Sponsored

Uuuggggg...Hit a F$#%ING Cat!!!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So yea, have a $1,000 deductible. But get this odd conversation. I called my claims folks and in generic terms (before stating "I want to start a claim"), I asked them if I know the damage is less than the deductible, is there even any reason to file a claim? She flat out refused to answer that question! And not as if she didn't know the answer, but refused to answer. Why would that be?

So my next question, is there a video or "how to" floating around on pulling the front bumper/clip off? Didn't see anything on youtube
Claims affect your rates because they're part of your driving record, even if the insurance company doesn't have to pay out. If it fits within your deductible, or even close, I'd recommend not filing.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Claims affect your rates because they're part of your driving record, even if the insurance company doesn't have to pay out. If it fits within your deductible, or even close, I'd recommend not filing.
This normally falls under the Comprehensive vice Collision part of your insurance. Thatā€™s why I carry $50 deductible on Comprehensive. Claims under Comprehensive do not impact the rates with my insurance company (USAA). Might check yours.
Generally speaking, Comprehensive covers damage not caused by an accident: rocks to windshield, hitting a deer, hitting a big rigā€™s tire carcass, break-ins, etc. All of these are examples for me in recent years. Iā€™m on my third windshield in my Navigator and it only cost me $50 each time.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
So yea, have a $1,000 deductible. But get this odd conversation. I called my claims folks and in generic terms (before stating "I want to start a claim"), I asked them if I know the damage is less than the deductible, is there even any reason to file a claim? She flat out refused to answer that question! And not as if she didn't know the answer, but refused to answer. Why would that be?

So my next question, is there a video or "how to" floating around on pulling the front bumper/clip off? Didn't see anything on youtube
Reason to file: Damage you claim will get subtracted from your deductible (for the 6mo-1yr period you paid only) so if you have another claim soon your deductible is less.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Well, some good news out of all this. Splitter is off and notning is broke or out of whack!! All the tabs, slots, do-dads and everything else on the bumper skin (painted parts) all in good shape. Looks like Iā€™m out the only the two original damaged pieces. Thatā€™s huge.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Calling claims for questions is a terrible idea.

Basically the company tells their employees to not advise in either direction, I think it must be a liability issue. This is where a proper agent is helpful, they will give you advice on which direction to go.

With that said, quote the damage yourself, if it's bad enough, call and submit a claim. Also, make sure you have pics of any hair to blood or anything, or don't clean it up. I've heard horror stories about adjusters not believing people hit animals, then it becomes a collision, and not a comprehensive loss.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
1FA9E249-74DD-4205-BD0C-82B67FDF702A.jpeg
CAC28627-6577-436B-9536-91B77570AEAD.jpeg
757B7EE1-9072-4635-AF3F-EB98EC0F0118.jpeg

So, just a couple pics for anyone that cares. The grill damage is not from removing, but from where it went through. It hit the edge of the air deflector and busted it. That whole assembly comes as one piece.

Removing the front clip wasnā€™t no where near as intimidating as I thought it was going to be (I apologize, but Iā€™m the worst for remembering to take ā€œpics as I goā€). I completely pulled both fender liners. Not a huge job and made the rest of it easier anyways. My clip fitment on the left side around that headlight corner was crap anyways. Thisā€™ll give me the opportunity to address that as well.

All in all not that bad. Just the two busted up plastic pieces. Coulda been much worse hitting anything as low as this thing is. Ordered the parts from the place @oldbmwfan provided. Amazing prices (compared to dealer) and parts shipped out within a day or so.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Great attitude! The car will be just fine with some new parts.
Sponsored