up $10k. I don't know how well the EB hold power on stock block but the GT IMO has way more room to grow when it comes to modding for power.

Do you plan on modding? What is your long term plan? Is this going to be your daily or a weekend car? Are you looking for something with better gas millage, cheaper maintenance costs?

I'd say ecoboost for : DD/Commuting with the plans of light modifications
I'd day GT for : Fun driver/cruiser with the possibility of modding/bolt ons/supercharger.

Sponsored

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
I had an EB.. traded it in for a base GT and couldn't be happier. Putting a bigger turbo will def. strain the little motor and maybe a money pit with supported mods.. Also, kiss your warranty goodbye and that's the case with a tune.

Even if you run 10 secs, watch a few exhaust videos on the GT and you'll start to wonder lol

No sound will ever replicate the sound of the V8. That was most important to me.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
:tsk::doh:
What's the problem? I know what he planned on doing. I wasn't asking him. I was listing what the scenarios and laying them out for him to decide. Ya know a checklist with out the checks..:headbonk:

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
What kind of input are you looking for? You already listed what you did and didn't like. It sounds like you just need to decide the application of the car and choose wisely.

Do you plan on modding? What is your long term plan? Is this going to be your daily or a weekend car? Are you looking for something with better gas millage, cheaper maintenance costs?

I'd day GT for : Fun driver/cruiser with the possibility of modding/bolt ons/supercharger.
So I do want to use this car as a DD but also have future plans in doing some track time. But i just genuinely want to have fun driving it whenever i take her out. I may decide to get a cheap awd for those snowy days tho.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Track time like 1/4 mile, or road course, autocross work? It's been spelled out, and if you search, you'll see similar threads to this that have been thoroughly debated. And again, it all comes down to your personal preference and wallet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
What's the problem? I know what he planned on doing. I wasn't asking him. I was listing what the scenarios and laying them out for him to decide. Ya know a checklist with out the checks..:headbonk:
I LOL'd so hard :thumbsup::cheers:

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Track time like 1/4 mile, or road course, autocross work? It's been spelled out, and if you search, you'll see similar threads to this that have been thoroughly debated. And again, it all comes down to your personal preference and wallet.
Should've mentioned autocross forgive me.

I've been offered pretty good deals on both price difference around 6k.

The GT PP has different and better brakes than the EB PP. The EB PP has the same brakes as the stock non-PP GT. The GT PP has 6-piston Brembo calipers on 15" rotors vs. 14" for the non-PP GT/EB PP. You sure you drove a GT PP? The brakes are amazing on it
You could be right. I was pretty sure it was a PP.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

GT. The fact that you are modding to up the power just get the GT.

Also the EB is lighter...probably why it felt like it stopped quicker but the GT PP bar none has better brakes then the EB PP. You'll know it's a GTPP by the wheels.

Unless you never have an intention of looking at a GT, you have to go with the GT. The doubt will ALWAYS exist if you don't.

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1

I can not comment on the EB Mustang because I have no test drove one. But coming from a 400+bhp WRX, OEM turbos typically have their optimal power between 3.5k-5.5k then they just kind of fall on their face. What I have noticed with the GT, owning it for a week with a little driving is, the more RPM you give it, the faster it wants to go and I really enjoy that.

Having a turbo definitely gives you a different sensation but it also become extremely pricey once you start building on them. My reason for getting out the WRX was because I had hit the ceiling for bolt ons and the next thing would have been a turbo which means the rods would most likely be gone, so add in the cost of a new built block and i'm up $10k. I don't know how well the EB hold power on stock block but the GT IMO has way more room to grow when it comes to modding for power.

If your looking for flat out speed and need the V8 soundtrack get the GT. If you want a good performer all across the board and enjoy boosted 4cylinders get the Ecoboost. Just be prepared when a GT does pull up next to you at a light you might feel inadequate by about 4cyl...lol

Its all about what you want man..there both great cars:thumbsup:

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Several people have traded their Ecoboost for GTs, but still have not found anyone that traded their GT for an Ecoboost.

That tells the story.
Sponsored