Sponsored

GT350R Weight

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ford has said the GT350R is more than 130 pounds lighter than the GT350 track pack model so we are at least looking at a 3780 pound GT350 with track pack.
Ouch.. my Base GT Automatic stock weighed 3715lbs with the 18" wheels, and half tank of gas.
Sponsored

Johnb-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volvo XC90 GT350
Has it been said which R model weighs 3650 lbs, the stripper or the one with electronics package ? I know the black car has the electronics package, not sure on the white car.

Last edited:

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Has it been said which R model weighs 3650 lbs, the stripper or the one with electronics package ? I know the black car has the electronics package, not sure on the white car.
The way I understand it was the base 350R w/o electronics and A/C.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
They said the crank was lighter than the coyote crank I believe, the block was not very different, heads are new castings that are lighter, and the oil pan is composite material. So I don't know where you get that it's heavier than the Coyote.
Thats even worse :doh: Thanks for the info.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Yes I do, and still some fuzzy math. The R is 130lbs lighter than the regular gt350 with a whole slew of changes, yet he thinks seats and wheels alone with drop a GTPP 160lbs. So that's my point, if he can shave 160lbs off a GTPP, anyone can do the same with a base Gt350. So his sub 3600 car with a full tank is slightly skeptical, especially when those single Piece rotors are almost 40lbs each.

Either way, nothing official yet and reposted by an author who still thinks the car has ceramic brakes. Also no mention of the 3650 was with or without the electronics package. I'll wait and see what the car is in scales
Our PP cars with a full tank were 3730lbs - 3740lbs. We have two that we have scaled. My base auto was 3705lbs, full tank, fwiw.

Corbeau seats save about 100lbs, and HRE wheels with softer tires saves 40+lbs.

Sure, you can spend 50K on a base gt350, and do the same mods I have mentioned. But, why buy the gt350 if that's the case?

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
That is fine, we all have opinions.

My opinion is that a GT PP with Corbeau seats and HRE Wheels weighing 3590lbs (full tank of fuel), with full bolt-on power mods making > 526hp....is right next to a GT350 as long as it has a good suspension system. :cool:
Doubt that. A GT/PP is no doubt a great base car. It has potential when you tweak it, yes... But even with the tweaks you got just that; a tweaked out base GT.

While you've tweaked it out and done ALL the mods, the 350 is still gonna drive away because you will still be stuck shifting gears while the 350 is still in its power-band. Mod that...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Doubt that. A GT/PP is no doubt a great base car. It has potential when you tweak it, yes... But even with the tweaks you got just that; a tweaked out base GT.

While you've tweaked it out and done ALL the mods, the 350 is still gonna drive away because you will still be stuck shifting gears while the 350 is still in its power-band. Mod that...
Definitely the modded GT PP isn't as good for putting in your garage and internet bragging about resale value. On the streets, time will tell.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely the modded GT PP isn't as good for putting in your garage and internet bragging about resale value. On the streets, time will tell.
So you're promoting street racing now!...:eyebulge:

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The GT350 should make 470+whp. Not many bolt-on NA Coyotes capable of that. Let alone the 4200-8200RPM power band. Add all the coolers, ducting, and brakes back into the weight of a GTPP, and it's going to put a dent in those weight savings too.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
reading on other forums, people have some laughable expectations like they expected 3400# Really? Thats 150# lighter than a C7 Z06

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Our PP cars with a full tank were 3730lbs - 3740lbs. We have two that we have scaled. My base auto was 3705lbs, full tank, fwiw.

Corbeau seats save about 100lbs, and HRE wheels with softer tires saves 40+lbs.

Sure, you can spend 50K on a base gt350, and do the same mods I have mentioned. But, why buy the gt350 if that's the case?
Well, most of the published articles say 3760 or so, so if they come a in tad lighter, safe to assume the same can be said about any GT350

Per your own thread, the GT seats are ~50lbs each and the corbeaus 20lbs each.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15864
I would say that is about 60lbs saved, maybe 100 if you throw out the rear seats and floor mats, etc. But again, all things you can also do with the base GT350 . Same goes for the stock wheels. WHy would you do it? Same reason as the GT PP, to save weight.

Most ppl would not buy the base GT350, but instead the track pack car and get nearly the same curb weight as a GTPP, but with larger brakes, wider tires, superior suspension, aero tid bits, a slew of coolers for longevity at the track and 526NA HP all under factory warranty that sounds and revs unlike anything you can buy sans a ferrari. If you look at it in that light, its an absolute bargain

Now if you have no intention of going to the track and don't care for the motor, then yes, the GT PP is the way to go.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape

That's part of my thoughts too, that you just won't get the rpm and on a road course, it matters enough that I still see the GT350 having a clear advantage. :thumbsup:

For a DD, his point is well taken. I would sooner make a toy of a GT than a GT350, which I'd likely just drive as is for the most part, showing off what is. :D

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
A base GT PP with light seats, light wheels/tires, and good aftermarket suspension and a good bolt-on power package is where it's at. Just as light, more power, and not as costly.

I like the GT350 - but for the handling enthusiast, I am not seeing the value in it thus far, unfortunately.

I am going to guess the suspension and brake components on the GT350 weigh substantially more.
What part of the the suspension do you think is heavier than a regular GT? It has aluminum knuckles compared to steel on GT, and a recast rear lower arm, and some bushing use uniball instead, but where is the added weight?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's part of my thoughts too, that you just won't get the rpm and on a road course, it matters enough that I still see the GT350 having a clear advantage. :thumbsup:

For a DD, his point is well taken. I would sooner make a toy of a GT than a GT350, which I'd likely just drive as is for the most part, showing off what is. :D
I'm very sure that a pimped-up GT/PP or a GT350 would both make for good DD's. However, would I rather have a modded-up Mustang as a DD vs a factory racer with the same creature comforts... No.

And I don't think he was intending on his statement of "on the streets" as implying the GT/PP would be a better DD... surely you're not that naive...:cheers:
Sponsored