MAY 2016 SALES

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
LOL That would push a few of the nitwits right over the edge. I completely love to read their sales thread every month. I just don't get it. It takes a full bolt on Mustang to keep up with my world class sports car.:crazy: We have a Corvette for half the price.:doh:Where are the cocky guys that were giggling in the Mustang6g guys are losing it thread now???
They are all back in Monthly Sales threat defending GM sales before Camaro fans loosing it :lol:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
:ford:
compare.jpg

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
I think the Camaro sells sucks because you gotta spend close to 40K just to get into a base model.

I can't hate the caramo, it's a beast now with the less weight but like stated the rear is just so ugly. Like the designers said F it. Were done. haha
30K* (Still too high but yea.)

I do agree on the rear end comment to an extent. However it's better looking than the refreshed 5th gen with that stupid line going through the licence plate.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
I have to admit that I wander over to Camaro G6 every once in a while for a good laugh. The thread that is running over there about the May sales figures is definitely great entertainment! The best comment "everything is going according to plan with GM and Camaro sales" or the classic "it makes my car very unique". The Camaro boys are wading in quicksand and haven't figured it out yet. Oh that sinking feeling!
The only problem I have with this is I've seen on this site, people get excited for the high sales numbers (that's a good thing, don't get me wrong) in one thread, but in another bitch about how their car isn't unique enough because there's too many on the road. (It's just the opposite on the Camaro forums.)

Mustang guys should want higher Camaro sales than the terribad ~5k a month they're putting out.

Competition makes better cars. Otherwise you're going to end up with a car that has the power of a 2010 Mustang GT with a 2010 Camaro like crap interior and Dodge Challenger weight every single year. Gross...

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
The only problem I have with this is I've seen on this site, people get excited for the high sales numbers (that's a good thing, don't get me wrong) in one thread, but in another bitch about how their car isn't unique enough because there's too many on the road. (It's just the opposite on the Camaro forums.)

Mustang guys should want higher Camaro sales than the terribad ~5k a month they're putting out.

Competition makes better cars. Otherwise you're going to end up with a car that has the power of a 2010 Mustang GT with a 2010 Camaro like crap interior and Dodge Challenger weight every single year. Gross...
Yet somehow the Mustang had 390hp in 2003 and over 500hp in 2007 without any competition "pushing" it. That argument just doesn't hold as much weight as everyone wants it to.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'd be willing to bet GM is scrambling for an early "refresh" now like they had to do with the Malibu when it bombed a few years ago. I'm guessing we'll see new sheetmetal as soon as MY2018. It's been out too long now for people to remain optimistic about it's sales.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm a Brit abroad at the moment...........currently on holiday (sorry, vacation!) in Florida, and I have to say I'm easily spotting the 6th gen Camaros, and I like them, A LOT!

That being said, there are clearly far S550s than Camaros on the road and I'm really enjoying spotting them, too! :)

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Yet somehow the Mustang had 390hp in 2003 and over 500hp in 2007 without any competition "pushing" it. That argument just doesn't hold as much weight as everyone wants it to.
The mustang gt had 260hp in 2003. My 4 cylinder s2000 with 240hp routinely beat them down.
:lol:

The SVT Cobra had 390 but that one doesn't really count.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
And yes...if the Gen 6 is so, so, so superior ...why is the "heavy pig" with the "crap interior" taking it to the woodshed in sales for the month of May?

Many more months like this and we're going to have to put the Camaro diehard faithful group on suicide watch.
Its a rather simple deduction really. Look at the overall design of the exterior, has it changed? Not really! Sure the dimensions have changed but when I see this car in person it still looks HUGE! and is difficult for me to discern if its a gen 5 or 6. The new Camaro is great, no doubt! American automobile manufacturers are meeting worldly performance standards. However, for a car to succeed with a new generation it has to improve in performance and appeal. The gen 6 Camaro is just not that appealing as there is not much difference in its appearance.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
The mustang gt had 260hp in 2003. My 4 cylinder s2000 with 240hp routinely beat them down.
:lol:

The SVT Cobra had 390 but that one doesn't really count.
How does that not count? It is a Mustang, it counts.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
GM needed to redesign the camaro ASAP to get any success in sales. With out of the box performance they wouldn't have any sales.

Now I wonder Camaro will stay in production for 7G, and how are GM redesign going to look, Mustang look alike?
More than a redesign they need to PRICE them competitively. You are not going to win buyers but the GM die-hards at $3k more on a BASE model- not counting the $4-5k more when it comes to the V8 models.

That's a lot of money for some people! That's what 10% more for the car? That's a lot!

Ive seen a few new Camaros on the road and while they're certainly better than the outgoing ones, they aren't THAT different. Not even close to the S550 vs S197 differences. It just doesnt look or feel like a new model.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
How does that not count? It is a Mustang, it counts.
Because it was a limited production car and stopped being sold in 2004. The GT sold more in 2.5 months than the 2003 and 2004 svt sold total. The SVT was in a class all it's own, more of a specialty showcase car then anything. :thumbsup:

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Because it was a limited production car and stopped being sold in 2004. The GT sold more in 2.5 months than the 2003 and 2004 svt sold total. The SVT was in a class all it's own, more of a specialty showcase car then anything. :thumbsup:
Still a Mustang. I don't care if they only made 5 of them. They also stopped in 2004 due to S197 coming out, and the GT500 had a steady run from 2007 to 2014. It's simply the highest tier Mustang.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The pricing on the new Camaro is just killing it sales wise. Ford seems to have struck the right balance of price and performance.
Sponsored