Sponsored

Missing adjustable camber plates from handling package

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I bought my 2019 GT350 new with 10 miles on the clock about 2 months ago, and it came with the handling package. The dealer I bought the car from had gotten it from another dealer in a trade (??) they said. It had the Gurney flap in the trunk, and i assumed the plates were installed. Low and behold, after reading threads here, they are not installed. Overall I am missing the battery cover, and the plates.

The dealer I bought the car from has been reaching out the the dealer they received the car from trying to locate the plates (they found the battery cover at the original dealer). It's been 2 months, and they still have not found them. Is it possible to get a new set from Ford sent to my dealer? Getting frustrated that after 2 months, neither dealer has a solution to this or can locate them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The dealer should easily be able to find the part number and then order them.
The dealer that I bought the car from said they're trying to get it "up the ladder" to get a set from Ford. I'm guessing since they were sent with the car, they need to prove that i don't have them?

Escalate it to Ford Performance- the number’s in the GT350 Basics sticky in my signature.
Thanks, the 1-800 number?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The dealer that I bought the car from said they're trying to get it "up the ladder" to get a set from Ford. I'm guessing since they were sent with the car, they need to prove that i don't have them?

Thanks, the 1-800 number?
Go to the sticky- it’s easily found.

Sponsored

OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Curious to know what FP says/does.
Calling on my lunch break, will let you know what they say. Guessing they'll say that the dealer can order (and pay) for new ones. Then the dealers are just going to argue over who foots that bill is my guess...

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
There seems to be two ways the Handling Package goes down:
  1. Both the Gurney flap and the plates are placed in the trunk for the dealer to install
  2. The Gurney flap is in the trunk and FP sends the plates (with the VIN written on them) to the Parts Department at the purchasing dealer
Make sure whenever the plates show up that they are installed and your front end is realigned at no charge - you already paid for that when you bought the Handling Package.

OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Curious to know what FP says/does.
just got off the phone. Pretty much said your dealer can order them from the ford parts department and that’s it.
There seems to be two ways the Handling Package goes down:
  1. Both the Gurney flap and the plates are placed in the trunk for the dealer to install
  2. The Gurney flap is in the trunk and FP sends the plates (with the VIN written on them) to the Parts Department at the purchasing dealer
Make sure whenever the plates show up that they are installed and your front end is realigned at no charge - you already paid for that when you bought the Handling Package.
the dealer that originally ordered the car is saying they don’t have them/not in their parts department. The dealer I bought it from doesn’t have them either. I’m assuming they should have been sent to the original dealer that ordered the car, and not my dealer that got it in a trade

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
just got off the phone. Pretty much said your dealer can order them from the ford parts department and that’s it.

the dealer that originally ordered the car is saying they don’t have them/not in their parts department. The dealer I bought it from doesn’t have them either. I’m assuming they should have been sent to the original dealer that ordered the car, and not my dealer that got it in a trade
That is correct. The Handling Package is a DIA (Dealer Installed Accessory):

upload_2019-12-6_14-32-6.png

So Ford should have sent both parts to the original dealer.

Let the dealers fight it out - it's incredible they're putting you in the middle of this - all you should get is an apology and your adjustable camber plates (installed and re-aligned).

I would politely tell them that they have until Monday to come up with an equitable solution or you'll escalate to Ford Customer Care and request Regional assistance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
That is correct. The Handling Package is a DIA (Dealer Installed Accessory):

upload_2019-12-6_14-32-6.png

So Ford should have sent both parts to the original dealer.

Let the dealers fight it out - it's incredible they're putting you in the middle of this - all you should get is an apology and your adjustable camber plates (installed and re-aligned).

I would politely tell them that they have until Monday to come up with an equitable solution or you'll escalate to Ford Customer Care and request Regional assistance.
they currently are fighting it out, but am frustrated it’s been a month and a half and all they’ve found is my battery cover so far. Going to tell my dealer I bought it from that if they can’t find them, that other dealer needs to order me a new set

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
they currently are fighting it out, but am frustrated it’s been a month and a half and all they’ve found is my battery cover so far. Going to tell my dealer I bought it from that if they can’t find them, that other dealer needs to order me a new set
This is between you, and the dealer you purchased the car from. It doesn't sound like they are going to get them from the other dealer, so they need to order them for you and install/align.

You have nothing to do with the previous dealer. You purchased a car, brand new, from an authorized dealer and they haven't supplied what you have purchased from them.

OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is between you, and the dealer you purchased the car from. It doesn't sound like they are going to get them from the other dealer, so they need to order them for you and install/align.

You have nothing to do with the previous dealer. You purchased a car, brand new, from an authorized dealer and they haven't supplied what you have purchased from them.
You are correct. If they are not willing to deal, how do request regional assistance as mentioned above?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct. If they are not willing to deal, how do request regional assistance as mentioned above?
Ford Corporate.

Call, let them know what's going on, document everything.
Sponsored