Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Tried out drag mode today in dry weather and man am i disappointed.When I say it feels like its on the rain/snow setting that's an understatement.

When I'm in track and switch to drag mode (while driving) it literally slow downs engine rpm/pedal feel rather then waking up. When it's the other way around from drag to track you can feel the engine wake up.All the other modes S,S+ and track all feel great but drag idk what is up with.

I'll have to try some 0 to 60 and 0-100 accelerometer pulls and see if what I'm feeling is in fact accurate.

Anyone else is experiencing something like this? Or chime in on what difference drag mode settings drag mode has that would make it feel as such.
Not my experience at all but we have different cars. I am willing to bet the dealer that did your install did not do the KAM reset. This is something you can do with the Procal device plugged into the car.
Sponsored

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Not my experience at all but we have different cars. I am willing to bet the dealer that did your install did not do the KAM reset. This is something you can do with the Procal device plugged into the car.
Wow, Is that something that they should have done? You may be right. Straightforward to do with the procal?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Wow, Is that something that they should have done? You may be right. Straightforward to do with the procal?
It's under "Service Functions" just plug in the Procal to the ODB port. You can also check for DTC codes while you're at it.
Instructions you can download: Procal 4 Instructions

notwild_2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
So I have read literally every single page in this thread. I’m still on the fence, especially having a 10-speed car. Would you say this package is worth it? I have a base model without drive modes. Hoping for increased throttle response and noticeable torque increase down low. What’s the general consensus?

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
So I have read literally every single page in this thread. I’m still on the fence, especially having a 10-speed car. Would you say this package is worth it? I have a base model without drive modes. Hoping for increased throttle response and noticeable torque increase down low. What’s the general consensus?
Feels like a totally different car at the low RPM range to me. Much more oomph!

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If a custom tune for e85 and other mods is out, then this kit will benefit a non drive mode car more than one equipped with drive modes.

notwild_2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
If a custom tune for e85 and other mods is out, then this kit will benefit a non drive mode car more than one equipped with drive modes.
Down the line, I want it tuned for E85 by AEM in Chandler. But for the time being I’m more interested in the Ford Performance kit. Not trying to impress anyone and I don’t currently race my car. Just hoping for improved drivability.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I think the ford kit is a good bang for the buck for most folks.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I think the ford kit is a good bang for the buck for most folks.
I would disagree on bang for the buck as it costs more for less power than other options. But, it is a good option for someone not wanting to do any other mods requiring tune revisions and that wants a similar warranty to factory (assuming the kit is purchased very soon after car is purchased to maximize warranty).

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Down the line, I want it tuned for E85 by AEM in Chandler. But for the time being I’m more interested in the Ford Performance kit. Not trying to impress anyone and I don’t currently race my car. Just hoping for improved drivability.
If you are in the Phx area keep in mind the steep increase in iats you will see with the open intake compared to stock during our hotter months.

Sponsored

notwild_2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
If you are in the Phx area keep in mind the steep increase in iats you will see with the open intake compared to stock during our hotter months.
Yep. Already have a Roush CAI. Simply for aesthetic reasons. Even with the closed box, IATs soar if I’m sitting for more than 30 seconds.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly unless your going cams and stupid rpm or FI, aftermarket tune required CAI aren't worth it. Even on tune required CAI aren't worth it. As a simple drop in high flow filter is the 15-21 stock air box will equal or beat them. 4 YEARS LATER and I'm starting to realize that haha.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Honestly unless your going cams and stupid rpm or FI, aftermarket tune required CAI aren't worth it. Even on tune required CAI aren't worth it. As a simple drop in high flow filter is the 15-21 stock air box will equal or beat them. 4 YEARS LATER and I'm starting to realize that haha.
Agreed. High flow filter on stock box. Smooth maf, flows well and keeps iats down.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
In the fall & winter if u run the car, thrn cool it off after each run u MAY see a SLIGHT improvement in ET with a aftermarket CAI but imho we’re talking negligible gains so as others have said, just run the factory 18+ air box and a filter along with a FLEX TUNE

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
In the fall & winter if u run the car, thrn cool it off after each run u MAY see a SLIGHT improvement in ET with a aftermarket CAI but imho we’re talking negligible gains so as others have said, just run the factory 18+ air box and a filter along with a FLEX TUNE

Also prop the hood open between runs
Sponsored