2017 Mustang GT
Thanks!
Sponsored

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
I bought my car from out of state and despite my reminding them repeatedly that the handling pack was a DEALER installed option, the car arrived with the camber plates in a box. They claim any dealer can/will install them.

I'm sure I could answer my own question by visiting or calling a few local dealers but what are the odds that a dealer that didn't sell the car will have any interest in installing these? Will Ford pay them? I've done suspension work so I know it's a fair amount of work/time with the alignment and all....

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Wow I can’t believe how much trouble you guys are having with this.

my dealer had my car for 2 days, one day for the install, the next day for the alignment.

said total was $149 but he waived it.

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I bought my car from out of state and despite my reminding them repeatedly that the handling pack was a DEALER installed option, the car arrived with the camber plates in a box. They claim any dealer can/will install them.

I'm sure I could answer my own question by visiting or calling a few local dealers but what are the odds that a dealer that didn't sell the car will have any interest in installing these? Will Ford pay them? I've done suspension work so I know it's a fair amount of work/time with the alignment and all....
Pretty much zero chance. Per my conversations with FP the selling dealer is paid as part of preparation to install them.

Sponsored

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE

Just took delivery of a '20 GT350R from out of state. This plate has three slots. Is this adjustable or non-adjustable? What do the adjustable plates look like?

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)

Just took delivery of a '20 GT350R from out of state. This plate has three slots. Is this adjustable or non-adjustable? What do the adjustable plates look like?
This is what it looks like.
IMG_20200819_084531.jpg

Sponsored

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Watch the above video, its really helpful.
Thanks. The video made it clear to me.

My window sticker does not have "*DLR-INSTLD-ACCY" after the "ADJ STRUT MOUNTS", which means they were factory installed.
IMG_20200822_061316.jpg

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I am pretty sure yours came installed because its part of the R package.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, They come on all R's

MartinMJM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have to chime in here because I had an unusual experience with my 2017 GT350 front alignment without the optional camber plates.

The owners manual indicated that I needed the optional camber plates in order to achieve the recommended track alignment figures (I confirmed that I only had the basic factory camber plates). When I asked the Ford service tech to order and install the optional camber plates and set the track alignment, he indicated that he was able to set the track alignment "without" the optional camber plates (-1.5 degrees front). He insisted that the optional plates were not required, at least not on my vehicle. The printout from the alignment machine did confirm that he was able to achieve the requested front camber.

So, is the model year 2017 unique in this way...? Or is it normal to achieve a -1.5 degree camber without the optional camber plates? I suspect that if I ask for -2.0 degrees, I may need this option.
Sponsored