baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Go visit the Zoo, will ya? :p
As an animal, there is a danger of getting shot by a zoo keeper, at least here in Cincinnati.
Sponsored

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Added gt350 bar and adjustable end links. Very nice improvement with body roll and steering feel. Definitely fixed the weirdness following the lowering springs.

EDIT --

I need an 18mm wrench in my tools, this job threw that size left and right and none of us had more than the sockets lmao. That nut under the alternator was kind of tricky with that little plastic flap, it shoves the socket wrench right into the alternator as you loosen. Just taking out the air box and using a bunch of extensions did the trick for the rest.

Last edited:

Darkshadows550!!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harrison
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You are welcome :)
BMR LINEAR HANDLING SPRINGS ARE AWESOME with FP shocks.

In the future what you would need
bigger wheels. APEX WHEELS offers great options in 18 or 19 x10 or 11
That is where you will see great benefit in your driving experience.
And don't buy nitto 555 PR OTHER STUFF.

Camber plates. Many options. But the best? VORSHLAG CAMBER PLATES.
Do it once and right.

Last ..front sway bar. BMR. 3 regulation. Go in the mid one. Awesome improvment.

Have fun!
What’s the part number for the bmr linear springs?

Sponsored

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
How’s the ride quality? Those spring rates are pretty high compared to factory. Was thinking of doing the same set up you described with the fp track shocks. You have camber plates or camber bolts?
I have the bolts for now, haven't had any issues so far with them. Ride quality didn't change that much for me but I attribute that to the floppy OEM tire setup (235/50/R18). If I had to do it again I would have bought a wheel and tire setup as the bmr/fp package is for sale at a huge bargain by a member on here. Suspension stuff pops up a lot more often than used wheels. Yes it is a high spring rate, it's the highest you can get before going coilover, but the spring does most of the leg work for controlling body roll, it's a very heavy car. Having a good set of dampers allows the car to be firm but controlled. A lot of that stuff is subjective though so if you are worried, try and find a member who will let you ride

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Go plates. 250 up front is not a ride quality issue. 350lb/in and over is where it starts to become a matter of taste and tradeoff.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
How’s the ride quality? Those spring rates are pretty high compared to factory. Was thinking of doing the same set up you described with the fp track shocks. You have camber plates or camber bolts?
U will notice a better less floating drive.
I liked it a lot. Those are the stiffer springs u can get on oem style shocks.
Worth it.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
U will notice a better less floating drive.
I liked it a lot. Those are the stiffer springs u can get on oem style shocks.
Worth it.
Stiffer springs u can get on oem style shocks are the Steeda Dual-Rates or Eibach Pro-Kit the BMR offering is a little less stiff then the other two options. And even 350 front is not that much spring. Though for daily you can argue that 200/800 is the best option so for a daily car I thing something like Steeda Ultra Lite linear will be better than the BMR 250/980 springs and also the drop is less on the ultra lites. Overall though all options for lowering springs don't have rates high enough to make the ride annoying.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Sorry i meant linear
The Bmr are the stiffest linear springs.
The dual rates with all the respect are not the answer for track usage.
And the are stiffer ..just at the end..

Not sure about the drop of the steeda ultra lite but 0.75 of the bmr is a great number .
IMO More is too much, less is not enough.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry i meant linear
The Bmr are the stiffest linear springs.

Not sure about the drop of the steeda ultra lite but 0.75 of the bmr is a great number .
IMO More is too much, less is not enough.
Yeah that I agree with stiffest linear springs. I think 1 inch drop is perfect though.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the problem with the dual is they have TINY amount of travel (like 1/4") before they go into the higher rate. It needs to be more like 3/4 or 1".

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Picked up a strut tower bar for cheap from a local owner. I'm pleasantly surprised with the result! I could immediately feel the front end tighten up at all speeds and many different road situations. Its been interesting to see how different mods build upon each other, which makes me wonder what this upgrade by itself would be like without the stiff springs, sway bar and shocks. Kind of amazing how much flex there is in the chassis, if I had to do it all over, I would start with bracing and tires, then do suspension.

Someone has said before, if ford decided to put it on the PP1, it probably is there for a reason.

EDIT: one thing I wanted to ad is the car is far more engaging and fund to drive at lower speeds, getting close to that "on rails" feel that people reference. That was a big gripe about this car and living in a city, doesn't FEEL fast until you are already in trouble.

Last edited:

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
i have the same shocks struts as the op but went with the fp track springs. the drop was only 1/2 '' front and 1/4" the rear. i would have liked a bit lower but the car handles 10 time better than with the stock pp1 stuff. i didnt use camber bolts either, shop said they had no problem aligning camber.

OP
OP
baazooka

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
i have the same shocks struts as the op but went with the fp track springs. the drop was only 1/2 '' front and 1/4" the rear. i would have liked a bit lower but the car handles 10 time better than with the stock pp1 stuff. i didnt use camber bolts either, shop said they had no problem aligning camber.
I think such a mild drop would allow them to stay within the factory alignment with the stock adjustment range. Glad you like the setup!
Sponsored