Sponsored

Just ordered Antigravity Lithium Battery

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any idea what temperature range they are suited for? Would hate to buy one when where I live can easily hit 110 degrees.
I keep tabs on Li- based batteries with a hawk's eye 🧐
Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Any idea what temperature range they are suited for? Would hate to buy one when where I live can easily hit 110 degrees.
I keep tabs on Li- based batteries with a hawk's eye 🧐
I have an ATX-20 here in Houston. No issues so far. As best I can tell, the AC actually vents to the battery compartment. I will post a photo of my set up when I get home. I pulled out hte ugly black battery case completely, and used the MeLe to hold my ATX-20. With that, the battery should get enough airflow around it. It is still basically separated from the engine bay itself. Worst case, I will add some reflective tape to the outside of the MeLe and the metal divider between the battery and engine (Sorry, don't know the technical name for this metal).

@Cory S, the bluetooth app, you have to purchase the monitor, the battery itself does not have the app, correct?

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have an ATX-20 here in Houston. No issues so far. As best I can tell, the AC actually vents to the battery compartment. I will post a photo of my set up when I get home. I pulled out hte ugly black battery case completely, and used the MeLe to hold my ATX-20. With that, the battery should get enough airflow around it. It is still basically separated from the engine bay itself. Worst case, I will add some reflective tape to the outside of the MeLe and the metal divider between the battery and engine (Sorry, don't know the technical name for this metal).
Ah wow, I did not at all know that the A/C also goes to the battery. In the six years I've owned my car, I have only used the A/C a handful of times (heat resistance LOL).

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
@Cory S, the bluetooth app, you have to purchase the monitor, the battery itself does not have the app, correct?
Correct. The Battery Tracker is $35.00.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ah wow, I did not at all know that the A/C also goes to the battery. In the six years I've owned my car, I have only used the A/C a handful of times (heat resistance LOL).
HVAC/AC does not move through the battery box. It's only vented by cowl induction through the cowl.

Sponsored

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
HVAC/AC does not move through the battery box. It's only vented by cowl induction through the cowl.
That makes much more sense, thank you.

But yeah, at a standstill, Li-ion/Li-ion batteries always have me questioning if it'll survive the heat.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

If you’re looking for an AG tracker I have one I can sell ya since I no longer have an AG battery.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I saw that tonight. It looked odd, but you can actually see the cabin filter. The opening in the cowl is in the drivers side, it routes past the battery, then through the filter into the cabin. I'd bet it still sucks relatively cool air past the battery box.

Looking back, it should have been obvious. You can kind of see the filter here.

1664499711003.png

PXL_20220929_220104824.jpg

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The Bluetooth app works great.

9AD32725-A111-4D45-8C56-EE0E6EA47A86.png

6AB7D9CB-4F52-4857-8E06-D56C383AB431.png

C92CBB66-FE5C-4CEB-8828-BACD6CAB00B5.png
How does the tracker compare to the voltage the car is reporting?

I am going back and forth on buying one, but my car sits on a charger any time it is at home, but it is nice piece of mind since the car cannot be jumped like normal anymore.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

I am going back and forth on buying one, but my car sits on a charger any time it is at home, but it is nice piece of mind since the car cannot be jumped like normal anymore.
It's not comparable, because during engine running, it will still just display the current voltage going into the battery as well.

As in the in-dash display, and the value the app is showing at the same time, its usually within .2-.3V

Car has been sitting for 6 days now. Voltage has only dropped from 13.26 to 13.25..... :)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If anyone is interested in this I’m going to post it in the for sale page.

It’s the CTEK lithium charger and Antigravity Bluetooth tracker.

0E73CDA9-919D-4A4F-9D76-3B09F5D34CDA.jpeg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Oohhh, I never thought about that question...so you can't jump start one of these if you're dead and stranded somewhere??

I just got my 20 yesterday and AntiGravity messed up. Instead of sending me a battery, it looks like I received a fake display model or something. It looks like the battery, but it's just a case/box, like you'd leave out on a store shelf or something as a display. There's no internals or anything in the battery. You can tell because of the weight.

(Kidding....holy cow...it threw me completely off guard how light this thing is)

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
lol, It does feel like that...

Let us know your thoughts and remember to put the battery cover on to avoid overheating.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
lol, It does feel like that...

Let us know your thoughts and remember to put the battery cover on to avoid overheating.
I run mine without the cover or the battery box, and it has been fine. In Houston. 90 degrees out. It was fine.

Oohhh, I never thought about that question...so you can't jump start one of these if you're dead and stranded somewhere??

I just got my 20 yesterday and AntiGravity messed up. Instead of sending me a battery, it looks like I received a fake display model or something. It looks like the battery, but it's just a case/box, like you'd leave out on a store shelf or something as a display. There's no internals or anything in the battery. You can tell because of the weight.

(Kidding....holy cow...it threw me completely off guard how light this thing is)
I know, right. I was thrown by the fact that the battery cables hold the battery in place so well. 5 lbs vs 26 lbs for me.
Sponsored