Hit by a deer :(

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Were you able to keep it off the Carfax?

BTW, It does look outstanding.

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Sorry my fellow PTC Bubble brother. I live in Lake Windsong in Tyrone just on the edge of PTC and this is a fear of mine. There is a berm just as you leave my neighborhood where I always see deer congregating to eat the bushes. Plus a heavily wooded road to get into my subdivision.

Haven't seen your ride around town yet. I met a fellow with a white with blue stripes. I have a yellow with black stripes.

Good luck with the repair.
Hey, I'm pretty sure it was you I saw driving down 74S yesterday just before 54 in PTC. We were in our SUV going the opposite direction. Too bad I wasn't driving the Shelby as I have not seen another one yet while driving mine.

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Hey, I'm pretty sure it was you I saw driving down 74S yesterday just before 54 in PTC. We were in our SUV going the opposite direction. Too bad I wasn't driving the Shelby as I have not seen another one yet while driving mine.
If you see me, flag me down...another member here has a white one...I've recently seen a grabber blue no stripe too.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Nope. But I am submitting a claim for diminished value.
Wait. You got the deer's insurance info? I didn't think insurance companies offered diminished value coverage on cars owned by the insured. If yours does, am interested in what insurance company/policy you have.

Owltown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT PP1,
I have an interesting insight (or not). I live in the mountains. I too have hit deer, but so far not with my mustang . Not sure if what I am doing works (of just good luck) but here goes.. When I drive the mustang (with active exhaust 5.0 GT 2019) at night, I always put the muffler on track mode. When in my other care I normally see deer every time I drive at night. But with the mustang in manual mode (10spd auto) (hight RPM, more sound) I actually have never even seen a deer at night.. Is it luck or is there some reality in this.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks... I’ve had 2 deer run out in front of me in the R. Luckily the brakes are very good on the car.

merit: just realized the op posted this in 2017.... geez

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Wait. You got the deer's insurance info? I didn't think insurance companies offered diminished value coverage on cars owned by the insured. If yours does, am interested in what insurance company/policy you have.
I asked an insurance guy....
Apparently you can request diminished value in a situation like this from your own company but it would be under Comprehensive not Collision because it's a single car accident. They can refuse...
Sponsored