Sponsored

Love it or hate it?

How are you feeling about the new overall design?

• I Love it. Want to own.

Votes: 97 79.5%
  • Can't decide, but leaning positive.

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • Can't decide, but leaning negative.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I hate it. Won't even consider buying.

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Will purchase. Biggest criticism is the paint matched rear diffuser. It really just doesn't look good.

As long as the car doesn't get any heavier I will be fine. Weight loss is a bonus. Just don't gain weight...

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
The DNA is in there, but it's watered down further than enthusiasts like us would like. They had some exciting GR-1 influenced sketches, but ended up playing it safer.
I get the feeling it was watered down so enthusiasts wouldn't freak out... If it had come out looking more modern than an Evos, or super car-ish, Mustang fans would have flipped their lids even more so than we're seeing now. I think they tried to reel the designs back in to maintain some Mustang "muscle" look... I feel like what actually held the car back was the Mustang community. And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Passionate, dedicated fans are something every car company dreams of.

All in my humble opinion, of course :) I love the new car.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The DNA is in there, but it's watered down further than enthusiasts like us would like. They had some exciting GR-1 influenced sketches, but ended up playing it safer.
Clues to the '17MY refresh ;)

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I love it! It's dangerous to fall in love with those sketches. They were never meant to be production worthy. But they are sexy!

Sponsored

hatchttu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 mustang
I really like it except the angle of the rear decklid panel and the GT in the middle (easy fix). I am also not a big fan of the blinkers above the fog lights. I just bought a 2014 GT last weekend as I plan to wait for the 2018ish refresh. The new interior is KILLER though! I love that!

I do prefer the 13-14 taillights so far though. Maybe that will change when I see them on the road.

Overall it's a great design and I am excited to see them on the roads! Maybe I will get enough raises between now and '18 to buy an SE model!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I love it, from every angle... My wife will be getting her V6 or Eco4 first. I am holding off for '16-'18 for mine. Still doing work on the '11...

Try to understand folks, Ford routinely gets more aggressive as the Generation progresses. 7th person inquired about the new car at local dealership today... More info coming (10-15 days).

I would LOVE to get a Pre-Order sheet for my Wife for Christmas...

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Love, Lust, Desire, Want, Gimme!

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I, too, was very apprehensive on what would be delivered, but now that it is here, I'm liking what I see. Are there things I would have wanted different, sure, but all in all I feel the car is going to be a car that Ford will sell a lot of.

Ultimately, it is up to us, the owner/enthusiast to make the car our own. I expect a very large aftermarket for this car, so if what you get direct from the factory is not you cup of tea, you can always make your own changes that can get it to where you want it to be.

I always laugh when people say things like, "I hate that hood" or "those wheels are ugly." That's like looking to buy a house and not buying it because of the paint color on the walls. Those things can always be changed. As long as the car has a solid foundation to build on, the sky is the limit.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Too big and heavy - was hoping the downsizing rumours were true. The fact that Ford won't release the weight makes it obvious that they failed to cut the fat. Even the new version of the Vette which unlike the new Stang made extensive use of lightweight materials wound up being heavier - it's inevitable if you "feature bloat" without downsizing.

Expecting it to lose significant weight in every variant was wishful thinking to begin with in my opinion. My guess is the EB4 will be the "light" model out of the three.

The new Vette was heavier because they added features and improvements, which it was sorely lacking. The Vette was trashed year in and year out for a poor interior with cheap materials, few creature comforts, rattles, and poor isolation. People were rightly finding this unacceptable on a 50-60K vehicle. So Chevy vastly upgraded the materials and offset the weight gain from the new features with lightweight materials.

The result was a car that performs better than its predecessor in nearly every way and also has a modern, upscale interior all while keeping the price close to the same as the outgoing model.

I guess the point is that there are tradeoffs. People want light but also want a nice interior full of features. People want light but want a big V8 under the hood. And being light costs more money.

This car will perform fine.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I like it a lot. Not quite to the love-it-gotta-have-it point yet mostly because I haven't had time to digest what's been released. But closer to that choice than simply leaning positive.

Norm

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Expecting it to lose significant weight in every variant was wishful thinking to begin with in my opinion. My guess is the EB4 will be the "light" model out of the three.

The new Vette was heavier because they added features and improvements, which it was sorely lacking. The Vette was trashed year in and year out for a poor interior with cheap materials, few creature comforts, rattles, and poor isolation. People were rightly finding this unacceptable on a 50-60K vehicle. So Chevy vastly upgraded the materials and offset the weight gain from the new features with lightweight materials.

The result was a car that performs better than its predecessor in nearly every way and also has a modern, upscale interior all while keeping the price close to the same as the outgoing model.

I guess the point is that there are tradeoffs. People want light but also want a nice interior full of features. People want light but want a big V8 under the hood. And being light costs more money.

This car will perform fine.
yep. And if a Ford would have "significantly" cut weight, people would then complain about the MSRP increase that would have come with the car by doing so.