Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Warranty,:Setting the time of release so that the 2018/2019 will have built up miles and time. If the tune is released this summer the 18s will have 30 months possibility already on warranty, then some might be mileaged out or close.

I'm not saying their tune will be bad, or will cause issues, it's how business is done.
Lawyers make the first call, limit the liability. This is a sue happy world, and with judges in charge I would be very cautious about introducing new products. Then add in our favorite state of California busting tuners........

I think the days of tuned cars are checking into assisted living
Sponsored

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Warranty,:Setting the time of release so that the 2018/2019 will have built up miles and time. If the tune is released this summer the 18s will have 30 months possibility already on warranty, then some might be mileaged out or close.

I'm not saying their tune will be bad, or will cause issues, it's how business is done.
Lawyers make the first call, limit the liability. This is a sue happy world, and with judges in charge I would be very cautious about introducing new products. Then add in our favorite state of California busting tuners........

I think the days of tuned cars are checking into assisted living
You have a good point there!

I was thinking this same thing a few days ago. It hit me when the Youtube threads started blowing up. Imagine the day after the pack is released and someone hears a "tick" after installing it. It will be all over the forums, Youtube, Reddit, and people demanding that the victim file a lawsuit immediately.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the suggested list. Go to levittown vendor post for a nice discount.
Yeah, but it still just seems like it's too little, too late. This tune should've been out 2 years ago and been beefier.

Sponsored

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, all that waiting and BS for a Bullitt factory tune.
They basically made a 1.5 version of the 15-17 Power Pack. Didn't they specifically say that this wasn't going to just be a Bullitt tune? Cause it's literally just a Bullitt tune.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Cause it's literally just a Bullitt tune.
Without dumping the actual tables and comparing each cell you don't know that for certain. But yes I have every reason to think your statement is close enough that the 2 are neigh indistinguishable. How it takes 2 years to release something that should have been available 6 months after the Gen3 was released, or at worst the same MY as the Bullitt just shows why marketing people should be shot when (not if) they interfere with engineering.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Lol, all that waiting and BS for a Bullitt factory tune.
Includes a CAI and bigger throttle body (I think the Bullitt has a 350 manifold, too). But, yeah, it's a Bullitt tune; guess it won't do much for a Bullitt?

Note also:

"Allows gear ratio changes up to 4.09:1"

Which would enable better 0-60 times, if that's your bag.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
AM had a dyno on the 18+ Roush Level 1 and gave only 16 HP / 25 TQ on 93 Octane, so this FP on 19 HP / 18 TQ on 91 Octane seems decent, so 93 could net more if tuned to it? Also Roush came out with a Level 2, but no increased gains, just an axleback thrown in.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For everyone complaining . . . . don't buy it.
Yeah I mean it's easy to say that, but some people waited for these for almost 3 years and now they're just disappointing. It's really more pointing out that it's kind of a letdown for all the waiting.
Sponsored