Sponsored

Love it or hate it?

How are you feeling about the new overall design?

• I Love it. Want to own.

Votes: 97 79.5%
  • Can't decide, but leaning positive.

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • Can't decide, but leaning negative.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I hate it. Won't even consider buying.

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Love it! It's what I wanted them to do and they did it just right. The side and rear profiles are the best parts, with the front end likely looking better without those amber turn signals (like EU models). I am always overwhelmed by such redesigns and very neutral/positive, so I can't really give a thorough comment on it yet.
Sponsored

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
better than i was initially thinking... especially the GT model. I'm in now I think!! Go Ford Go! Car looks sleek and less clunky and tons of improvements like IRS. I think side profile is best especially with the dreaded pillar gone. Its one of the reasons I bought a gently used Convertible vs the Coupe in 2010

MYs197

I seriously can't imagine it getting any better...
This. It took me a little bit a few years ago when the rumors that the next Mustang was going to be more sleek and maybe a bit more European but since I got used to that idea I think Ford did as good of a job striking the balance of Mustang and sportier than I could have hoped for. They knocked it outta the park IMO.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Love it! When the F 150 is paid off, I can easily see my 07 having a ten year younger 2017 performance stablemate!!!

NRMStand

It's funny the reaction has flipped so much from the first magazine embargo leak. I too am really liking it and it grows on me the more I see it. The 'vert especially is the best looking one Ford has ever made even if I would never consider it.

Sponsored

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
Wow. The positive numbers in this poll are pretty amazing considering that this is a pretty passionate crowd. Breathe a sigh of relief, Ford! :)

KZStang

Ford has to be happy with the reactions so far but I think they expected this. Showing it with no prior concept and no real teasing was a strong show of confidence on their part.

I would venture to say this is the best initial reaction to a new redesign that I have seen through the years.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
It's interesting because this design is actually pretty safe for a new platform. We're an odd bunch I suppose.

Another point, those that gripe about the design don't mention anything that the base GT is probably faster than a 2012 BOSS. And has hundreds of new design features on the S550 platform. But heaven forbid it should have a Fusion grille or an Accord sail panel!!! Gosh, they RUINED the whole car!

:)

Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I was unsure based on renderings and perhaps a little underwhelmed with the official reveal because I'd already been exposed tonight. But like many, I find I an liking it more and more as time passes. Good work Ford, a good blend of heritage and modern and an ideal step toward creating a 911 type legacy.

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
absoF**KINGlutely love it and wish I owned one right now. I'll take the metallic gray.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
It's no secret that I love it, if youu're read some of my posts in other threads here.

No, I wouldn't call it "stunning," but I think it is a very good-looking car. Though it is a bit wider in the back, the S550 nevertheless looks leaner and meaner than the S197 to me in EVERY WAY.

Given what we've been hearing about the engineering that went into this car, it should outperform its predecessor in every way as well. The 2.3 EB adds a new dimension of performance to the stable, and I would wager that it will be the best handling iteration of the 2015 Mustang.

I can't wait to read the first driving impressions of this setup in the automotive press. I expect Ford will hold a media event at a racetrack in the coming months with a base V6, a 2.3 EB and a GT (the latter two with Performance Packages) for the car journos to thrash around the track. They will likely be very impressed.

Finally, the interior. The 550's cabin is a quantum leap over that of the S197. Not in the basic layout or even the electronic goodies, but the quality of the materials used. This has been a big sore point with Mustang critics for a long time, and Ford is at least finally beginning to address those complaints.

So yeah, this car is a home run, maybe even a grand slam. It may not knock the lights out like the hero's final homer in The Natural, but it will score more runs, doing its part to make Ford a winner.

Kingranch

80% love it (including me). I'd say that's a pretty resounding positive :hail::ford:
Sponsored