Sponsored

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I've also exchanged emails with John and TJ. Both guys seem very knowledgeable and patient. I've also spent some time with the shop that's going to the install, eventually. $1,600+/- in parts, plus install is a no-go right now. Income tax is not going to be friendly to me. But, once that passes, maybe July, I'll get back at the upgrades.

@rucus0101 did the comfort level of the ride get better, stay the same, or got harsher? It's hugely important that the wife likes the car and I don't want to make it so stiff that she doesn't like to ride or drive it. (I know at least of couple of you are gonna have a juvenile field day with that last statement, but there's really no other way to say it, so have at it :crackup:)
Both ride and handling are better. Small bumps not nearly as noticeable and the porpoise oscillation it use to do is gone. Launches are better as well as it seems to just settle and go vs before the rear had some wiggle in it when you got on it hard. My wife rides mine all the time and she does say its stiff still. Her ride is a new navigator though so its hard to compare.

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I've also exchanged emails with John and TJ. Both guys seem very knowledgeable and patient. I've also spent some time with the shop that's going to the install, eventually. $1,600+/- in parts, plus install is a no-go right now. Income tax is not going to be friendly to me. But, once that passes, maybe July, I'll get back at the upgrades.

@rucus0101 did the comfort level of the ride get better, stay the same, or got harsher? It's hugely important that the wife likes the car and I don't want to make it so stiff that she doesn't like to ride or drive it. (I know at least of couple of you are gonna have a juvenile field day with that last statement, but there's really no other way to say it, so have at it :crackup:)
I'm not gonna lie, the wife is a huge factor in this as well.

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Both ride and handling are better. Small bumps not nearly as noticeable and the porpoise oscillation it use to do is gone. Launches are better as well as it seems to just settle and go vs before the rear had some wiggle in it when you got on it hard. My wife rides mine all the time and she does say its stiff still. Her ride is a new navigator though so its hard to compare.
Thanks so much for the answers rucus! That's the problem with this forum.............. people are FAR too helpful..... gets expensive!

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Thanks so much for the answers rucus! That's the problem with this forum.............. people are FAR too helpful..... gets expensive!
So true. Almost every time I log in, I find a mod the I "just have to have". Oh well, no sense in dying with money left in the bank.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
So, I finally got the new wheels and tires on, and it looks great, except now it looks like I need to drop it down a bit to close up some wheel gap.

Questions are:

1) How much change will lowering springs make in overall ride quality? The wife still likes to ride and drive the car, so I don't want something that's going to make it ride like a brick.

2) I don't really need track level springs, just something to close up the wheel gap. Are springs enough, and/or the best option? What about coil overs, or are those more track related?

3) Steeda vs BMR vs FRPP vs ??

4) How low can I go? 285/35/19 front with a +35 and 325/30/19 rear with a +50.

The whole purpose of the car in general is to have fun. Mostly cruising around, a couple of autocross trips, drag strip runs and TNIA stuff, but nothing super competitive. I'm not trying to set the car up to be the next Jeff Gordon, John Force or Mario Andretti, just having fun. So ride quality would be the biggest factor in choosing the best way to lower the car to close up the wheel gap.

Please and thank you for any and helpful information, thoughts and experiences. BS comments welcome if they're amusing.
Samd1351, I can hook you up on some springs for your car here at @LethalPerformance! Shoot me a message if you have any questions or would like to place an order!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
So my question is if the progressive lowering springs are too low? Opinions wanted.

Take into account Ill either run stock size PP1 tires 255/40/19 and 275/40/19 or go 275 F/285 R or Square 275/35/19 or 285/35/19 on 10' wheels. I know thats a lot to digest

TJ set me up with his folks and we had a great call, set me a good deal on a full suspension but really right now Im just looking at the springs to start with. Ive heard both good and not thrilled regarding the amount the springs lower the car, its basically a DD. I would like a little more handling in fast tight turns.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That all depends on the specific spring choice. Sportlines are progressive and drop 1.5", Steeda Sport can be either and are about a 1".

Unless you want that big drop, the Steedas are better and because it isn't as low, you don't have to worry about scraping in daily driving.

Sponsored

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
So my question is if the progressive lowering springs are too low? Opinions wanted.

Take into account Ill either run stock size PP1 tires 255/40/19 and 275/40/19 or go 275 F/285 R or Square 275/35/19 or 285/35/19 on 10' wheels. I know thats a lot to digest

TJ set me up with his folks and we had a great call, set me a good deal on a full suspension but really right now Im just looking at the springs to start with. Ive heard both good and not thrilled regarding the amount the springs lower the car, its basically a DD. I would like a little more handling in fast tight turns.
I used the steeda spacers with mine. The drop is right at 1/2" with the spacers. I drive in some of the worst spots out there and have not had any issues.

MAtt

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I used the steeda spacers with mine. The drop is right at 1/2" with the spacers. I drive in some of the worst spots out there and have not had any issues.

MAtt

Did you also put in the Steeda camber plates?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Did you also put in the Steeda camber plates?
Not the one you quoted, but I have 1/8" spacers on the rear to lift it up a 1/4" due to the extra drop from having my sub box in the back.

Also have camber plates up front but no spacer.

Sport linear springs with fixed proactions and the short stack from the blue bump stops.
Sponsored