Doesn't feel like 460hp...?

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
I understand your point, but put it in drag mode, and feel the shifts. Slower is not what you will feel. I got rubber on the 4-5 shift the other day, stock, and on Concrete.
I would almost call the A10 violent in drag mode. I myself lost traction the other day during the 4-5 shift. I love the power I feel off the line or leaving a light. Lol
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
My 2015 does not spin the tires easily. Even with AT off, it just goes but the power is not instant like my Hemi. Maybe it is the 265-35-20 Conti DWS06 tires. Once it revs past 4K it builds pretty quick. I have just resigned myself to the Coyote’s power delivery vs the more low end torque of pushrod motors. That being said, we really enjoy the vert Mustang. But..... to be honest, had we been able to get a convertible 392 Challenger we would have as we wanted a newer V8 convertible and my body did not fit in a Camaro, besides.... the interior is ugly.

It's gotta be the tires. I have them and have difficulty breaking loose the tires with AT off. The pirellis I could no problem. I think it's because the rubber compound is softer and the sidewalls are as well. They ride super nice though.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Drag mode is not for children, girls or girly men. It is brutal and beastly. :like:
Ooh I must try this mode out soon. I haven't tried the car past Sport + yet and even that was only momentary. It felt pretty quick though. I will make sure not to take my Estrogen pills the day I try it out though just in case LOL.

Sponsored

icodyonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I pushed 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds using 87 octane.
F75ACC0D-BCDD-4F88-8D4E-8A78EF0441C1.jpeg

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
The car definitely has little impression of speed. I am constantly checking the speedometer and going "oops, slow down". It takes quite a bit of effort keeping the car close to the speed limit, and not in ticket territory..... It has a split personality, very Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide.....

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yea!!
I go home and change my stripes and tag so they won't know it's me next time.......:wink:
You mean out of shame right ? as they will run you for the money.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The car definitely has little impression of speed. I am constantly checking the speedometer and going "oops, slow down". It takes quite a bit of effort keeping the car close to the speed limit, and not in ticket territory..... It has a split personality, very Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide.....
I agree. It takes VERY little throttle to cruise at 80+ MPH. The car has almost zero wind noise and with the exhaust in quiet mode, it is surprisingly quiet at high speed, giving the impression that you are not going as fast as you actually are.

Sponsored

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT 401a MT82
I'm used to driving high strung engines. Just don't expect much under 4K RPM downshift and you will get all the power you need. With auto rev match it's even easier on a manual. Try flooring a e90 M3 at 2000 RPM it's laughable. This 5.0 still moves at those RPM's.

Mine's a 19' with 3.55 gears and 6 speed. I understand the engine has more low end torque and the 3.55 optional gears help out on 20' optional wheels. No complaints regarding low end torque here.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Also autos are not at 8-10% loss. Maybe a PDK is, but torque converter autos are still at 12-15%.
The (factory) 10R80 has a lockup clutch built into the torque converter. When slippage isn't required, that torque converter is just an extra bit of rotating mass. It's not constantly sapping energy like old school torque converters.

Take a gander at the outer ring, what do you see?

FunWithTransmissions-0319_Fig04.jpg

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT 401a MT82
The (factory) 10R80 has a lockup clutch built into the torque converter. When slippage isn't required, that torque converter is just an extra bit of rotating mass. It's not constantly sapping energy like old school torque converters.
Take a gander at the outer ring, what do you see?
I'm glad to see that some people keeping up with times.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I agree. It takes VERY little throttle to cruise at 80+ MPH. The car has almost zero wind noise and with the exhaust in quiet mode, it is surprisingly quiet at high speed, giving the impression that you are not going as fast as you actually are.
Yeah this almost got me yesterday. I wasn't looking at my dash as I was listening to GPS directions to a wedding and had NO idea I was almost doing 70 already. I was in quiet mode and had my AC and seat cooler on so I heard nothing. I wasn't even hitting the 4k shift light I have set. I happen to look down and slow bjust before passing a hidden cop.

I've found a few times that I'm actually going faster than I thought I was due to how stable, and quiet the car is.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Power delivery seems good but I took a lot of the civility out of my car.

I remember when it was brand new I was listening to my favorite song and would look down and I would be doing 95. Not a lot of noise, vibration etc.

Modern cars are just really nice/civil in that respect.
Sponsored