Sponsored

Is it really worth it ...

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Im going to be replacing my OEM headers and exhaust some time next week and was wondering if it was worth keeping the mufflers and/or resonator or any other parts to sell. I have 1836 miles on my car. I am never going back to stock and I just didnt want them hanging around my garage. I have little space as it is. I would be willing to sell any parts at a fair price. Just ask me. I dont want to drag anything back with me that I really dont have to. Your thoughts?
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
As a person who has put about 20k into one of my previous mustangs and put in a position to sell, I would say that unless u can afford to not care always keep your stock parts. U never know what could happen and when u might need to go back to stock. Just my opinion

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My thoughts are you're stating you'll "never go back to stock".

"Never" is word that can lead to trouble.

OP
OP
Speedwagon

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
As a person who has put about 20k into one of my previous mustangs and put in a position to sell, I would say that unless u can afford to not care always keep your stock parts. U never know what could happen and when u might need to go back to stock. Just my opinion
I just dont have the room.. I guess I could shove them up into a crawl space till I could sell them. It would be a b**ch to get them up and down but I guess it could be done. Thanks for your prospective.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Yes keep them. It's cheaper to just store them somewhere then taking the chance of you changing something up later and having to wait for a set to pop up which you will have to pay/trade for stock parts.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I just dont have the room.. I guess I could shove them up into a crawl space till I could sell them. It would be a b**ch to get them up and down but I guess it could be done. Thanks for your prospective.

Yeah, keep them. I still have original S197 parts in the rafters of my garage. I'm banking on the "stock look" being the in-thing when the S197 hits 50 years old :D

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had to rebuy back a stock resonator that I threw out because I would "never" need it. :doh:

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
I never de-mod my cars. i always end up selling/trading in fully modded. Probably financially incredibly dumb but too lazy to go back to stock. lol

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
IF you have the space, keep them. When we are talking about exhausts, stock exhausts seems to be pretty easy to come by on the forums though so I trashed mine. I also have other Mustang friends that I know have them around as well.

I have a shed full of all my other stock crap though. I hate that it's taking up so much space but you NEVER know what the future might hold. As an example I bought a gt350 intake manifold when I was NA and one of the rubber diaphragms for the IMRCs was broken. I was able to swap one off the stock manifold. That all happened at the same time of course but if it happened later I would have been OK.

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Headers arent even than big. I would keep them.
I have pypes and uninstalling them will cost more than what i can get if i sell them used :(

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had to rebuy back a stock resonator that I threw out because I would "never" need it. :doh:
If you don't mind my asking, why did you need it? I ask because I discarded mine. I haven't kept any of the original parts as I'd rather not store them.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I never de-mod my cars. i always end up selling/trading in fully modded. Probably financially incredibly dumb but too lazy to go back to stock. lol
Some places will not accept cars with mods that won't allow it to pass inspections. I got lucky on my last trade in. My WRX had full bolt ons plus direct port meth injection. Originally the dealer was going to let me take it home after I purchased the Mustang and take the stuff off and put my stock parts back on but luckily the next day they already had a friend of a tech who wanted to buy it as is. So I just got them to cut me a check for the cost of some of the mods.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I sold my stock resonator...still have the stock mufflers. I've seen many posts offering the stock GT mufflers for free.

I'd only keep the resonator...just in case you decide to use it, or you want to sell it.

ie....a lot of people install the Roush axle back with an X or H-pipe, but then decide to dial it down a notch with the stock resonator.
Sponsored