Lowering springs questions

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I see what you mean. But if I get the FRPP track dampers, springs, and cradle lockout you think would be good without the Steeda shock mounts? Thanks for all your help btw. Your posts have been very informative.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I see what you mean. But if I get the FRPP track dampers, springs, and cradle lockout you think would be good without the Steeda shock mounts? Thanks for all your help btw. Your posts have been very informative.
You're welcome!

It wouldn't be a bad idea to try it first without. It's a pretty easy job to swap them and doesn't affect alignment.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You're welcome!

It wouldn't be a bad idea to try it first without. It's a pretty easy job to swap them and doesn't affect alignment.
Speaking of alignment, do I need to get camber plates and/or camber bolts? So far my parts list includes the FRPP track dampers, SP763 springs, CB005, and Steeda alignment kit for the CB005. Is there anything else I need before I go to the shop?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Need bolts or plates? No. If you want to get it perfect, yes.

TheMark

obsessed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Ignot Silver
Does anyone have a shop recommendation for a PERFECT alignment in the south florida area?

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got to put some miles on mine this past weekend. I will reserve final judgment on the Steeda shock mounts until I can put a solid couple hours of interstate driving on them and get a proper alignment. With that said though, initial observations were not overwhelming as far as the bounciness goes.

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I didn't research lowering my car well enough. I was unaware the it would "bounce" after the install. Not sure what to think of all the talk about bounce. What's the deal?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I can't answer your question honestly since you went with the BMR springs and I have Steeda Progressives. But go back and read my description on page 1 of my ride differences.
With stock there was a lot of travel in a bump. With my springs, it is a firmer ride, but less travel.

EDIT: With any spring, put some miles on them before passing judgement. They will settle in over time, along with you getting used to the ride.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I didn't research lowering my car well enough. I was unaware the it would "bounce" after the install. Not sure what to think of all the talk about bounce. What's the deal?
Stock GTs/GT PP have some freeway chop/expansion joint bounce, like a continuous oscillation. The right spring rates help with this. You really don't have anything to worry about with the setup you chose. I've found in the past that the Steeda shock mounts help mitigate that oscillation with an underdamped spring.

Sponsored

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Need bolts or plates? No. If you want to get it perfect, yes.

So I finally ordered all of the parts to upgrade my suspension (FRPP track dampers, SP763 springs, CB005, Steeda alignment kit for the CB005, & FC003 camber bolts). Was wondering if you have any advice on what alignment specs would be best for a daily-driven Mustang that hits the twisties but not so much the track. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally ordered all of the parts to upgrade my suspension (FRPP track dampers, SP763 springs, CB005, Steeda alignment kit for the CB005, & FC003 camber bolts). Was wondering if you have any advice on what alignment specs would be best for a daily-driven Mustang that hits the twisties but not so much the track. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.
Sure!

Front
Camber: -1.5 +/- 0.2
Toe: 0.00 +/- 0.02 degrees per side, but the same on each side so steer ahead is 0.00

Rear
Camber: -1.3 +/- 0.02
Toe: 0.10-0.13 degrees per side

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
To finish off this thread. The finished product. Very happy with my setup. BMR SP763 springs, Steeda alignment kit/IRS brace, and PP shocks/struts. Very happy with the stance and rides very well. Firm but not too firm.
1 lower.jpg
lowered.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:clap2:

Firm without harshness, and controlled. The factory setup is lacking in control and gets tossed around a lot, despite being softer.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Car looks great & thank you for choosing Steeda! Glad you are enjoying the new look!

TJ
Sponsored