Sponsored

Do you Daily your Mustang?

Do you daily your Mustang OR daily a different car?

• Daily my Mustang

• Daily a different car

Results are only viewable after voting.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
All the cars I've had, my '70, '98 and '15 fastbacks, have all been daily drivers.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I got a '19 Bullitt since Feb 2020. Due to covid I drive to work less, but it is still my daily driver.
We also just got back from a wedding ND trip (refused to fly), had the wife, a greyhound in the back seat, 16hr each way, really comfortable, 28.5mpg. With a 480hp V8 (per the computer, not manual calculations).

Can't complain about that! I didn't feel beat up by the car at all. Mostly on cruise control, 60-80mph, seats comfy, it's barely audible with the quiet exhaust mode. Never thought of it as a road trip car, but here we are!

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Hell yeah 110 miles round trip every day. Mostly interstate so commute isnā€™t bad at all. Itā€™s one of the best all around cars Iā€™ve owned.

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I daily drove my 01 Cobra years ago and loved it. This one is not daily driven, but I do take it out every chance I get.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Just doesn't make sense for me to daily mine, Mustangs are lethal on the track, and driving something so potent through the streets is a waste of money, gas (I get 4.3mpg), and tire (they last like 500 miles). Nothing to prove to the cops or some idiot with a bagged ride. My EV is so much more fun, I get HOV lane privileges, and places like the mall and plaza our weekly car show is at have free charge port, so I don't even pay for gas or electricity further lessens my cost of ownership and transport.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just doesn't make sense for me to daily mine, Mustangs are lethal on the track, and driving something so potent through the streets is a waste of money, gas (I get 4.3mpg), and tire (they last like 500 miles). Nothing to prove to the cops or some idiot with a bagged ride. My EV is so much more fun, I get HOV lane privileges, and places like the mall and plaza our weekly car show is at have free charge port, so I don't even pay for gas or electricity further lessens my cost of ownership and transport.
I assume your 4.3mpg and 500 miles of tires is during track use, even though you said streets?
I mean, it looks you have a GT (in your profile description), which is dare I say "less lethal" than my Bullitt, which is wonderfully livable as a daily.
EVs are great if you got a place to charge them, but I'm surprised someone is keeping their GT as mainly a track toy...

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I assume your 4.3mpg and 500 miles of tires is during track use, even though you said streets?
I mean, it looks you have a GT (in your profile description), which is dare I say "less lethal" than my Bullitt, which is wonderfully livable as a daily.
EVs are great if you got a place to charge them, but I'm surprised someone is keeping their GT as mainly a track toy...
I guess it's all dependent on the person, and perhaps it's just me. As I get older, I've learned that it's really hard trying to be everything, and you just have to realize what you're really good at, and optimize your opportunity cost. I could bill somebody $200/hr for something that comes easy, or spend the whole afternoon trying to fix something that an expert could do much better, much quicker, leaving me to continue doing what I'm good at. Long trips are much better on something like a BMW, Lexus, or even an SUV. The EV is great around town, just sucks having to wait an hour to get about 200 miles charged up. The s550 Mustang is lethal on the track, whether it's drag or track/race, in capable hands, it'll dispatch things 4-10x more expensive, much to the dismay of those owners. Take a look at my build thread, as I'm not all that close to stock anymore with the interior stripped and caged, running larger front tires than many of you run on the rear.

As cool as I thought I was driving it through the streets, it would get me annoying ricer revs at every light, cops staring me down everywhere I went, and always thinking about somebody trying to break into and steal parts or the whole thing. So much easier just having some dumb daily that you don't really care if somebody opens a door into, truck kicking a rock into, etc. My time with the Mustang is special, I'll wrench on it on the weekends, and when the schedule is right, I let everybody around know what a Coyote is really capable of. Not knocking those of you who daily yours, but man, it's a beast more than some of you will ever know.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I guess it's all dependent on the person, and perhaps it's just me. As I get older, I've learned that it's really hard trying to be everything, and you just have to realize what you're really good at, and optimize your opportunity cost. I could bill somebody $200/hr for something that comes easy, or spend the whole afternoon trying to fix something that an expert could do much better, much quicker, leaving me to continue doing what I'm good at. Long trips are much better on something like a BMW, Lexus, or even an SUV. The EV is great around town, just sucks having to wait an hour to get about 200 miles charged up. The s550 Mustang is lethal on the track, whether it's drag or track/race, in capable hands, it'll dispatch things 4-10x more expensive, much to the dismay of those owners. Take a look at my build thread, as I'm not all that close to stock anymore with the interior stripped and caged, running larger front tires than many of you run on the rear.

As cool as I thought I was driving it through the streets, it would get me annoying ricer revs at every light, cops staring me down everywhere I went, and always thinking about somebody trying to break into and steal parts or the whole thing. So much easier just having some dumb daily that you don't really care if somebody opens a door into, truck kicking a rock into, etc. My time with the Mustang is special, I'll wrench on it on the weekends, and when the schedule is right, I let everybody around know what a Coyote is really capable of. Not knocking those of you who daily yours, but man, it's a beast more than some of you will ever know.
That's a fair point, especially about it being a beast. My '19 Bullitt is a tad of a sleeper, those who don't really know don't see what it's capable of, plus I drive it pretty carefully. I'm generally worried about dings in parking lots on any cars, so I just try to get over it. :)

I didn't realize that you've done that much to yours, I thought the profile pic was a different car and your GT (Grand Touring, i.e. cruiser, at least I thought) was another car. Interesting to know though, thanks for the input!
I'm waiting for my first track day, am looking around as I've had mine for 6 months now (and hoping that I know enough about the car to not be a danger to myself or others on the track) and I wanna exercise all 480 ponies!

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I used to, but not anymore. In my area, dense population and HORRIFIC drivers with zero skill and zero care if they damage your property really pushed me to get a DD.

I also love Jeeps so I got an old WJ Grand Cherokee that braves the harsh south Florida streets. I usually drive the Stang 1-2x to work a week and then from there, whenever I get the itch.

It has just under 26k (itā€™s a 2016) and long term I have a lot I want to do to the car that lower mileage only helps in not having to replace other items.
This is a great point actually. I am fortunate to work at an office with a huge parking lot and plenty of parking options. I leave early enough to go to work to avoid most of the insane drivers. BUT, before my time at my current job I never would have considered any kind of new car because I used to work in downtowns of different cities over the years and I saw people intentionally vandalize/hit cars for no reason. I've seen homeless people piss on them. I once watched a lady in a freaking brand new Bentley door check the car next to her as hard as she could, for no apparent reason. One time I was sitting in my truck on lunch and a city construction truck pulls into the spot next to me and two guys just started setting up their lunches on the hood of my truck! Like a picnic! I got out and was understandably upset and the guys just said, "oh sorry dude, didn't see you in there". What difference would that have made?! Whether I was in it?! I've had bicyclists bump and brush against my truck and keep going. I've had other drivers tap me from every side and keep going.. So yeah, if I still had to work in the guts of a big city, no way I would daily any new car.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

I agree with everything except that it's not a good long distance car. It's one of the best I've ever used for that purpose. The only time I could see that not being the case is if you have a loud exhaust that drones and a "beat my ass" track type suspension. If you leave the car stock they eat highway miles like nothing else.

This is a great point actually. I am fortunate to work at an office with a huge parking lot and plenty of parking options. I leave early enough to go to work to avoid most of the insane drivers. BUT, before my time at my current job I never would have considered any kind of new car because I used to work in downtowns of different cities over the years and I saw people intentionally vandalize/hit cars for no reason. I've seen homeless people piss on them. I once watched a lady in a freaking brand new Bentley door check the car next to her as hard as she could, for no apparent reason. One time I was sitting in my truck on lunch and a city construction truck pulls into the spot next to me and two guys just started setting up their lunches on the hood of my truck! Like a picnic! I got out and was understandably upset and the guys just said, "oh sorry dude, didn't see you in there". What difference would that have made?! Whether I was in it?! I've had bicyclists bump and brush against my truck and keep going. I've had other drivers tap me from every side and keep going.. So yeah, if I still had to work in the guts of a big city, no way I would daily any new car.
Yeah, this definitely happens. The majority of people don't care about their own car, let alone yours. I just accept shit will go wrong though, at the end of the day my Mustang isn't special, and I find comfort in that. I just take care of it and do what I can but accept the battle scars.

Sponsored

SteelCity_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 1989 Toyota Cressida
I have an ā€˜11 Kia Sorento 6M/T that I drive for work. My job requires me to visit multiple retail outlets in the course of a day and Iā€™d prefer
59632337-4E2D-43F2-9776-1956BFD1CEDE.jpeg
the sorento get the door dings. Iā€™d love to daily the GT but Iā€™d rather keep the car Iā€™m making payments on in the best condition I can.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have an ā€˜11 Kia Sorento 6M/T that I drive for work. My job requires me to visit multiple retail outlets in the course of a day and Iā€™d prefer
the sorento get the door dings. Iā€™d love to daily the GT but Iā€™d rather keep the car Iā€™m making payments on in the best condition I can.
I'm European living in the US, so stick is all I've ever knew and owned. I've seen manual Sorentos rarely on Craigslist, i feel like stick would make any commute more fun even in that (no offense,but I assume little less fun than a Stang :)
How is it?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The great silver sleeper!

SteelCity_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 1989 Toyota Cressida
I'm European living in the US, so stick is all I've ever knew and owned. I've seen manual Sorentos rarely on Craigslist, i feel like stick would make any commute more fun even in that (no offense,but I assume little less fun than a Stang :)
How is it?
They are pretty rare. I couldnā€™t find Kia build numbers but the best estimate Iā€™ve found is ~3% of ā€˜11 and ā€˜12 Sorentos had 3 pedals. They were only offered in 4cyl FWD configuration.
It definitely adds to the fun. Itā€™s surprisingly stable for being a CUV too. Lift off oversteer is accomplished fairly easily lol

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Dailying isn't what it was before Covid. I've probably put about 4000 few mile o my new car than my previous one during the same length of time due to teleworking.
Sponsored