Hit a deer....

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
That's where it is grey IMO. I don't believe hitting a deer is considered an at fault accident since it was an animal that crossed the road.
Maybe if she was in the crosswalk?
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™ve told myself, if we move to Wyoming Iā€™m selling the GT350.
#1) Cannot imagine not driving it all year long.
#2) Itā€™s not a question of if, but when youā€™ll hit an animal, usually deer.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
Maybe if she was in the crosswalk?
OP said he was going 60, and that does not look like an interstate, so Insurance company has him admiting fault (speeding) if they troll this forum. Be careful what you admit to on these forums when an accident is involved. Just sayin'...

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Good reply Charlie,
I am NOT an adjuster, but the carbon fiber core support is $8000.00, the left front headlight is $1500.00, then we have the hood, fender, door, front fascia, install, paintā€¦. And all of the extra stuff we canā€™t see without being there in person.
You may be correct, but it seems awfully expensive to meā€¦ but I am only guessing!
I agree. I have seen S550s totaled for less. I suspect the right front will turn out to be tweaked, and that will be that.

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
My bet is that it will be totaled.

Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
OP said he was going 60, and that does not look like an interstate, so Insurance company has him admiting fault (speeding) if they troll this forum. Be careful what you admit to on these forums when an accident is involved. Just sayin'...
doesn't matter what you post on this or any other forum..
- in 47 of 50 states most of the data recorded by your car is not protected from LE (warrant not req'd, confirmed by SCOTUS) or Ins.
- CA and NY have specific laws protecting you and GA has a State Supreme Court ruling to protect you but no actual law.
- the only protected data is that recorded by your cell phone but any cell data shared from your phone to the car... free game also.
- https://www.govtech.com/public-safety/questions-arise-over-police-searches-of-car-data-systems

so, the Ins company will just have the claims adjuster (appraiser, examiner, investigator) plug into his BB and download all of the data.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but i did look at a Holiday Inn on Hotels.com last night while i was planning a trip.

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I agree. I have seen S550s totaled for less. I suspect the right front will turn out to be tweaked, and that will be that.
you still have to take into account this is a GT350 and not your average S550 (not being a snob)..

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
doesn't matter what you post on this or any other forum..
- in 47 of 50 states most of the data recorded by your car is not protected from LE (warrant not req'd, confirmed by SCOTUS) or Ins.
- CA and NY have specific laws protecting you and GA has a State Supreme Court ruling to protect you but no actual law.
- the only protected data is that recorded by your cell phone but any cell data shared from your phone to the car... free game also.
- https://www.govtech.com/public-safety/questions-arise-over-police-searches-of-car-data-systems

so, the Ins company will just have the claims adjuster (appraiser, examiner, investigator) plug into his BB and download all of the data.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but i did look at a Holiday Inn on Hotels.com last night while i was planning a trip.
do you know when the boxes started getting put into cars (the ones smart enough to rat you out in crashes etc)? is that relatively new technology.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Wast the port damaged in the accident? :p

OP
OP

maxima8295

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The preliminary estimate is 28k. My insurance has asked the body shop to start doing a partial teardown to look for more damage. I spoke with the adjuster today and he valued the car at 73k and said that once the tear down is complete we will access the possibility of declaring it a total loss.

I spoke with my agent and he said that if the damage (28k) climbs to say 35k or so and I agree to a value of say 63k, the adjuster might be willing to negotiate and just total it.

Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
The preliminary estimate is 28k. My insurance has asked the body shop to start doing a partial teardown to look for more damage. I spoke with the adjuster today and he valued the car at 73k and said that once the tear down is complete we will access the possibility of declaring it a total loss.

I spoke with my agent and he said that if the damage (28k) climbs to say 35k or so and I agree to a value of say 63k, the adjuster might be willing to negotiate and just total it.
interestingā€¦ hopefully, the 63 is more than you paid. but after that deer meets car ends up on carfax, I highly doubt youā€™d get close to 63 on sale. the thing Iā€™d really like to know is how much itā€™d cost you to buy it back after declared a total. Seems like some $$$ to be made if you had time to part outšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That car would probably bring low to mid 30ā€™s at an auction. If the number of high 20ā€™s stickā€™s for the repair estimate, any rebuilder that does it professionally will repair that car for south of 10k on the high side.

interestingā€¦ hopefully, the 63 is more than you paid. but after that deer meets car ends up on carfax, I highly doubt youā€™d get close to 63 on sale. the thing Iā€™d really like to know is how much itā€™d cost you to buy it back after declared a total. Seems like some $$$ to be made if you had time to part outšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
do you know when the boxes started getting put into cars (the ones smart enough to rat you out in crashes etc)? is that relatively new technology.
below are two good links however, they are both from the accident investigation perspective.
- https://kodsiengineering.com/what-is-a-black-box/
- https://www.claydugas.com/blog/2021/may/the-importance-of-getting-your-vehicle-s-black-b/

the previous link I posted is LE standpoint and how they can investigate/collect evidence from your car and the data transferred to it by your syncā€™d phone. So, LE only needs probable cause to interact with you, your car, and ultimately, that stored data from your phone.šŸ‘®ā€ā™€ļø

so, the lesson of the day is; leave your phone off and use your 55 Studebaker to smuggle your keys and to bury the bodies.:bandit:šŸš“

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Ins co is private party no entitlements to any data.

If you deliver your car to ins recommended body shop you are opting in always best to deliver car to unaffiliated body shop.

I just use my phone for calling a few contacts and never connect to the car.

Thankfully I'm not very important no one will miss me haha.

I have a clean phone with data only for streaming music and order delivery if don't know where the location is LOL.
besides not being a lawyer, I am also not an insurance agent. But, I do like the Geico 'Happier Than a Witch in a Broom Factory' commercial.

i am sure there are insurance experts on here that are more than willing (or maybe notšŸ¤«) to explain how they will get your carā€™s data if they feel you are at some level of fault.

In the meantime, you can read through link below and see what States do/donā€™t offer some level of Ins. Co. protection. To me, seems like Texas #3 falls right into a condition in which someone is getting your data? But then again, what do I knowā€¦

hopefully, the deerā€™s family doesnā€™t sue.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/telec...rivacy-of-data-from-event-data-recorders.aspx

p.s. Iā€™m also not about to read all that fine print in my policy either.
Sponsored