How do I shift better/faster?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I believe the Mach 1’s have the no lift shift with the Tremec. I know there’s rev matching with the GT but didn’t know the no lift shift made it over. I’ll check it out on my dad’s 2020 this weekend
Sponsored

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well can't wait to try this out tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
tomorrow? Lots of hours left in today!
installing bmr goodies right after work, and don't want to start thrashing on everything while the blue loctite cures :crackup:

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
installing bmr goodies right after work, and don't want to start thrashing on everything while the blue loctite cures :crackup:
Did you drive the car to work? If so, all it takes is one gearshift on the way home to co firm whether or not you have it. I recommend trying it on the 2-3 shift.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Did you drive the car to work? If so, all it takes is one gearshift on the way home to co firm whether or not you have it. I recommend trying it on the 2-3 shift.
I'm remote today and loaded all the jack stands and tools into the car already so don't want them flying around lol.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Dont worry about shifting fast. As long as your shifting right. Get in a hurry and you can money shift it and spit that rransmission all over the road.

A short shifter will reduce the front to back travel and shave a little time. I have a mgw flat stick with the gripper ball. But for relaxed driving i much prefer the stock one. I dont know if your mashing the clutch to the floor or not while shifting but you dont need to go all the way down. That will help shift lag too.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I believe the Mach 1’s have the no lift shift with the Tremec. I know there’s rev matching with the GT but didn’t know the no lift shift made it over. I’ll check it out on my dad’s 2020 this weekend
I agree, as far as I knew it was just in the Mach 1. Owners manual only has it in the Mach 1 supplement. That and it came with the FP tune which is very similar to the Mach 1. Also, I tried it and it didn't seem to work although I might have lifted out of habit. I had a hard time using this feature in my Ecoboost (Cobb iteration) as it just felt "wrong."

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
He’s obviously joking. Save the manuals! Your shifts are fine.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Trade it in for an Automatic, which is Randy Pobst approved. No missed shifts, faster shifts, better mpg.
did you not read the Health and Safety, Hazards sticker on the door label?

Warning. This Mustang is equipped with the world's worst A10 programming and will irritate the snot out of you both on accel and decel, will have harsh and abrupt shifts for no reason, and generally act like some 10 year old programmed it. The Surgeon General furthermore conducted studies showing the lack of driver engagement may be hazardous to your health as the preceding defects aside, are known to lull the driver to sleep or other forms of mental inattentiveness. The use of an A10 Mustang is therefore only recommended in those with amputations of the left leg below the knee or those suffering from accute deficiencies in limb coordination. A10 operators are strongly recommended to do so only when the passenger is ready and willing to punch-buggy the driver on a 5 minute interval and with sufficient force as to cause level 2 trauma/contusion to the right upper bicep.

/JK obviously :) :) :)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Get in a hurry and you can money shift it and spit that rransmission all over the road.
If yer money shifting with a s550, sell it and become one with the JDM boyz.