Sponsored

MAY 2016 SALES

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
They're making to many mustangs there not exclusive enough! That's funny. Look at the after market there is so many ways you can change or upgrade a Mustang it'll make your head spin. That's another big part of Mustangs appeal there is so much available out there it's not hard and not that expensive to make the car unique .

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Yeah at this point, the camaro has no more excuses.

I thought it was funny that a lot of people believed it would outsell the mustang

Hilarious:lol:

Good performer but ugly with a combination of being overpriced is a recipe of disaster
I agree, the Camaro is a one car I would like to check out and drive, but not own. They are moving more C7s around here. For the price I would just jump to the C7. It seems to me the market for these cars has the lower price bracket and the upper affluent bracket. The Camaro seems like it dropped right into no mans land with price and is to fugly to compete with many of the foreign counterparts regardless of paper performance metrics. This combined with a major downtrend in auto sales really hurts.

gUiTo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 trailblazer
The mustang is a Beautiful car sinister looking... the camaro well... its a camaro. I have not heard people talk about how beautiful the camaro is or how sinister it looks, it just performs. Would you rather have a yugo that performs or the s550 mustang that has the looks and performance?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Yesterday I saw what was the 3rd 6th Gen Camaro I've come across on the road, and all it did was reinforce that the car is ugly. It looks like they gave a focus group of 10 year old boys a fistful of crayons and told them to draw something "cool." I probably see 2 or 3 S550 cars a day when I'm driving around by comparison. Beyond the new Camaro being ugly it's just too expensive and the overwhelming majority of buyers simply don't care that the SS is slightly faster than a S550 GT (again, for thousands of dollars more.) Your average car buyer looks at the Camaro and compares it to the Mustang and sees it as an expensive car that's likely considerably less attractive and where the only positive point (the slight performance advantage stock vs. stock) is something they probably don't care about.
A lot of women around here buy Mustangs, that's not a dig, they are very athletically pleasing. I have not found a single young lady, or woman that has seen the Camaro and liked it. When my wife saw the difference between it and my gt350 she overwhelmingly stated she thought I should get the Ford. The angles on that car just throw me off, I cant put my finger on it but it often and at many angles just looks like shit. the proportions and lines stink. Outside of a full on black car that hides some of them I could never own it.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I personally think they went to safe with the styling. I still catch myself trying to figure out if it is a 15 or a 16. It has gotten easier for me though as I have seen more 6th gen cars in the wild now.
I thought the 2015 looked better. I would consider supercharging a 2015 1le in a couple years for a fun project car.

gUiTo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 trailblazer
with as much size as the camaro has lost, it has not lost as much weight as i thought it would have. yes it is considerably lighter but they just assured that the mustang is the preference for the majority.

gUiTo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 trailblazer
I remember people *itching and complaining that the new mustang was going to be a Fusion look alike, man Ford did a hell of a job with the looks of the mustang! I really don't know what to say about the camaro, it looks like a goat.... not a pretty car, not a good looking car... I favor the Dodge Challenger looks wise to the camaro but its still a boat. The Mustang is just Outrageously Sexy!!!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'd be willing to bet GM is scrambling for an early "refresh" now like they had to do with the Malibu when it bombed a few years ago. I'm guessing we'll see new sheetmetal as soon as MY2018. It's been out too long now for people to remain optimistic about it's sales.
I vote for changing it to a FWD platform and calling it Probe or something like that.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of women around here buy Mustangs, that's not a dig, they are very athletically pleasing. I have not found a single young lady, or woman that has seen the Camaro and liked it. When my wife saw the difference between it and my gt350 she overwhelmingly stated she thought I should get the Ford. The angles on that car just throw me off, I cant put my finger on it but it often and at many angles just looks like shit. the proportions and lines stink. Outside of a full on black car that hides some of them I could never own it.
How is a car "athletically" pleasing?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
favorite comment from a camaro owner..............

"I was the only one at Cars and Coffee, but barely got any pictures taken lol...
thumbdown.gif
"

I had people at Easton walking around a McLaren to see what was making that sound.....Coming from my GT350.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
damn the guys are going 22 pages strong over there lol
Do we have a link, my Ipad threatens me everytime i try logging onto that site. ;)

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
How is a car "athletically" pleasing?
Contour bias

When presented with objects that possess sharp angles or pointed features, a region of the human brain involved in fear processing, the amygdala, is activated. Likely a subconscious mechanism that evolved to detect potential threats, this fear response suggests that angular features influence the way in which objects are effectively and aesthetically perceived.