I hate deer

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
damn! if i saw it without being told, i would have guessed 3k. but i guess your headlight damage alone brought the repair cost up a lot.
Yeah it adds up fast. Needed a Fender, hood, bumper, grilles, headlight, driving light, there was a little under hood damage too.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Whatever you do don't google "Deer explodes inside car". Yeah, I hate them too.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I HATE deer! I've had a few hit me...one took out my mirror and another rammed his stupid head into my headlight when i was a kid in upstate NY. They are nasty, panicky and outright mean animals. The deer in Georgia aren't as bad and are definitely smaller, but can still do plenty of damage. If one runs out in front, I'll do what I can to avoid, but not going off the road...

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
As a hunter, I always say it would probably be easier to hunt if I put headlights and a horn on my bow, lol.

My wife hit one like 2 months after guying her new Jeep Cherokee Tail Hawk. She stopped so barely hit the deer. Was like $2,500 for basically bumper and lights and maybe a quarter panel if I remember correctly.

No you know why insurance companies lobby for higher bag limits on hunting deer.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
As a hunter, I always say it would probably be easier to hunt if I put headlights and a horn on my bow, lol.

My wife hit one like 2 months after guying her new Jeep Cherokee Tail Hawk. She stopped so barely hit the deer. Was like $2,500 for basically bumper and lights and maybe a quarter panel if I remember correctly.

No you know why insurance companies lobby for higher bag limits on hunting deer.
It's amazing how smart they are when you are hunting them, and how stupid they are otherwise around roads.

Again, kill them all.

Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Deer multiply like rabbits. They use to have hunts to thin out the population to keep them from starving. I don't think they do this anymore.

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I hit 2 deer one morning in my jeep. The first ran out in front of me & hit it with the passengers side fender doing 35 mph. It jumped up & ran away. Started driving again about 50 yards down the road & another ran out in front of me & slipped on the pavement, fell down & ran it over with drivers side front & back tire with no damage. That one jumped up & ran away too.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I hit 2 deer one morning in my jeep. The first ran out in front of me & hit it with the passengers side fender doing 35 mph. It jumped up & ran away. Started driving again about 50 yards down the road & another ran out in front of me & slipped on the pavement, fell down & ran it over with drivers side front & back tire with no damage. That one jumped up & ran away too.
I see you live in AR! Do your part and get a deer permit, you can shoot a few from what I understand.. Takes two years to get drawn for one buck only permit where I live..

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I see you live in AR! Do your part and get a deer permit, you can shoot a few from what I understand.. Takes two years to get drawn for one buck only permit where I live..
I probably should start hunting but I can't afford to do everything LOL! I've hit 3 deer in my jeep all together. I'm just glad they keep picking my jeep & not anything else I drive!

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Going on an alignment rack Wed morning. I can see where the drivers side rear tire tracks about 3 inches outside the front. verified by driving through a puddle. The passenger side rear tracks even with the passenger side front. I have steeda alignment pins installed. It didn't track like this before the hit.

Is the car done? Should I remove all my aftermarket parts before going to the body shop? Or will I be able to remove said parts if the car is totaled.

Earliest appointment is May 31

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This may help with the deer populous in rural areas (or other road obstacles)…. 🤣😂

16A0F046-4702-4FA2-A441-FB89F3071A5D.jpeg
27049F11-815F-46F6-9570-1E06E186D233.jpeg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a friend who hit a deer on the way to work, and hit another one two weeks later with the loner they got while their car was being repaired after hitting the first deer. That's just bad karma.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have a friend who hit a deer on the way to work, and hit another one two weeks later with the loner they got while their car was being repaired after hitting the first deer. That's just bad karma.
Bad karma would have been if they had repaired his car in 13 days.
Sponsored