Sponsored

Is it really worth it ...

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
I've had 4 mustangs (Fox, SN95, S197, and now the S550). I can be a garage hoarder :-) but I have never wanted to put the stock stuff back on. I gave away my stock cat back/exhaust months and months after I put the MBRP on. Hated that thing taking up garage space. I now have my stock sway bars and springs sitting around... (need to go too)

So I'm with you and say get rid of it. I have never done the "return to stock to sell thing". By the time I got there, I had moved on LOL. For good or bad- I know it can be worth it for some.

Shoot- well that wasn't very helpful. Sorry. Ha ha ha ha.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I at least keep the stock exhaust so in case I trade the car I can swap it back easy and sell the cat back. Did that for my Camaro.

Last edited:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Keep the manifolds and ditch the catback. Mine is propped against the house, annoying me. I'm not going back to stock in 5-10 years to get 100 bucks out of an mbrp catback. Are you?

Keep the manifolds for possible future noise reduction.

15DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush stage 3
I keep all my stock stuff. I had a 15 GTPP. I had headers and catback on it and a steeda intake. One day at work someone traded in a 2016 Roush stage 3. I traded my GT in on it and took all my aftermarket parts off. You never know what may come along so I say keep everything. I had no intention of ever selling the GT

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Im going to be replacing my OEM headers and exhaust some time next week and was wondering if it was worth keeping the mufflers and/or resonator or any other parts to sell. I have 1836 miles on my car. I am never going back to stock
Suppose you do your headers & exhaust mod and after driving around for a while you find that you're not as happy with it as you thought you'd be. Easiest fix then would be to fit as much of your OE system up to the headers while you take more time deciding what exhaust you might want to try next. Or if at that point whether you even want to go down that road again.

Norm

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
My thoughts are you're stating you'll "never go back to stock".

"Never" is word that can lead to trouble.
In my experience, keeping everything that you might, maybe, one day, possibly have use for them can also lead to trouble.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
In my experience, keeping everything that you might, maybe, one day, possibly have use for them can also lead to trouble.
Explain.

With reasons other than running out of room at your current home, having to move to a new one, or it's stuff that has a finite shelf life.

Norm

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I never de-mod my cars. i always end up selling/trading in fully modded. Probably financially incredibly dumb but too lazy to go back to stock. lol
Agreed, I have 1k miles on my car with my mods, all I kept to sell were the Rims lol:cheers:
Sponsored