Sponsored

FL 2087 update (interesting information)

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
By "before times" I meant prior to the start of the filter shortage last autumn.

At $134 it was a good deal. Now it is a bit less so. I can get 10 quarts of Motorcraft from Rockauto for $104.38 with shipping and taxes. So $159 for 10 quarts with the FL-2087 and with free shipping and no tax collected is still alright I guess, given the current situation with oil filter availability.
Agreed. It’s just turning into a joke where a DYI oil change costs you $150 plus on a car.

A synthetic change on a diesel truck at about $100, ok I guess, but a car At $150 plus, come on.

And then, If you track it, you need to change oil out every weekend on top of the cost of brakes, tires, fuel, towing and track fees. Got to love inflation.
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Agreed. It’s just turning into a joke where a DYI oil change costs you $150 plus on a car.

A synthetic change on a diesel truck at about $100, ok I guess, but a car At $150 plus, come on.

And then, If you track it, you need to change oil out every weekend on top of the cost of brakes, tires, fuel, towing and track fees. Got to love inflation.
Yep. Although to be honest a few hundred dollars here or there make no difference in the end. Gotta pay to play as they say, and these are just trivialities mostly. I love a good deal as much as the next guy (just on principle) but those days are over for the time being. Once the next crippling recession/depression hits things will become cheap again.

On the plus side it appears as though the FL-2087 stock issues are slowly resolving.

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Once the next crippling recession/depression hits things will become cheap again.
And I believe it will be a whopper -- underlying weaknesses were never addressed, just patched up and now with additional compounding issues. I predict lots of face palms for those who paid 170k for a HEP GT350. (or those who paid 100k for an old high mileage 911 hiding some rust)

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
And I believe it will be a whopper -- underlying weaknesses were never addressed, just patched up and now with additional compounding issues. I predict lots of face palms for those who paid 170k for a HEP GT350. (or those who paid 100k for an old high mileage 911 hiding some rust)
You underestimate the problem. The Fed and the ECB are simply climbing higher in a burning tree. It's too late to jump and they won't face the flames, so they keep climbing. The only way out of the absolutely titanic amount of debt is to water the currency down to the point that the debt is meaningless. They'll just keep spending their way out of it and everyone will pay, but few will understand they're being robbed. It's a more expedient solution than raising taxes.

We will definitely see a recession soon, but if you think that prices are ever going to appreciably fall for more than a blip, you haven't been paying attention. The next generation will look at billionaires the way we looked at millionaires. It will get so bad our current restrictions on $100 will come into play and they'll either do away with paper currency altogether or be forced to start printing $1000 bills again. The great battle for control of the fiscal system lies in block chain and crypto. The government will make a play for control...they'll scare the sheep with tales of money laundering and criminal activity, and they'll tout safety and security as the reason they have to take over.

Political rant aside, if you ever think you're buying stuff at pre-covid levels it's unlikely to happen at all and even if it does it'll be a momentary pause on the climb higher.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
You underestimate the problem. The Fed and the ECB are simply climbing higher in a burning tree. It's too late to jump and they won't face the flames, so they keep climbing. The only way out of the absolutely titanic amount of debt is to water the currency down to the point that the debt is meaningless. They'll just keep spending their way out of it and everyone will pay, but few will understand they're being robbed. It's a more expedient solution than raising taxes.

We will definitely see a recession soon, but if you think that prices are ever going to appreciably fall for more than a blip, you haven't been paying attention. The next generation will look at billionaires the way we looked at millionaires. It will get so bad our current restrictions on $100 will come into play and they'll either do away with paper currency altogether or be forced to start printing $1000 bills again. The great battle for control of the fiscal system lies in block chain and crypto. The government will make a play for control...they'll scare the sheep with tales of money laundering and criminal activity, and they'll tout safety and security as the reason they have to take over.

Political rant aside, if you ever think you're buying stuff at pre-covid levels it's unlikely to happen at all and even if it does it'll be a momentary pause on the climb higher.
Too true! We are basically in a mess that won't be over for many years. This mess has been happening for 15 months and the seemingly never ending failure of bad decision after bad will keep spiraling out of control. Yes the sheep will always follow, how else could the approval rating be as high as it currently is? Everyone else is dragged along without a good choice. What I hate the most is how they can look right at us and tell bold faced lies. OK, my rant now over.

Sponsored

Jamongkad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
So I ordered 3xFL-2087s through the ford link the other day and my order got canceled. Went to the dealer today to pick up another part and he asked me “did you place an order for oil filters?” He said “I got four in today if you want them.” So I did take two and left two to not be a complete hoarder. Interesting part though is neither contained the gaskets anymore. Purchased 4 of those at $1.05 a piece. So a heads up maybe they may have remedied the FL-2087 crisis but be advised they may no longer contain the gaskets and those may need to be picked up separately. Secondly, I can say with certainty that I will never have to change my oil more than once a year so no one here on this forum should have to pay some exorbitant price for a FL-2087 oil filter. So if anyone finds themselves in a bind let me know. I’m hoarding for the greater good of all. There’s not a lot of Shelby’s here in Yuma, Arizona.
Do you happen to know the part number of the gaskets?

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Picked up 2 filters and case of oil at my local dealer (through Ford Parts online). $28 for the filters with O-rings. $150 for case of 12 quarts. What was price per quart before the insanity?

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
$8.99 per qt from O'Reilly w/free shipping.

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Just got my oil filters, so thanks for the lead.

And is it the conventional wisdom that after every track/HDPE event you should change the oil and filter, regardless of mileage?

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
I ordered an oil change kit from CJ pony parts and the filter has shipped. The oil was on back order so I canceled it, and the filter only billed at $8. I'll let you guys know when that comes in whether everything is correct.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just got my oil filters, so thanks for the lead.

And is it the conventional wisdom that after every track/HDPE event you should change the oil and filter, regardless of mileage?
I do after a 3 day track weekend. After analysis, the oil came back as good, so you could probably go longer. But after any track days, I change it out.
Sponsored