2019 Adjustable Camber Plates - Cluster $$#%$@

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I have to chime in here because I had an unusual experience with my 2017 GT350 front alignment without the optional camber plates.

The owners manual indicated that I needed the optional camber plates in order to achieve the recommended track alignment figures (I confirmed that I only had the basic factory camber plates). When I asked the Ford service tech to order and install the optional camber plates and set the track alignment, he indicated that he was able to set the track alignment "without" the optional camber plates (-1.5 degrees front). He insisted that the optional plates were not required, at least not on my vehicle. The printout from the alignment machine did confirm that he was able to achieve the requested front camber.

So, is the model year 2017 unique in this way...? Or is it normal to achieve a -1.5 degree camber without the optional camber plates? I suspect that if I ask for -2.0 degrees, I may need this option.
do you have lowering springs?
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
then you got lucky I think... there's really only minimal slop in the strut to spindle bolts that you can get a little adjustment out of. prior owner may have slotted them or added camber bolts too if you bought used, but i don't think there's any meaningful adjustment to camber or caster up front on the stock cars.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have to chime in here because I had an unusual experience with my 2017 GT350 front alignment without the optional camber plates.

The owners manual indicated that I needed the optional camber plates in order to achieve the recommended track alignment figures (I confirmed that I only had the basic factory camber plates). When I asked the Ford service tech to order and install the optional camber plates and set the track alignment, he indicated that he was able to set the track alignment "without" the optional camber plates (-1.5 degrees front). He insisted that the optional plates were not required, at least not on my vehicle. The printout from the alignment machine did confirm that he was able to achieve the requested front camber.

So, is the model year 2017 unique in this way...? Or is it normal to achieve a -1.5 degree camber without the optional camber plates? I suspect that if I ask for -2.0 degrees, I may need this option.
Ford actually makes camber bolts for the S550. Unlike the bolts installed at the factory, they have a smooth shaft rather than a spline under the head. That provides just enough clearance to get to about 1.5 degrees neg camber on a GT350. PN is W715295-S439. Your guy who set the car up originally may have used these.

Sponsored

MartinMJM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
"Your guy who set the car up originally may have used these."

I am the original owner... Very strange.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
"Your guy who set the car up originally may have used these."

I am the original owner... Very strange.
I meant the Ford service tech you mentioned - the one who said he could get 1.5 degrees without camber plates. If you install those bolts, you can get 1.5 degrees but not much, if any, more.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Great video, I was wondering how they worked.

I just happen to have my window sticker from my 2019 on my desk and I know I have the adjustable because I got a box in the trunk with the non adjustable mounts.

My window sticker does not mention the adjustable strut mounts at all, it just says:
Equipment Group 920A:
R Package
19 Carbon Fiber Wheels
Carbon Fiber Wing
but like I said I know I got them and the dealer installed them.

aerok

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Premium Tremec 3160 Torsen 3.73 Diff
Hi to all of you

Does anybody knows if this KR3Z-3D008-A part number will work for a 22 Mach 1 Non Handling package.

The plan is to pair these camber plates with M-9602-M MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

Appreciate any information you guys can provide

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
They will. Ford’s parts for these cars are very good. You can save yourself a little money by going aftermarket like mmr, bmr, steeda, etc. and not sacrifice quality. I preferred the mmr plates over the oem handling plates but there’s not a bad choice. I prefer oem most times. The Ford springs did have a better ride then the steeda’s and bmr’s I’ve used, but was marginal. I preferred the feel of the bmr’s over the others though. But there to it was marginal.

Sponsored

Dan2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
The selling dealer for my 2020 GT500, Chuck Anderson Ford in Missouri, shipped me camber plates for my car not long after taking delivery. I recently installed them.

20200418_204648.jpg

20200305_191909-X2.jpg

20200305_194033-L.jpg

20200401_163541-X2.jpg
Forgive me for my ignorance, but the adjustable strut top mounts or camber plates whatever they are referred to as, I see a lot of them with that little pin sticking out, alot of people say this is the determining factor if you have adjustable plates or not. Are these ones adjustable? I am assuming they are but I don’t see that pin

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The pin was a later addition. Early camber plates had no such pin or screws to lock them out. Either plate design is adjustable.
Sponsored