Sponsored

FL 2087 update (interesting information)

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I'm doing one day HDPE events so far, 6 20 minute sessions in one day. Would that require an oil change, or could I do another day or two before changing it? I don't drive the car much so there won't be many street miles in addition to the driving events. Thanks for any opinions.

BTW, It's not a question of the oil and filters, I have all of that.
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
FT4Z 6840 B. Is what I’m showing.
D3CCD7E1-EF88-473F-9A2D-4DC2BB961A22.jpeg
Thanks for the info. I just picked up two of them from Tasca. You're saying that each bag only comes with one o-ring inside?

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Thanks for the info. I just picked up two of them from Tasca. You're saying that each bag only comes with one o-ring inside?
The bag has two o rings in it but the unit price is for only one ring. I don’t know what they do if you only buy one. Open it up and give you one. Doesn’t make a lot of sense. Either way I purchased four and got two bags of two.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
The bag has two o rings in it but the unit price is for only one ring. I don’t know what they do if you only buy one. Open it up and give you one. Doesn’t make a lot of sense. Either way I purchased four and got two bags of two.
Thanks for the clarification.
I ordered two from Tasca yesterday afternoon and they cancelled my order an hour later.
they claim the part is on national backorder.
anyone have a good link to a vendor that has stock available?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks for the clarification.
I ordered two from Tasca yesterday afternoon and they cancelled my order an hour later.
they claim the part is on national backorder.
anyone have a good link to a vendor that has stock available?
Yea, the guy in the link who has the filters.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I'm doing one day HDPE events so far, 6 20 minute sessions in one day. Would that require an oil change, or could I do another day or two before changing it? I don't drive the car much so there won't be many street miles in addition to the driving events. Thanks for any opinions.

BTW, It's not a question of the oil and filters, I have all of that.
I picked up a rule of thumb from a Ford engineer at the track. He changes his oil and filter every 5 hours of track time. When I do a 2 day event, I accumulate 3-4 hours so there’s not enough time left on the clock to start another weekend. 3 days would push it to almost exactly 5 hours. I really don’t count the transit miles.

User5.2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS3
I just picked up a filter that included the o-rings. I live in northern CO and the dealer found a filter at the Cheyenne dealership where it has probably sat for a while. Seems dealers in truck focused locations may have some stock.

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
This is frustrating. I am going after market. I ordered an oil change kit through a known vender. The filter that came was the 62, not the 87. The 62 didn't even have the black rubber ends on it. BTW, what is the small rubber gasket for? I have watched a few videos on YouTube but they never seem to mention the small gasket. Thanks in advance. Ordered a K&N and Amsoil version. Up in the air on which one I will use.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The small o-ring is not used. The Amsoil filter is top shelf, but I know a lot of people use the K&N.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
About to use up the last one I had (bought 2 a couple of months ago). Hoping they have one on hand when I head to the dealer for warranty work tomorrow.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is frustrating. I am going after market. I ordered an oil change kit through a known vender. The filter that came was the 62, not the 87. The 62 didn't even have the black rubber ends on it. BTW, what is the small rubber gasket for? I have watched a few videos on YouTube but they never seem to mention the small gasket. Thanks in advance. Ordered a K&N and Amsoil version. Up in the air on which one I will use.
Use the link in the other thread. There are filters available. Sheesh

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Capital Ford in San Jose had filters in stock today (dropped by car off for warranty work and hopped over to parts department to ask). I only purchased 1, but I think they have more.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
My local dealer here in MT was able to order 2 for me. It took a couple of weeks but they finally came in.

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Ford dealer called me on Saturday. Said they received the two filters that I ordered from Fordparts and had shipped to them. Then they proceeded to tell me I can't have the two I ordered since someone was needing one for an oil change. Telling and Asking is two totally different things.

They will get a piece of my mind when I pick up the filter.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ford dealer called me on Saturday. Said they received the two filters that I ordered from Fordparts and had shipped to them. Then they proceeded to tell me I can't have the two I ordered since someone was needing one for an oil change. Telling and Asking is two totally different things.

They will get a piece of my mind when I pick up the filter.
I would call Ford. They are your filters.
Sponsored