03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Doubt that. A GT/PP is no doubt a great base car. It has potential when you tweak it, yes... But even with the tweaks you got just that; a tweaked out base GT.

While you've tweaked it out and done ALL the mods, the 350 is still gonna drive away because you will still be stuck shifting gears while the 350 is still in its power-band. Mod that...
Do you feel like you have to have security in that you purchased a GT350? You seem to be taking offense to these discussions about a modded GTPP running against a GT350? Why? Who cares. You wanted a GT350, enjoy it. Others went a GTPP and are doing their mods to get the car to perform how they like it.

You realize thousands and thousands of people run the stock 5.0 up to 7500 RPM with no issues? That negates part of the 8200 RPM advantage.

This arguing shit is hilarious. The GT350 is a freaking glorious car, the best overall Mustang EVER built in my eyes.. If I could of waited to get my new, loaded GTPP and the 7k I have dumped in suspension mods, wheels and tires, I would have a GT350 with tech package on order right now. However I had to extend the lease of my other car by 6months since it took 7 months to get my '15GTPP.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
dear lord...we are going to have all these f'ing weight discussions again now that the GT350 weights have been released or somewhat released.

PLEASE GOD, NO!!!!!! The weight increase on the GT has not hurt its performance. Look at what the GTPP can do on the road courses. Besting the Boss by over 2 seconds and destroying the S197 non Boss track packs.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
I'm very sure that a pimped-up GT/PP or a GT350 would both make for good DD's. However, would I rather have a modded-up Mustang as a DD vs a factory racer with the same creature comforts... No.
I totally agree with this.

And I don't think he was intending on his statement of "on the streets" as implying the GT/PP would be a better DD... surely you're not that naive...:cheers:
I didn't mean to imply which he thought would be better to DD, but that I'd surely prefer the GT and, w/o PP for me, but with an automatic. That said, there is a reason the GT in any form would be a better DD and that reason is, cost of operation. :headbonk:

That said, I wouldn't actually DD any GT350 because I'd like it to have some serious long term value and the more it's driven, the less it's worth. I'd drive one regularly, but not daily. :eek:

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Someone is eating crow tonight.
I wouldn't say so... I specifically warned that some of the "R" lightweighting could have been adopted across the board. I warned that we may not see the 130lbs did I not? I wouldn't think the low MSRP would had indicated that but, it appears we just might see that happen.

I'd say you should more than likely prepare to eat crow. You will not see a 3700lbs 2016 Camaro, you likely won't see a 3800lbs car either...

See how easy a 130lbs loss goes to a 55lbs loss? Crash testing, budget and marketing...

Pay attention, the same exact thing is about to hit the Camaro too....

I still think the shipping weights will hold up. The Base, TP and R should be within 30lbs of each other, the TP being the heaviest at around 3680lbs based on a 3650lbs curb weight.

If I was hoping for a 3700-3800lbs Camaro, this would bother me...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
They say the base weighs 3760lbs and the R lost 110lbs from that.

Your not getting a 3800lbs Camaro SS...

Be happy if they can keep it under 3850lbs...

:lol:

This is reality, no more tricks... even sparing use of Carbon Fiber and Aluminum can't offset equipment needs.

The GT500 won't be under 3850lbs for sure...

Nasty99z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 z28 with full bolt-ons and a mwc fab9
They say the base weighs 3760lbs and the R lost 110lbs from that.

Your not getting a 3800lbs Camaro SS...

Be happy if they can keep it under 3850lbs...

:lol:

This is reality, no more tricks... even sparing use of Carbon Fiber and Aluminum can't offset equipment needs.

The GT500 won't be under 3850lbs for sure...
I though when discussing the brakes size you said it was a possibility of a 3700lbs? Now your saying for a fact that the next Camaro will not be under 3800lbs as an SS model? I do like though how you quickly step away from the mustang weight problems/lies by throwing jabs at the camaro. Save that for the mile long thread that already exist.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Do you feel like you have to have security in that you purchased a GT350? You seem to be taking offense to these discussions about a modded GTPP running against a GT350? Why? Who cares. You wanted a GT350, enjoy it. Others went a GTPP and are doing their mods to get the car to perform how they like it.

You realize thousands and thousands of people run the stock 5.0 up to 7500 RPM with no issues? That negates part of the 8200 RPM advantage.

This arguing shit is hilarious. The GT350 is a freaking glorious car, the best overall Mustang EVER built in my eyes.. If I could of waited to get my new, loaded GTPP and the 7k I have dumped in suspension mods, wheels and tires, I would have a GT350 with tech package on order right now. However I had to extend the lease of my other car by 6months since it took 7 months to get my '15GTPP.
Smh... You lost me at: "If I could of waited to get my new, loaded GTPP and the 7k I have dumped in suspension mods, wheels and tires, I would have a GT350 with tech package on order right now."

Now that right there is hilarious. Ain't nobody on here arguing man.:cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I though when discussing the brakes size you said it was a possibility of a 3700lbs? Now your saying for a fact that the next Camaro will not be under 3800lbs as an SS model? I do like though how you quickly step away from the mustang weight problems/lies by throwing jabs at the camaro. Save that for the mile long thread that already exist.
I always said 3780-3820... Its a tall order either way. Today's standards just don't allow weight loss and performance to go hand and hand.

The Camaro used very small rotors to help but, took on 20's, a stack of coolers, a heavier drivetrain and new airbags.

Do you realize the weight of the drivetrain alone is probably 80lbs plus the 20's...

Will the 1SS be lighter than the 3760lbs GT350 or the 3753lbs ATS-V? Man, I just don't see it happening.

As it stands right now, 3780-3820lbs is believable... but we still haven't seen them endure what the Mustang, Corvette and ATS has yet... Pilot Production...

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The weight of the Camaro doesn't matter dude, it is fugly.

You should give up on all the weight guessing, it makes no sense because hilljacks are still buying Hellcats and 4,300lbs Dodges. Super mullets are still going to buy their Camaros, so just let let them be.

I don't see the point of your weight ramblings. Not like the Camaro is a M4, or engineered for weekends on the Nurb. The Camaro is just meant to look the part, not play it. That is Chevy marketing...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The weight of the Camaro doesn't matter dude, it is fugly.

You should give up on all the weight guessing, it makes no sense because hilljacks are still buying Hellcats and 4,300lbs Dodges. Super mullets are still going to buy their Camaros, so just let let them be.

I don't see the point of your weight ramblings. Not like the Camaro is a M4, or engineered for weekends on the Nurb. The Camaro is just meant to look the part, not play it. That is Chevy marketing...
That is true, weight doesn't seem to bother anyone.

I'd like to continue to let it bother me. It's a concern, especially down the road. If nobody complained, absolutely no effort would be made. Even with all the effort, weights have basically risen. The Mustang, M3/M4 and Corvette have tried exhaustingly to reduce weight or at least maintain it.

Content, saftey and performance weight are unavoidable.

At this point, there is very little structural savings in the GT350's platform. At the given MSRP, I'm surprised they even beat the GT's weight at all. The Boss 302 Laguna Seca wasn't lighter than a GT...

A Pre-Production prototype lies to you, it's usually bad business to advertise any target weight losses. I'm surprised the 130lbs stuck...

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Slightly off topic, but I find it pretty astonishing that a 6MT M4 is ~3500 lbs given the performance and size of the car.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Slightly off topic, but I find it pretty astonishing that a 6MT M4 is ~3500 lbs given the performance and size of the car.
3550lbs and it uses extensive Aluminum and Carbon Fiber. It's a larger car now too. I believe it uses a full Aluminum front section (A-Piller up) and a Carbon Fiber roof.

In order for our GT350 to be 3550lbs, it would need at least the Aluminum front section and maybe a driver's seat delete. I'm not comfortable with a $59,995 Base GT350. Right now, nothing out performs the GT350 at the MSRP nor is it easy to beat the weight. The GT, ATS-V and GT350 put up the best efforts so far, 3700lbs is hard to do. 3600lbs is near impossible without a huge MSRP change or more content deletes. The stereo and speakers are only worth 30-40lbs and seat deletes are extreme. The wheels can't get any lighter and the brakes can't be downsized. Carbon Fiber sure, for what??? 20lbs maybe? For an $8000 increase? Not gonna get a lighter V8 or TTV6 other than the Voodoo. The TR3165 is just as light as the Getrag... NVH delete saves maybe 20lbs...

There is nothing left but Aluminum structure, Carbon Tiber panels and CF rotors...
Sponsored