Magneride feels floaty

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Vlad your amazing! seems like you know quite a bit!
Can't take the credit for that. All I know about Mustangs I know from these forums. I waited nine months for the car to arrive, during which there was nothing for me to do than read about it. :giggle:
Sponsored

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Can't take the credit for that. All I know about Mustangs I know from these forums. I had nine months to wait for the car to arrive, during which there was nothing for me to do than read about it. :giggle:
😂😂😂 you sound like me lol always constantly doing research and learning about anything mustang related

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Edit - Just a thought - Does anyone know what happens to an un-powered MR damper i.e. if it lost all electrical connection, is it softer than a 'normal' damper or is it about the same ? If the wires got severed by debris being flicked up under the arch, is the system intelligent enough to throw a dash light ?
I do not have MR on my GT, but from previous experience with it on other cars, it feels pretty much like worn normal shocks.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I have a PP1 (US) with Magneride. It certainly doesn’t feel floaty in any driving mode.
What is your tire pressure at?

Sponsored

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have a PP1 (US) with Magneride. It certainly doesn’t feel floaty in any driving mode.
What is your tire pressure at?
tire pressur is at 30 on all 4 corners. ive been digging through the threads on here and people are saying that in NORMAL mode it feels similar to a base non pp car so maybe thats what im feeling lol guess now my question is if i change it to sport+ does that change solely the suspension and steering feel? or does it change gearing and shifting parameters as well

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....when im at really high speeds and the floatingness feels even worse...... is this just how magneride works in normal mode?....
Why would you be driving at anything other than a normal pace without being in Track mode?

Get in your car, flip the switch to Track mode. Every time.

That's the whole point to Magneride. It can be soft and cushy when you want, and tight and controlled when you want.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....tire pressur is at 30 on all 4 corners. ive been digging through the threads on here and people are saying that in NORMAL mode it feels similar to a base non pp car so maybe thats what im feeling lol guess now my question is if i change it to sport+ does that change solely the suspension and steering feel? or does it change gearing and shifting parameters as well
36PSI all around. 30 is waaaaay too low. The door says 32 PSI, and even that's too low. 34 PSI should be your minimum.

It will change shifting too, IIRC. Others can shed more light on that though.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah if there really is an issue with your suspension, it should get fixed under warranty. Good luck!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
If anything, MR reduces the floaty feel, especially on roads with a lot of humps/bouncing.

So OP, is this a new-to-you car? I see you've got it listed as a 2018, so assuming you haven't owned it since it was new.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I may be waaaaaay off base here, but that looks to be sitting quite high for a Magneride equipped GT. How long have you had the car? Ensure there are no "shipping blocks" on the springs (I know GT350/GT500s have these.......not sure on M/ride GTs).
It does look like it's sitting kind of high-ish. Weird.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
36PSI all around. 30 is waaaaay too low. The door says 32 PSI, and even that's too low. 34 PSI should be your minimum.

It will change shifting too, IIRC. Others can shed more light on that though.
With the manual says that on track days they tell you to lower the pressure, not raise it, I would not increase it above the door values. I will agree that 30psi is low. Some of the softness can be from that.

All overinflating will do is round out the tire and reduce your contact patch making less traction. Adding a psi or two can reduce rolling resistance but at what expense? Excessive tire wear in the middle of the tire and less traction?

Start with 32PSI and go from there. Unless you plan on adding lots of heat would I drop it. Also, you can look at the dash and change the setup to show you the PSI in each tire. hot is something like 36PSI. Also, always check your tires cold. Not when one side is in the sun and the other is in the shade.

My PP2 is a different beast and is also not floaty. It eats up the bumps without being a Caddie!

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
This may just be me feeling paranoid but i feel like my suspension in my GT feels very loose when driving my car...it DOES have magneride which ive never had before so maybe having it in normal mode makes it feel very floaty especially in the back. the only thing i can compare it to is if your driving an old classic car when you hit a bump and your whole ass end feels like its swaying around. could there be something wrong with the suspension or is this just how magneride works in normal mode? feel a little concerned for when im at really high speeds and the floatingness feels even worse. please let me know what you guys think!
Non magneride felt a little floaty to me, but magneride felt/feels solid. As stated by another member, go to the dealer and drive another to see if it feels the same.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Put it in Sport+ and let us know how it feels.

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Ok guys sorry for not messaging back to all of you, i didnt get any notifications...to answer everyones questions:

im going to inflate the tires to 32 psi.

i had a 2018 non pp/mr car but since then i bought a 2020 pp/mr car

i checked the suspension, no shipping blocks and i believe the picture that you guys are seeing makes the car look taller it sits lower in my garage.

I never have had the car in sport+ until yesterday and i will say the whole attitude of the car changed alot the steering stiffens up quite a bit, bumpier ride, and my feel if floating is damn near non existant.

i have dug deep in other threads and peope say that in normal mode it feels like a non pp/mr car so maybe thats what im feeling

i will say that in normal mode i barely feel any bumps at all so i believe its doing its job

hopefully i answered all of the questions and please shoot me anymore advice or feedback if theres anything else that jumps out at you i want to make sure this car is performing perfectly lol thanks for all the help!
Sponsored