Eco boost VS GT

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Who give a sh_t, EB or GT? Some of us have more in life than just a f'n car.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
it’s a weird stigma I get compliments a lot. Just by everyone except mustangowners. Lol the gt guys generally won’t even look at our cars.
I pulled up beside like 7 gt’s at a car meet in the same parking line.

my gf wasn’t feeling good so she was in car on phone for a few. She heard the guys say “look at this shit ecoboost parking by us” she said one guy did comment, nah dude I like it. Talking about grabber color.

anyway, all of them moved their car like two rows away from my car.

lmao
I'm glad you handled it like a boss, but for plenty of people, those kind of interactions can ruin the experience of owning the car. It really shouldn't be that way, but I just think it's unfortunate you have to just accept that the shit talk will come at some point.
Stigma as practiced on this site (others?) maybe. I see TONS of EB out on the road (some might be V6) and far, far fewer GT. I haven't seen anyone harassed for driving a EB on the road. Now maybe at Car and Coffee events you keep running into V8 snobs...

My Gotta-have-it Green with gold wheels got lots of positive comments from the C&C passersby but I also had the hood down. But I didn't go to the event to get my ego stroked beyond providing a glimpse of an unusual color (sea of black on black, red, blue) and uncommon wheel color.

cover-image.jpg
That is a pretty wild color combo, I dig it. But true, I hardly ever see GT's on the road. But it's the normal people that are the worst about it. Tell people you drive a Mustang, and the first question is "is it a VEE EIGHT?" Even other fun car owners are terrible about it, the EB Mustang gets zero mentions at all in the GTI community that I used to be in, but the GT is a benchmark that everyone talks about all the time. Which is odd, considering the EB competes directly in that class. All my friends who like fun cars also think the EB is just some clown car that has no point. I don't agree with any of that, but just being exposed to it so often is annoying, and I don't even have one!

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Who give a sh_t, EB or GT? Some of us have more in life than just a f'n car.

Technically you can reply to any post on this forum with who gives a shit, but the OP asked a question and looked for some input lol. :party: We all have more in life than just cars but that doesn't mean we eliminate our hobbies just because of life.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
In an alternate universe, where there was never a V8 Mustang, people would be gushing over the turbo. On it's own, it's an awesome car and one of the best performance bargains on the market.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I like all cars, and people generally. meh I cant care if someone likes my car or not, we all poke and tease each other but rarely do I see any actual negativity transpire. my car isn't the fastest, but I enjoy it for what it is. I didn't have 10k to buy a GT, I got a good deal on my EB and made it mine.

I do the same thing to every car / vehicle I own, I make them better, not the best, but better and enjoy them til wheels fall off. I dont want a hobby that makes me broke, so I went for the financial better decision ie EB deal I scored. no one was coming off gt's at all, not a single penny.

DB13D35D-3979-4BCA-8D46-81E537014953.png

Last edited:

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I like all cars, and people generally. meh I cant care if someone likes my car or not, we all poke and tease each other but rarely do I see any actual negativity transpire. my car isn't the fastest, but I enjoy it for what it is. I didn't have 10k to buy a GT, I got a good deal on my EB and made it mine.

I do the same thing to every car / vehicle I own, I make them better, not the best, but better and enjoy them til wheels fall off. I dont want a hobby that makes me broke, so I went for the financial better decision ie EB deal I scored. no one was coming off gt's at all, not a single penny.

DB13D35D-3979-4BCA-8D46-81E537014953.png
Hating on other car makes and mod preferences was the thing to do when I was younger but now I could care less. The american muscle car community can be a little toxic, this is apparent in one of the recent threads where a member traded in their gt for a civic si. People were hating on him like having a certain make or model means you're in a gang that you have to ride or die for lol. I drive a GT but even other GT owners rev at me and give me dirty looks lol. Its a weird culture but for the most part car people are respectful.

Sponsored
OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Er, no. They're not even assembled at the same plant.
They share the same block, heads and most internals. If I'm not mistaken.

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well I am 170k on 13 Scion tC and I’m getting better mpg now than ever. Runs smooth no issues, will need a clutch soon though
I also had a 4 cylinder TC that went for over 160,000 miles easy, and I sold I sold it for 5,000 bucks. Those things go forever.
Sponsored