Sponsored

Garaged it =(

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Well the snow hits tomorrow in Michigan so the Mustang is now in storage as of this evening. I'm having separation anxiety. Just went for a cruise and out to dinner in the Jeep I picked up for the winter and quickly realized I'm not about that life. I'm going to have to hunt down a wrx, s4, ss trailblazer or something with awd, power and some type of handling bc there's no shot in hell I can last four months in this thing. I've grown so accustomed to whipping around in a Mustang everyday that I didn't stop to think what it would be like not to drive it anymore. I have now. It sucks.
At least you have a Jeep. I have a 4 cyl Accord to drive when the weather is bad. Good car, just not Mustang fast.
Sponsored

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
Hmmm...What is this 'weather is bad car'? I just use the Mustang year round. Assuming it doesn't try to kill me the first winter and I chicken out and buy a winter beater. ;) But alas, I put my snow tires on yesterday, and I should be set for the cold months.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Fastest 4 months of the year coming up for mine. Feel bad for y'all sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm...What is this 'weather is bad car'? I just use the Mustang year round. Assuming it doesn't try to kill me the first winter and I chicken out and buy a winter beater. ;) But alas, I put my snow tires on yesterday, and I should be set for the cold months.
One set of tires for me, but I live in Texas. Even in December there are some short sleeve weather days so it's no big deal. Not worth it to have another set of tires for me.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yep, I'm done here too.

Snowed last night and the roads are now covered with a layer of road salt. Fun car season is over until the first spring rains.

:(

Sponsored

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
Get something which has already depreciated but is still front engine RWD that you don't mind crashing. Then put snow tires on it and have a ton of fun. If you curb it, then scrap it and get another.

OP
OP
essque

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oh there was definitely no control, turning or stopping lol. But that speed going downhill was so visceral. Going to make it a point to go again this winter a few times at least. Good idea about the season pass.

As far as the mustang in the winter, I've done it for the past 8 years. It's doable but far from optimal especially when lowered. All the scraping, snowbanks, debri, salt, gravel, potholes, ice, poor drivers, etc. It gets frustrating subjecting the car you love to all of these things. Just want to keep this one as clean as possible. A side benefit is that it will give me the chance to upgrade the sound system and interior which I've been meaning to do.

Also, I just got my dealership license so I can get a good deal on all types of good stuff at the auctions now :D

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I live in Chicago area! We just got 5 inches of snow and this car handles amazing in snow/wet mode with Blizzacks. Better than my fiance's chevy equniox with all season tires! Its still not too late! Go get your winter tires and have fun! The only problem would be ground clearance after 6 inches!

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
Both of mine been parked since early oct. I had a reason, my son was born in Oct so had to plan early in order to get my cars how I wanted before he came. Glad I did since he was 2 weeks early.
FYI Nov 21 is my one year anniversary of purchasing my 15!
I went down in the garage and wiped the cars down....even though they have been inside for weeks now. Just needed to pay them a visit.

OP
OP
essque

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's cool, I plan to visit often. Sasuketer, how dare you taunt me like that lol. Just got back from driving the jeep in the 4-5 inches of snow we got. Ok, I get it now...

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
That's cool, I plan to visit often. Sasuketer, how dare you taunt me like that lol. Just got back from driving the jeep in the 4-5 inches of snow we got. Ok, I get it now...
Just a little North of you and we have about 6-8 for sure. While I was out yesterday I seen a mustang and a Camaro in this crap, no way!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Bring on the snow, my Mustang will be warm and dry while the Jeep and I go out to play. :thumbsup:

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I am a couple hours north of you. I drove mine on the stock all seasons last winter using my 4x4 truck on bad days. It was no problem but I only live 8 miles from work. Most of the time the roads are pretty clear around here so no big deal.

I suggest you drive it and watch the weather forecast and drive your winter beater on the bad days. That is what I am doing again this year. I believe they predict an el nino or mild winter anyway.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
My Mustang is warm and dry in the garage. Now bring on the snow, my Polaris 800 Pro RMK is ready to hit the mountains. Snowmobiling in the Utah back country is incredible!

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Sunny and 80 degrees here today, you live in the wrong state.
Sponsored