Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Installed my new suspension parts and wanted to share some thoughts:

FP track shocks
BMR Handling Springs
BMR cradle lockout

TLDR: spring stiff, feel good.

Thanks to those who recommended these, perfect setup for my daily driver and much improved driving experience 🤩
Never done anything this major to a car so I felt like an OG mechanic afterward.
This took a full weekend on jack stands and not in a rush. I'm no expert so if you are inclined enough to try and have the tools available, save the money and DIY.

The only real hiccup was a clunk sound coming from the front side, we discovered the strut rod top nut was not tightened down, so we cranked it until the noise went away lol. The alignment hasn't been done yet but just driving around it was not affected much at all. Without measuring beforehand I can't say how much it dropped but just under an inch front and rear, looks just right.

If anyone has a better solution to torqueing the top nut to the 76 ft-lb spec, BESIDES the 18 dollar socket from steeda please reply. We used vice grips on a 21 mm and hand tightened with a socket that was small enough to pass through. Some say its fine to just impact it a couple times, idk how crucial that spec is.

About comber bolts... :

I decided not to put these on the car. Despite having good reviews, some have warned about the weaker clamping force. Troubleshooting the clunking noise we thought it could have been the bolts, so after hitting the top spindle mount with a dead blow, it definitely shifted spindle mount in the lower shock seat. So out they came, maybe others have had better luck?

Driving:

Even with the stock 18x8 wheels (with 235/50/R18 Conti dsw06 ) the car feels much tighter all around. Cornering, brake dive, squat, body roll all drastically improved from the non-PP suspension. I was really not enjoying the base GT setup before. The car would literally dance all over the place just normal driving even straight, flat roads. Now it feels much more planted and smooth, maybe even luxurious. The cradle lockout completely got rid of an effect where the front would plant and then clap three times THEN the rear sets. They hyped up the new IRS so much but put that soft garbage on the base model, maybe they are upselling the pp1.

Not too stiff for daily driving, no road trips yet, will update in the future. The dampers really handle the crazy increase in spring stiffness even on bad roads.
The steering response, throttle, cutch and shifter feel are also improved somehow, feel much more connected to the car and the road. The stock stuff had this numb feeling to it. No more floaty bs over expansion joints.

Future:

Next upgrades will be wider wheels and tires for sure, when money allows. Been considering poly diff bushings since the drive train has a bit of slop, noticed one of them had a small tear in it. Maybe some shifter bushings/ new shifter although I've heard they suck to install.

Again thanks to everyone who has shared or worked on suspension/ handlings mods. If you are reading this and posted about any of these parts I probably read your stuff more than once lol.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
As to the camber-plate clunking. I think Steeda has a tolerance stacking problem that a moderately hard rubber ring in the sandwich would help alleviate the problem.

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
As to the camber-plate clunking. I think Steeda has a tolerance stacking problem that a moderately hard rubber ring in the sandwich would help alleviate the problem.
These were just the 36 dollar camber bolts. I may have to purchase some plates but right now there is no clunk.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
sorry, I misread that you had camber plates. Let me amend by saying the clearance stacking is in the front strut mount be it with or without camber plates.

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Little update:

Figured out I need to get the front geometry corrected (steeda roll center/bump steer kit) . Steering response blows and has this awful tipping sensation in transitions, and at the beginning of any significant turn at any speed. Also looking at a gt350 front bar and pp1 rear depending on how things go.

Camber bolts holding fine as far as I can tell, the car tracks straight even under hard accel.

There are a few threads on correcting the roll center that explain things pretty well, so if the BMR salesman tells you "yeah anything less than an inch drop you wont need that" he clowning you LOL. I should say, your car will still work fine after alignment but the whole point of doing suspension was to make the car feel sportier/ handle better. This far in, what's another 400 + bucks am I right?

Lots of good feedback from the steeda RCC kit, I wonder why they are the only real supplier of the extended lateral links (some other places offer the bumpsteer portion of the kit), seriously though, how many mustang owners put lowering springs on their cars? And all the store pages never mention the negatives.

Always learning stuff thanks to this great forum

[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Well done for tackling this yourself, just be safe!

Are you sure it's a RC issue and not a sway bar issue?

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Well done for tackling this yourself, just be safe!

Are you sure it's a RC issue and not a sway bar issue?
No! How would I know for sure?

It's also probably a tire issue, I stuck with the factory sidewall of 50, which I have noticed to have been pretty soft and forgiving. A sway bar would be the cheapest option to address this except maybe a lower K brace and some PP lateral links.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
There are a few threads on correcting the roll center that explain things pretty well, so if the BMR salesman tells you "yeah anything less than an inch drop you wont need that" he clowning you LOL.
What is your alignment and which tires are you on, again?

Instead of complaining that you've been lied to, maybe you could consider there are several spices in the soup & immediately blaming suspension geometry might be a bit of an overreaction. The Steeda roll-center kit is a nice addition to a well-sorted package, but it's a spice, not a fundamental component.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Thanks for the update. This makes me feel better about my future purchase. Soon enough I will be redoing my suspension (Steeda ultralite & FP Track shocks) which should be more or less like your setup give or take since your springs are a bit more stiffer. Its good to know you feel "luxurious" with your set up. The last thing I want is a crazy harsh ride

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
What is your alignment and which tires are you on, again?

Instead of complaining that you've been lied to, maybe you could consider there are several spices in the soup & immediately blaming suspension geometry might be a bit of an overreaction. The Steeda roll-center kit is a nice addition to a well-sorted package, but it's a spice, not a fundamental component.
You may be spot on with this. I know nothing!

The tires are Continental dsw06 plus, 235/50/18.

Coming from much lighter cars that are sporty right out of the gate, I only have that and this forum to learn from. Having never changed a roll center or corrected one, I wouldn't know if its just a spice or not. People with similar springs were reporting a night and day difference on their setups (probably different tires) and to say that there wouldn't be any negative effects regarding roll center after lowering wouldn't be entirely accurate. Again I have 0 practical experience with this.

I'd rather not buy them so please, educate me!

EDIT
alignment is -1.5 deg front camber, I think 0 toe if not slight toe in. Ill take a photo of it later today

Sponsored
OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks for the update. This makes me feel better about my future purchase. Soon enough I will be redoing my suspension (Steeda ultralite & FP Track shocks) which should be more or less like your setup give or take since your springs are a bit more stiffer. Its good to know you feel "luxurious" with your set up. The last thing I want is a crazy harsh ride
I think the OEM tire setup has a lot to do with this. The base suspension was comfortable but somehow the harshness has not changed.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
You are welcome :)
BMR LINEAR HANDLING SPRINGS ARE AWESOME with FP shocks.

In the future what you would need
bigger wheels. APEX WHEELS offers great options in 18 or 19 x10 or 11
That is where you will see great benefit in your driving experience.
And don't buy nitto 555 PR OTHER STUFF.

Camber plates. Many options. But the best? VORSHLAG CAMBER PLATES.
Do it once and right.

Last ..front sway bar. BMR. 3 regulation. Go in the mid one. Awesome improvment.

Have fun!

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
You are welcome :)
BMR LINEAR HANDLING SPRINGS ARE AWESOME with FP shocks.

In the future what you would need
bigger wheels. APEX WHEELS offers great options in 18 or 19 x10 or 11
That is where you will see great benefit in your driving experience.
And don't buy nitto 555 PR OTHER STUFF.

Camber plates. Many options. But the best? VORSHLAG CAMBER PLATES.
Do it once and right.

Last ..front sway bar. BMR. 3 regulation. Go in the mid one. Awesome improvment.

Have fun!
Thanks! I like apex wheels. Is a 10 to 11 inch wheel really necessary for a daily driver? And the tires have been goin up and up.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Thanks! I like apex wheels. Is a 10 to 11 inch wheel really necessary for a daily driver? And the tires have been goin up and up.
For a daily i would go 10 square.
There are Nice options out.there for tires that doesn't cost a fortune.
Tires are like the mattress at home.
You dont wanna spend a lot of money but you pass a lot of time over them. Lol.
Safety. Comfort. And wearing are factors to consider on the purchased. And of course weather. if u live.in little rain areas or is dry is another factor (and cost) to put in the equation.
Here to help if you need.
Alessandro

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
For a daily i would go 10 square.
There are Nice options out.there for tires that doesn't cost a fortune.
Tires are like the mattress at home.
You dont wanna spend a lot of money but you pass a lot of time over them. Lol.
Safety. Comfort. And wearing are factors to consider on the purchased. And of course weather. if u live.in little rain areas or is dry is another factor (and cost) to put in the equation.
Here to help if you need.
Alessandro
We get things here in Ohio called snow and ice LOL, my current wheels would probably end up being a winter set.

I love the mattress analogy 😂
Sponsored