Sponsored

Got hit

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
So my son and I take the car out to run an errand. Parked away from any other cars and was in and out of the store in 15 minutes. Come back to the car and my son sees from afar that the driver side from quarter panel is dented. No note left .....who the heck does that! Will get her fixed and now will not take the car out anymore to run errands and leave it unattended.
Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
This is one of my greatest fears... I am so sorry to hear about this.

OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Thanks for your thoughts and have been devious about this. Won't chance it in the future.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
My wife and I went out on a "date" Saturday evening and I was extremely careful where we parked. One of the places we considered for dinner has Valet parking only. I didn't trust them so we went where I could park and see the car from our seat at the bar! LOL

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
My wife and I went out on a "date" Saturday evening and I was extremely careful where we parked. One of the places we considered for dinner has Valet parking only. I didn't trust them so we went where I could park and see the car from our seat at the bar! LOL
Ha! Sounds just like me, drives my girl friend nuts when I do this. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I think I'll continue to take my truck to the store when I get mine in. It sucks that we can't enjoy our cars anymore because it seems like people target them on purpose with their beaters... The Vette we traded in on the GS about had both mirrors about ripped off on 2 separate occasions parked way out in the back of the lot. My rocker sits above most cars windows so it's really hard for them to door ding me :cheers: And most likely if they hit it they'd just end up under it and mess their car up without even scratching mine...

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
So my son and I take the car out to run an errand. Parked away from any other cars and was in and out of the store in 15 minutes. Come back to the car and my son sees from afar that the driver side from quarter panel is dented. No note left .....who the heck does that! Will get her fixed and now will not take the car out anymore to run errands and leave it unattended.
Just not right...
Clearly done with malicious intent. Some people suck.

Good luck w the repairs and I hope they are to your satisfaction.

Last edited:
OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Thank you all and this is unfortunate. I said to my son when I saw this that we should have taken the jeep. I almost did but wanted to drive the Shelby ....live and learn.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
That's one reason that I have a dash cam and keep it running when I park. I went to the grocery store one morning and parked next to the cart corral, figured I was safe at least on one side. I come out and find a Lincoln Navigator parked 1/2" from my front bumper. No contact was made but I thought someone was screwing with me. I went home and reviewed the video. What it showed was an old woman came flying into the space and stopped where I found the car, that was scary to watch. The camera caught everything, nice shot of her license plate, even the look on her ugly face, you could tell that she was not in a good mood.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am the same way. I rarely park the car and leave it unattended.

People see a car like this and they are jealous and spiteful. People suck.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Its a joke that when a store has video feed they still cant be held accountable because its private property. That law needs changed

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Hopefully whoever did this had a tire blowout and rolled their shit on the way home.

Sorry to hear OP

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I have been lucky, but I live in a very quiet and conservative area. Most folks out here just are not the type to be malicious. Lots of compliments and people taking pictures. I will be more careful in the future though. I have avoided any valet restaurants, and refuse to take it to downtown Columbus if I will be parking.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I do think its BS that when they have video they wont release it to you. The police are busy and don't give 2 shits about a fender bender.
Sponsored