Doesn't feel like 460hp...?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I think AM tested the stock '18 GT and got sub 12 seconds run as well this is standard numbers. StangMode etc run 10.99 on N/A motors as well.
From what I've seen, no one else has run quicker 100% bone stock on P Zero's though. Most that have run 11's bone stock have been PP1 cars on MPS4's.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Here's a video of another 11.92 run on the same day.

Reactions: gj

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I see your point but some of us (me for sure) are coming from other cars that we owned and drove. My 2013 Camaro SS felt a lot faster off a green light than this car does. And that car had the fattest a$$ around LOL. It seems the Coyote has very little torque down low despite the 420 lb-ft claim. I'm sure it has that amount of torque on tap but it comes on later in the RPM's. But the car is also deceptively fast compared to the Camaro. I'm always going faster than I think I am. Put another way my GF has a little SLK 280 Roadster and at 50 mph my knuckles get white & I start grabbing for stuff to hold on to as it feels like you're going at least 80.... :) I wish the GT had more low end oomph but its not a big deal & I really do love this car so she's staying!
the SLK had a Compressor in it you know that right ? Go putt a whipple or roush on your GT and you will need new knuckles as the car will be insane.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
the SLK had a Compressor in it you know that right ? Go putt a whipple or roush on your GT and you will need new knuckles as the car will be insane.
Not sure what a Compressor is but its just a little V6 with about 229 HP or something like that. I didn't mean it was fast only that it made you think it was going really fast at lower speed. Acceleration is meh in it though. No this GT is staying stock for a good while I don't want to trash my warranty to early like I did with my last car.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what a Compressor is but its just a little V6 with about 229 HP or something like that. I didn't mean it was fast only that it made you think it was going really fast at lower speed. Acceleration is meh in it though. No this GT is staying stock for a good while I don't want to trash my warranty to early like I did with my last car.
Compressor or "Kompressor" in German means it's Supercharged.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I had a 300 hp (crank) Mazdaspeed3 that weighed 3,140 lbs, so it had a pretty decent pull and that down low turbo torque. When I first test drove my '18 GT PP1 A10 with the sales woman and one of my kids in the back seat, I was blown away at how fast it felt. 6 months later it still feels fast but I have gotten somewhat used to the power. I also rarely have to floor it, because half throttle is usually more enough to over take someone on the highway, or wherever, or from a stop light if I want a little bit of spirited acceleration. When I do floor it, I would say it pulls really hard, esp above 4,000 rpm.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I see no this car isn't supercharged I'm sure of that. It may have a more muscular rodent under the hood perhaps:)
You are correct the SLK 200 is supercharged the 280 is just a V6.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
It's torque that makes a car feel fast so it must be the delivery of the torque being quite smooth compared with other cars like the old V8 E90 M3 which feel faster.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Funny how dragstrips around the world all play the same music
We were hot lapping, 2 runs on the same song......

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
It's torque that makes a car feel fast so it must be the delivery of the torque being quite smooth compared with other cars like the old V8 E90 M3 which feel faster.
As I heard many years ago but I always remembered "Torque puts the smile on you face, HP keeps it there" I just wish I didn't need to get over 4000 rpm to get the smile. Since i will never see the track with a GT I am not concerned how fast it is on a time slip or anything. I want it to feel and be "quick" all the time without having to rev it out. I'm hopeful a tune and bolt ons will give me that smile in the lower RPM's when I move into a GT.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As I heard many years ago but I always remembered "Torque puts the smile on you face, HP keeps it there" I just wish I didn't need to get over 4000 rpm to get the smile. Since i will never see the track with a GT I am not concerned how fast it is on a time slip or anything. I want it to feel and be "quick" all the time without having to rev it out. I'm hopeful a tune and bolt ons will give me that smile in the lower RPM's when I move into a GT.
I'm not being a smart ass, test drive a Camaro SS. Has more torque down low than an LS7 although the LS7 peaks higher.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
My 13 F150 Coyote had to be spun over 3500 to feel power, my 18 Mustang has instant power down low. I have to roll into the power off a start or my 325's go up in smoke, even without a tune. Soon, I will have some traction aids and a Flex tune with E85. My cay does not feel short on torque at all. I ran 1.87 60' times on P Zero all seasons.
Sponsored