Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Fine for when your putting around. Great for stock stall automatics at the strip. Does nothing for manual guys launching at 3/4k at the strip.
You are correct but on the highway I am mostly in 6th at about 2000 rpm so more torque would be nice. But I don't want the throttle body or "cold air" intake, just the tune.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct but on the highway I am mostly in 6th at about 2000 rpm so more torque would be nice. But I don't want the throttle body or "cold air" intake, just the tune.
Well if you want more torque to lug it up a hill or pass somebody in 6th gear... sorry bud that's not what 6th gear is for. Assuming you have a manual trans with the double overdrive.

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Dealer installed today. First impressions on an A10 car ( was raining ) the shifts have become less "violent" which tbh I'm not liking. Before it hit much harder in Sport plus etc. This shifts do feel quick and less sloppy but definitely hit less harder then before if that makes sense.Before it would bang gears ala shift kit car. Low end throttle response so far I'm very pleased with in the limited spirited driving I could do. No top end wot pulls to comment on. Overall I'm pleased with the kit

I do have (or did ) have a JLT passenger side catch can which I reinstalled. However in the attached images I'm not liking how close to the throttle bottle exposed wires it is. So I have taken it off atm. That can will get very hot and I dont want to cinge the wires. Anyone else running this catch can safely? Any recommendations on alternatives or fixes for the one I have so it doesn't damage the wires?

20211008_151054.jpg

20211008_151039.jpg

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Well if you want more torque to lug it up a hill or pass somebody in 6th gear... sorry bud that's not what 6th gear is for. Assuming you have a manual trans with the double overdrive.
Whaaaat? I thought 6th was a performance gear! ;)

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How much does a dealer charge for install?

Sponsored

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I may have posted my cost earlier in the thread but I think it was around $300 Dealer installed.
my usual dealer quoted me way higher, I found a guy who was a tech at another dealer thru a mustang forum and he set it up with his boss to install it for me.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Dealer installed today. First impressions on an A10 car ( was raining ) the shifts have become less "violent" which tbh I'm not liking. Before it hit much harder in Sport plus etc. This shifts do feel quick and less sloppy but definitely hit less harder then before if that makes sense.Before it would bang gears ala shift kit car. Low end throttle response so far I'm very pleased with in the limited spirited driving I could do. No top end wot pulls to comment on. Overall I'm pleased with the kit

I do have (or did ) have a JLT passenger side catch can which I reinstalled. However in the attached images I'm not liking how close to the throttle bottle exposed wires it is. So I have taken it off atm. That can will get very hot and I dont want to cinge the wires. Anyone else running this catch can safely? Any recommendations on alternatives or fixes for the one I have so it doesn't damage the wires?

20211008_151054.jpg

20211008_151039.jpg
Same catch can. Had it on for about 18 months with the tune. No issues. I should probably add some heat tape or something else but haven’t.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

20211008_151054.jpg

20211008_151039.jpg
Can you swap the inlet and outlet lines? That might allow you to move the can and route the line away from the throttle body connector.

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Can you swap the inlet and outlet lines? That might allow you to move the can and route the line away from the throttle body connector.
Hmmmm,hadn't thought of that I'd have to look and see if it's possible. Thinking that they may be pre bent too much already in the original positions from how they come from JLT. Maybe not though. I'll most likely throw some high heat resistant tape or shielding of some sort around the most exposed areas

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
I'm learning after having this kit that it's not really a performance part. But more of a daily drivability improvement option.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm learning after having this kit that it's not really a performance part. But more of a daily drivability improvement option.
Yeah.. Tune is greatness if you never plan on shifting above 3000 rpm. Haha.

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Tried out drag mode today in dry weather and man am i disappointed.When I say it feels like its on the rain/snow setting that's an understatement.

When I'm in track and switch to drag mode (while driving) it literally slow downs engine rpm/pedal feel rather then waking up. When it's the other way around from drag to track you can feel the engine wake up.All the other modes S,S+ and track all feel great but drag idk what is up with.

I'll have to try some 0 to 60 and 0-100 accelerometer pulls and see if what I'm feeling is in fact accurate.

Anyone else is experiencing something like this? Or chime in on what difference drag mode settings drag mode has that would make it feel as such.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Tried out drag mode today in dry weather and man am i disappointed.When I say it feels like its on the rain/snow setting that's an understatement.

When I'm in track and switch to drag mode (while driving) it literally slow downs engine rpm/pedal feel rather then waking up. When it's the other way around from drag to track you can feel the engine wake up.All the other modes S,S+ and track all feel great but drag idk what is up with.

I'll have to try some 0 to 60 and 0-100 accelerometer pulls and see if what I'm feeling is in fact accurate.

Anyone else is experiencing something like this? Or chime in on what difference drag mode settings drag mode has that would make it feel as such.
Keep in mind drag mode is only effective wot in the stock strategy so if you are doing any part throttle it won't be that great. Nor sure if FP would have changed that at all. The FP kit is more effective for those with base vehicles that didn't have the drive modes to begin with. I can tell you when going custom tuned drag mode is still an absolute beast even with a drive mode vehicle but that's also not a fair comparison.

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Keep in mind drag mode is only effective wot in the stock strategy so if you are doing any part throttle it won't be that great. Nor sure if FP would have changed that at all. The FP kit is more effective for those with base vehicles that didn't have the drive modes to begin with. I can tell you when going custom tuned drag mode is still an absolute beast even with a drive mode vehicle but that's also not a fair comparison.
Ok,well that's good to know on the wot part,I was not aware of that thanks. Guessing that's why part throttle feels sluggish. Don't remember what it did exactly before the tune per say,but I didn't feel any noticeable sluggishness under part throttle.
Sponsored