Sponsored

Got hit

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
What a bunch of idiots

Took the car to a budy who owns a body shop. Looking at 1500 to 2000...spoke with the store and they will not release the tape ...am going to contact insurance agent and police to try and get some help with this. Anyone been through this and any advice?
There was a HIT AND RUN. Tell them they will be releasing it soon. The police won't ask please. You should write a not to your local paper and elaborate what a bunch of tools run whatever store it was parked at. Shop somewhere else.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I've had some ass clowns park next to me when I park far away. It happens. I inspect my car, if there is no damage...I spare their lives and their vehicle.

I will continue to park far away from everyone as I take pride in my cars and do whatever I can to avoid door dings.

Sometimes, you'll have a cool car park next to you...

Thats one lucky M4 indeed. :D

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My wife said to me bad karma will occur for who ever did this...hope no one else has to experience this. As soon as you see the damage you get a sick feeling in your stomach and then intense anger.

I feel your pain! I was hit also (hit and run, no license or insurance) and fortunately Karma came back and bit him in the ass hard. He was caught and charged with a class 5 Felony :headbang: and then some. My body shop did an excellent job, looks better than the way it came from factory. Panel gaps and paint look much better.

Hope it all works out for you!

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
Man - sorry to hear. But that is one of my biggest fears. For a long time, I've only actually parked in two places outside of work (where i have an assigned parking space that is curbed on both sides). A BK near my house that has an enormous spot on an edge, and a Panera that has some parking on a circular sidewalk, so the spaces sort of flair out.

Hopefully things work out for you.

I always park on end spots/corner spots with all my vehicles. I learned to park against islands and curbs (behind the car) always (may not be possible for some of your areas)...

I had an issue with my 98 (yellow car) parked on the end of spots but in rows. My car got hit on multiple occasions (never dinged though) so I started doing my logic above.

Since I've been parking against islands/curbs (I religiously do this), I've never got one door ding or had someone hit me. Sometimes this means I'm attempting to park for ~5mins.
This is basically my MO when in parking lots. Regardless of what I drive. Be it my wife's Outback, or my STi (now my 'beater'). Edge spots only (albeit not always curbed). Drives my co-workers crazy when I will only drive to certain restaurants or park miles away.

Of course, a week ago, my wife and I went out to lunch at Uno's. I parked in the back where no one was. This was an edge spot, but no curb. Just a 'painted' island. And we were there pretty early, so it's not like it was crowded anyways.

We get back after our lunch, and some ass-clown of a family parked their minivan in that island. This is the back of the restaurant with about 30 spots. Of those, there were like 3 cars. I almost blew a gasket. Luckily, everything was fine.

I've come to realized that no less than 85% of the population are either idiots or a-holes. No wonder old people are so damn cranky. They've been dealing with these folks for way too long.

OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Sounds like our cars are magnets or where ever you park no matter how far away from anyone ...someone wants to invade your space. Went to another body shop and the fix will hopefully be much less than I thought...hopefully. I think no matter how careful we all are there will be someone out there with little respect and no conscience on what they do or who is in the way. Hope my wife is right on the bad karma premise ..

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sounds like our cars are magnets or where ever you park no matter how far away from anyone ...someone wants to invade your space.
Not really true IMO. The problem comes in when you park in such a way that it's obvious that you think your car is special and better than the other cars in the lot. That irritates almost everyone. Whether or not people have the strength to resist being irritated by you and doing something to your car is another issue. Obviously it's wrong to vandalize someone's car. However I can't say strongly enough that parking far away is egging them on.

OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Perhaps you are correct...the car was parked about three cars away from other cars so not really conspicuous. really does not matter ...if someone wants to do damage they will...and if it was an accident.. it is a shitty thing to run away.
Sponsored