2018 Mustang GT

Chlocli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1999.5 Audi A4 1.8qtms
"For me, this was the biggest letdown of the year. We expected so much, but we got so little. It's damn hard to make a car that's not as good or fun as the model its replacing, but Ford managed to do just that. — Scott Mortara"

How was the S197 better? The only thing that is worse is rear seat headroom. Besides that I cannot think of anything where Ford dropped the ball. (well if I nitpick the fact that the Ford logo has been added to the top of the windshield).

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Yea, I can't think of a single way the outgoing basic GTs were superior except in retro styling. Are they comparing the 2015 GTs to the Laguna 302s and GT500s or something?

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
I love the look of the new mustang but I agree with them, Ford could have done way better specially on weight, transmission and performance in general. This car is barely better than the 2014 My, not worth the upgrade yet in my opinion.

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
I love the look of the new mustang but I agree with them, Ford could have done way better specially on weight, transmission and performance in general. This car is barely better than the 2014 My, not worth the upgrade yet in my opinion.
This is a pure business plan of Ford. I'm sure they will add more power and cut some wight for 2016 or 2017 models to push more sale.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=4191

I'ts 2-4 seconds faster than the boss 302 for ten thousand dollars less, what exactly do you want from Ford?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ground up new chassis; more power; infinitely less shitty interior; more standard and optional features; no more SRA; faster than a B302 around some circuits; marginal price increase.

bruh seriously

2015 drof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
This is a pure business plan of Ford. I'm sure they will add more power and cut some wight for 2016 or 2017 models to push more sale.
I agree, but every car designed and manufactured is a business plan. Nevertheless, very excited to take delivery. It will be interesting to see what improvements they introduce in 2016 and 2017.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
"For me, this was the biggest letdown of the year. We expected so much, but we got so little. It's damn hard to make a car that's not as good or fun as the model its replacing, but Ford managed to do just that. — Scott Mortara"
:confused: I couldn't disagree more. My '15 is a significant improvement over my '13 in almost every way. It looks better, rides better, handles better, stops better, and it has an impressive interior with technology that feels fully integrated rather than tacked on. The S197, while still fun and enjoyable, looks and feels antiquated by comparison.

Sponsored

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=4191

I'ts 2-4 seconds faster than the boss 302 for ten thousand dollars less, what exactly do you want from Ford?
Ground up new chassis; more power; infinitely less shitty interior; more standard and optional features; no more SRA; faster than a B302 around some circuits; marginal price increase.
bruh seriously
Guys stop justifying your purchase, Ford is used to this (remember 2010-2011)? For example, I saw somewhere than the new sync 3 is coming in 2016 MY and 2015 buyers won't be able to upgrade. An entertainment system isn't a big deal but they should be fair to their loyal customers.

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Our gain, their loss... I love this car and actually don't care if other folks don't like it. I have driven enough other types of cars to really appreciate the 2015 GT. If I replace this car it will be with a GT350 or if they update something about the car that I have to have, but right now, I'm loving my car.

2015 drof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
:confused: I couldn't disagree more. My '15 is a significant improvement over my '13 in almost every way. It looks better, rides better, handles better, stops better, and it has an impressive interior with technology that feels fully integrated rather than tacked on. The S197, while still fun and enjoyable, looks and feels antiquated by comparison.
:clap2: Yes! This will be my first Mustang and its because of the significant leaps in every category that I decided to purchase! If Ford made all the improvements that all the critics wanted, it would cost $58,000. I could be wrong?

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
Can't always have it all.

Guys stop justifying your purchase, Ford is used to this (remember 2010-2011)? For example, I saw somewhere than the new sync 3 is coming in 2016 MY and 2015 buyers won't be able to upgrade. An entertainment system isn't a big deal but they should be fair to their loyal customers.
iPhone, iphone3g, iphone6... Things change, one can never always have the best because of inovation. When they were designing, pricing, ordering from suppliers 3-4 years ago how can Ford just change to upgrade to Sync 3. As you said it's new.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Well, it's obvious that you're much smarter and far more perspicacious than the rest of us.

Sync 3 will be fielded across all model lines, and from what I've read, it is a hardware upgrade (processor speed, etc...) in addition to the OS change. What would you have Ford do, replace everyone's head units free of charge?

As others have pointed out, and you dismissed out of hand, the S550 is faster than the previous car, handles better, rides better, has a hugely improved interior and offers more creature comforts. ...and while this is subjective, I believe that most would argue that the new car looks better as well.
Sponsored