Garaged it =(

aerodyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP 6MT Magnetic / Redline
We get plenty of snow here in Colorado, but also plenty of warm sunny days. Usually the snow doesn't last more than a day or two at most before it melts and the roads are clear and dry again.

Sure, there is some sand and salt residue left on the roads all winter, but without any liquid to dissolve in and help it stick I don't think it does much damage. Considering that we can still get snow in June, and it usually takes until then for them to clean the roads anyway, you'd have a pretty limited driving season if you insisted on waiting until the roads were perfectly clean!

I have another car for when the roads are wet and messy, but I plan to drive my Mustang as much as I can this winter. If it's 60 degrees out and the roads are clear and dry, why would you want to keep it in the garage?

I bought the car to drive it and enjoy it. When it's old and worn out, I'll buy another one. If you never drive it, it will definitely last longer, but what's the point?
Sponsored

lonerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
EB Premium PP Convertible; Guard w/Saddle
We get plenty of snow here in Colorado, but also plenty of warm sunny days. Usually the snow doesn't last more than a day or two at most before it melts and the roads are clear and dry again.

Sure, there is some sand and salt residue left on the roads all winter, but without any liquid to dissolve in and help it stick I don't think it does much damage. Considering that we can still get snow in June, and it usually takes until then for them to clean the roads anyway, you'd have a pretty limited driving season if you insisted on waiting until the roads were perfectly clean!

I have another car for when the roads are wet and messy, but I plan to drive my Mustang as much as I can this winter. If it's 60 degrees out and the roads are clear and dry, why would you want to keep it in the garage?

I bought the car to drive it and enjoy it. When it's old and worn out, I'll buy another one. If you never drive it, it will definitely last longer, but what's the point?
Same here. We're just a bit above 7000' in Colorado and yesterday got snow with 5' drifts. Won't drive anything today until I clear the driveway but I'm with you 100%! :cheers::headbang::clap2:

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I forgot to mention that when you sell your car here in Ontario if your ad says never winter driven you got a good chance of getting the money you want. When I sold my 01 Bullitt the guy that did buy it could not believe how factory fresh the car was underside and underhood after 13 years. He didn't even know what a Bullitt Mustang was but he paid the price I was asking for, no dickering. Again I am not afraid to drive in the winter, I've been doing it for 35 years I just park my "toy cars" in the winter because I was taught to take car of my toys when I was a little lad.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I forgot to mention that when you sell your car here in Ontario if your ad says never winter driven you got a good chance of getting the money you want. When I sold my 01 Bullitt the guy that did buy it could not believe how factory fresh the car was underside and underhood after 13 years. He didn't even know what a Bullitt Mustang was but he paid the price I was asking for, no dickering. Again I am not afraid to drive in the winter, I've been doing it for 35 years I just park my "toy cars" in the winter because I was taught to take car of my toys when I was a little lad.
That's how i feel as well. This is my 6th Mustang and i've never winter driven any of them.
Snow , ice , cold is part of our reality here and we deal with it each our own way.
I've got a small van and a big SUV to get me where i need to go in the winter, and that's fine by me.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I take mine out if the roads are clear and dry. Don't mind colder weather I mean it's a car. I hate washing in cold weather so that's why I try to keep her clean. 1000 miles on her a little dusty that's all.
Sponsored