Sponsored

Hit by a deer :(

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Driving to work this morning, not even a block from home, a small deer runs right into the side of my car at full speed. I was doing maybe 15mph and there was nothing that could be done on my part to avoid it. My last car I managed to keep nearly perfect for over 10 years. Now the Shelby needs some minor body work at 2.5 months and 1,100 miles. :tsk: I guess I'm glad all the damage was isolated to the door. I'll have to inspect better once the sun comes up though.
Deer1.jpg
Deer2.jpg
Deer3.jpg
Deer4.jpg
Sponsored

blownstang01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt350, Lightning Blue
That sucks. Isn't that Red a Tri-coat ? Hopefully they don't have to paint the whole side to get a decent match.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Talk to some paintless dent removal guys before going the bodywork route. The good ones have amazing talent. I have seen worse removed. The door handle area should come out but the bodyline if pushed in would be a problem. Still they may be able to get it removed. Worth a shot.

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
That deer would've been on my wall.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Talk to some paintless dent removal guys before going the bodywork route. The good ones have amazing talent. I have seen worse removed. The door handle area should come out but the bodyline if pushed in would be a problem. Still they may be able to get it removed. Worth a shot.
I found a place about 50 miles north of me.
http://www.dentsdings.com/
Looks like they do great work. I've emailed them some pics to see what they have to say.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
I found a place about 50 miles north of me.
http://www.dentsdings.com/
Looks like they do great work. I've emailed them some pics to see what they have to say.
They appear to be pretty good. I think you have a high probability of getting them 100% removed with PDR after studying your pics. Good luck!

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
I live a few minutes away from this shop, but have not done business with them.
However, judging from photos of the work areas, equipment, before/after photos, reviews and awards...they seem to be very squared away and successful.
I believe they would do a great job for you.

FYI...Performance Auto Collision, further up on Hembree Rd cannot be beat for truly outstanding, top quality body and paint work.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sorry to hear it! It kinda reminds me of one of those farmers TV commercials. Anyway, PDR is probably the way to go. If you get into a big insurance claim, it will wind up in the carfax and may have a diminished value. Cash out of pocket PDR would be my first choice

Tomcatv8/Atlanta..... are you by chance with Delta?

Sponsored
OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Sorry to hear it! It kinda reminds me of one of those farmers TV commercials. Anyway, PDR is probably the way to go. If you get into a big insurance claim, it will wind up in the carfax and may have a diminished value. Cash out of pocket PDR would be my first choice

Tomcatv8/Atlanta..... are you by chance with Delta?
Yeah, I'll do the cash out of pocket thing for sure and the more I look at it, the more confident I am that PDR can get the job done.
Yup, I'm with Delta (25 years this month).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yeah, I'll do the cash out of pocket thing for sure and the more I look at it, the more confident I am that PDR can get the job done.
Yup, I'm with Delta (25 years this month).
Me too. 17 Yrs. Tell me you don't leave that 350 in the employee lot....

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Me too. 17 Yrs. Tell me you don't leave that 350 in the employee lot....
I do, every day. I did find a spot that works out quite well though. I arrive at 7am, which is before most of the other workers in the building arrive, so it has been open everyday since delivery day. It's a parallel parking spot at the end, then a couple of work friends (WRX or Mustang GT) park in front of me.
RED.jpg

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Update. The PDR place just called me back with some not so good news. The location of the dents along the door body line is a major issue. There is a large reinforcing beam just on the other side of that which protects from side impacts, which would prevent PDR on that area. He also stated that around the door handle area is a large plate which would also prevent getting into that area. He works with dealerships alot and has experience on 2015+ Mustangs. He even recommended against regular body work and have the door reskinned instead. Back to feeling bummed.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Sounds like he knows what the deal is.
Check in with Todd Brandon at Performance Auto Collision about the door reskin option.
770-752-0099
Their motto: "A quality repair is invisible"
Best of luck.
Sponsored