Magneride

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
It works, no question about that. I object to having to buy a PP when I'll never track the car just to get it. Screw Henry and the Mustang he rode in on. 🤣
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I love the adjustability. It is fast reacting and precise. The only draw back for some people would be your limited to how low you can lower. It's awesome for me. Good luck

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You gotta watch out for a few people on this forum that love to spout BS constantly in threads. I thought this would be different from a Honda forum I came from due to the nature of this car, but it ain't... Same car trolls everywhere.
As far as I can tell, everyone is having a pretty good discussion, so right now, that person seems to be you.

Keep in mind, the calibration of your PP2 car will be different than others. Your various mode settings might be very pronounced. Mine are not.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Keep in mind, the calibration of your PP2 car will be different than others. Your various mode settings might be very pronounced. Mine are not.
I’ll be taking the Shelby to Road Atlanta next weekend. Running on stock dampers/springs/ARB’s with a fresh performance alignment on 200TW Goodyears. I’ll get a good feel then for the differentiation provided by the modes.

Hopefully what I learn there will help guide me in the decision making process. One thing that makes this tricky is the unknowns between the different models (EB, PP1, PP2, 350, 350R). It just complicates how well we can apply one another’s experiences.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Well, we have two data points right now between my Eco & kz's GT. It seems as if the baseline map is a good bit better than the Ford "Track" setting on track. There will always be gains found from fine tuning, but this will be car/driver/application specific.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Mine neither, or I'm an idiot. When I can be bothered I switch to track mode for the first part of my commute, as going up that twisty hill in "normal" feels like I'm in a boat and is plain on uncomfortable for me. I've tried "sport", but can't feel any difference from normal.

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’ll be taking the Shelby to Road Atlanta next weekend. Running on stock dampers/springs/ARB’s with a fresh performance alignment on 200TW Goodyears. I’ll get a good feel then for the differentiation provided by the modes.

Hopefully what I learn there will help guide me in the decision making process. One thing that makes this tricky is the unknowns between the different models (EB, PP1, PP2, 350, 350R). It just complicates how well we can apply one another’s experiences.
I imagine with those tires at optimal temp/psi you will notice a good bit of roll and dice under braking.

I just had mine out at Summit Point with PSS. Definitely more movement than is ideal but overall the Magneride did a great job. Definitely handled bumps and curbs very well.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
For me - Normal vs. Track with stock VDM was relatively easy to notice. It was even easier when during autocross car would throw "Service Advancetrac" message - next corner damper were noticeably softer (and throttle mapping changed so it could play part in noticing "change").

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I imagine with those tires at optimal temp/psi you will notice a good bit of roll and dice under braking.

I just had mine out at Summit Point with PSS. Definitely more movement than is ideal but overall the Magneride did a great job. Definitely handled bumps and curbs very well.
You got that right! 1st time out the car acted pretty nervous under full braking. Not especially confidence inspiring. For this time there’s gonna be a lot of spherical bearings where the rubber bushing were before. Hope that tames the handling under braking.

TBH it may all be an over reaction. The virgin voyage was also marked with the inability to invoke Track mode (MyKey - I had no idea until it was too late!). As a result, Sport mode was as far up the ladder as I could climb. The car soaked up curbs extremely well. Also had pretty substantial body roll and electronic reluctance to accommodate both slip angles and throttle application. Understandable in Sport mode. Excited to try Track mode with less compliance in the suspension.

Who knows, the range of possibilities is wide. I may love it just like it is, want to try DSC sport, or start swapping parts.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me - Normal vs. Track with stock VDM was relatively easy to notice. It was even easier when during autocross car would throw "Service Advancetrac" message - next corner damper were noticeably softer (and throttle mapping changed so it could play part in noticing "change").
Does it still do that with the DSC, or was that just with OE VDM? To me that would be a powerful motivator for change.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
@shogun32 what year PP1 mag ride car are you comparing against?

My 2020 PP1 is wayyyyyy better than the 2018 and 2016 GTs I had but neither of those were Performance Pack with Magride like the 2020.

My 16 has BMR drsg springs with poorly matched GT350 sway bars. That car was really tight and tossable it was almost unpredictable when it would snap or break loose though and hard to judge even on Firehawk Indy 500s.

Box stock my 2020 PP1 with magride on stock Michelins is on a different planet better than the 2016 was!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Does it still do that with the DSC, or was that just with OE VDM? To me that would be a powerful motivator for change.
I generally drove with everything off (mode set to Track, Advancetrac off) so in addition to softer suspension that message was also re-enabling traction and stability control which was quite unhelpful. Since April I've been driving with the plug out (one that disables traction/stability completely and prevents from that message showing up) so I honestly do not know if it would do that with DSC or not.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi
I generally drove with everything off (mode set to Track, Advancetrac off) so in addition to softer suspension that message was also re-enabling traction and stability control which was quite unhelpful. Since April I've been driving with the plug out (one that disables traction/stability completely and prevents from that message showing up) so I honestly do not know if it would do that with DSC or not.
Forgive the noobie question… where is that plug?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Inner fender, near the airbox.

I've never unplugged mine but if its what I think it is, its just looks like a terminating plug in the end of a wiring loom tail.

Not my photo :

1628251003543.png

WD :like:
Sponsored