Sponsored

Got hit

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OK, I do get that it would be nice if the retailer would share the video. However, as you stated, parking lot damage is likely about 99/100 in terms of police priority, even if you could make-out a license plate.
Sponsored

OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
My wife said to me bad karma will occur for who ever did this...hope no one else has to experience this. As soon as you see the damage you get a sick feeling in your stomach and then intense anger.

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Bottom line is dont take your car to congested Parking areas such as movie theatres or busy restaurants, I've learned my lesson on that. The only place I'll take mine is to wallmart where I can park in the empty back corner (some reason there still always crappy matte civic parked next to me). Sad truth is most people have little to no respect for other people's property. I know these arnt lambos but most people don't realize that these are expensive machines.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
First of all let me say I'm sorry about what happened to you and it really stinks when people are jerks and don't even leave a note.

I drive my GT350 nearly every day and park in normal parking spots. I have a couple door dings, which hurts - but that is par for the course with any car. I'm not sure whether it's certain areas of the country, or the fact that you park way in the back of the lot that attracts the attention. I do think that parking far away from everyone else is very noticeable, and if you park in the middle of the lot right next to people the car blends in much better. I find that people are very considerate and leave plenty of room around my car when they park next to me.

I would suggest you park like you're driving a normal car, and drive the car more. I think you'll get more enjoyment out of the car that way.

2 cents.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Bottom line is dont take your car to congested Parking areas such as movie theatres or busy restaurants, I've learned my lesson on that. The only place I'll take mine is to wallmart where I can park in the empty back corner (some reason there still always crappy matte civic parked next to me). Sad truth is most people have little to no respect for other people's property. I know these arnt lambos but most people don't realize that these are expensive machines.
Oh they know it's expensive - one of the most common questions I hear even from non car people - is how much did this cost you? Guesses are often in the 80k range - they are always shocked to hear 57k.

Even a cop who pulled me over kept saying "I know you have insurance for an 90,000 dollar car don't worry about it" when I was trying to find my insurance cards - I got a kick out of that.

Sponsored

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
VERY sorry to hear about the damage, that really sucks, people are jerks. There seems to be a prevailing attitude in this country that if someone works hard to have something they want that others who do not can simply take it because they can or damage it because they are unable to have it themselves.

Unfortunately, it has been my experience that deviants like this person or persons will find a nice car regardless of where it is parked. I was once at a car show where a couple of guys were "detained" for throwing balloons filled with paint at various cars in the show. Just shameful.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about your car. Same thing happened to mine a month ago and the absolute anger that comes from it can't be described. Why some dipsh*t thinks it's ok to hit your car and leave makes no sense to me. Hope it gets fixed soon!

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I always park on end spots/corner spots with all my vehicles. I learned to park against islands and curbs (behind the car) always (may not be possible for some of your areas)...

I had an issue with my 98 (yellow car) parked on the end of spots but in rows. My car got hit on multiple occasions (never dinged though) so I started doing my logic above.

Since I've been parking against islands/curbs (I religiously do this), I've never got one door ding or had someone hit me. Sometimes this means I'm attempting to park for ~5mins.

Examples of what I don't do anymore:

What I do:

OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
I would hope this was not done maliciously but you never know. I told my wife I would never take off on someone ...would wait or either leave my information with an apology. It definitely has me more jaded now about leaving the car alone.

OP
OP

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Took the car to a budy who owns a body shop. Looking at 1500 to 2000...spoke with the store and they will not release the tape ...am going to contact insurance agent and police to try and get some help with this. Anyone been through this and any advice?

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I cant help but take the car anywhere I can, unless I know for a fact the car cant safely get in and out of the lot. With that said, I make sure to park far and away from everyone. Even then, sometimes when I come out there will still be a car parked right next to me.

Really is the luck of the draw, and I say a little prayer to baby Jesus every time I park it.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I cant help but take the car anywhere I can, unless I know for a fact the car cant safely get in and out of the lot. With that said, I make sure to park far and away from everyone. Even then, sometimes when I come out there will still be a car parked right next to me.

Really is the luck of the draw, and I say a little prayer to baby Jesus every time I park it.
It really isn't. When you park in BFE and come out to a car right next to yours, it's intentional just to f with you.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
It really isn't. When you park in BFE and come out to a car right next to yours, it's intentional just to f with you.
Them's the breaks. As long as they don't touch the car, it's all good.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I've had some ass clowns park next to me when I park far away. It happens. I inspect my car, if there is no damage...I spare their lives and their vehicle.

I will continue to park far away from everyone as I take pride in my cars and do whatever I can to avoid door dings.

Sometimes, you'll have a cool car park next to you...

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
It happens

Why, who knows.
I could never in a million years damage someone's property and just take off.
It reminds me of a brand new M3 I had. The first week I had it I parked at the local pool (so this was a neighbor). I came out to leave and my rear bumper was completely torn off on one side. It was actually sitting on the ground. Just incredible. Who does crap like that?
Sponsored