I have the R and need to get a set, looking for
opinion of best type for this car.
Sponsored

916Bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 650S, '15 GT3, '16 GT3RS, '17 GSZ07
Not to hijack but can I add the question... Has anybody used camber (eccentric), bolts and which ones?

I just checked the alignment from the factory and both sides were maxed out, with the front left at -1.28 and right at -1.06. I'd like to run -2 as a street / track compromise.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I've been looking very hard at the vorshlag pieces. They are the nicest ones I've see for the s550 thus far.

OP
OP
ohtobbad

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Not to hijack but can I add the question... Has anybody used camber (eccentric), bolts and which ones?

I just checked the alignment from the factory and both sides were maxed out, with the front left at -1.28 and right at -1.06. I'd like to run -2 as a street / track compromise.
This don't sound right.
the R factory settings are suppose to be -1.12
track settings -1.75
I would double check on that.

Edit: I just checked sheet Ford performance sent me.
Gt350 street settings are -1.05
of course you can go more aggressive, but you will wear inside
of fronts out very fast. I am thinking good track setting would be -1.40 /-1.50
but you wouldn't want to leave there for street driving.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Ford sent you this document with the car. Your compromise alignment is more aggressive then what they even recommend for the track. lol
wdfj.jpg

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1

Eibach from tire rack about $50 if I remember

916Bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford sent you this document with the car. Your compromise alignment is more aggressive then what they even recommend for the track. lol
I realize that... and Porsche does the same. However, my 991 GT3 track car has -2.8 front and -2.6 rear, and needs a tad more. -2.00 is considered a good street / track medium by most people. The people I've spoken to who seem to have knowledge tracking Mustangs agree. If it turns out to be too much, I'll adjust. From one day on the track, it's obvious the factory starting point is not going to work for me.

916Bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This don't sound right.
the R factory settings are suppose to be -1.12
track settings -1.75
I would double check on that.

Edit: I just checked sheet Ford performance sent me.
Gt350 street settings are -1.05
of course you can go more aggressive, but you will wear inside
of fronts out very fast. I am thinking good track setting would be -1.40 /-1.50
but you wouldn't want to leave there for street driving.
And for the vast majority of owners, those settings will be just fine. My cars spend a lot of time on track, actually more than on the street. Temp probes during just one session show they will not suffice.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
And for the vast majority of owners, those settings will be just fine. My cars spend a lot of time on track, actually more than on the street. Temp probes during just one session show they will not suffice.
Explain? you measure temps across the width to make sure they are even?

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Just installed Maximum Motorsports plates last week. I'm going to go with -2 degrees on the front camber as well.

OP
OP
ohtobbad

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I think no problem at -2.0 if you think Ford performance and all of the testing
they did is wrong, also if turing money up in tires is no issue then have at it.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
they did is wrong, also if turing money up in tires is no issue then have at it.
And you think Ford testing was adequate for track use :lol: Did the 2007 OLOA in an E46M3 almost 5000 miles with -3.2 degrees of front camber and inside tire wear was just fine. ;) Also run full race pads on the street and the car or brakes doesn't suddenly self destruct.

Peter

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
There's a lot of motivation to give out alignment settings that aren't terribly aggressive. Wouldn't want noobs oversteering into a wall on their first track day. The difference between stock and track camber on that pamphlet is a whole quarter of a degree. That's nothing. -2 degrees is still on the conservative side.

But hey what do I know. It's not like I have a modicum of experience. Ford Performance "testing", that did give me a laugh though.

Also, this is something that should be dialed in to your driving style and track. If it feels wrong or is eating your tires, fracking realign it. It's not like you're welding the things in. A static piece of paper is a mindless tool, bring a brain to the party.
Sponsored