Is your mustang your daily driver?

Is your mustang your daily driver? If not, also add your DD

• Total voters

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Yes I've seen pictures. My 14 fit 1 in the trunk wit the spare and the other three went in the back seat which would of held all 4 but the seat's had to be moved up.

Advice, find a friend with a truck.
I've done it with my 2011, and they were larger sized tires 19x9 and 19x10 compared to stock. I would assume they would fit in the 2015 as well. I think I put 1 in the trunk, two in the back seat, and 1 in the front passenger seat.

The tire place had plastic bags they put around the tires so the car's interior didn't get dirty.
Thanks guys.
Sponsored

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Definitely not, I seem to be among the minority. I just drive the truck or the fit to work because they are automatic and my commute is 33 miles of traffic each way. I drove it to work a few times when I first bought it in February but that's it.

skibigsky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium MT, Ruby Red, 401A, 50yr AP
Absolutely! It makes me almost look forward to going to work. :-)

DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 - Magnetic Metallic
Daily driver for 2 weeks now. This is my first V6 so im still trying to adjust from my 09 Honda Civic, but I'm loving every minute!

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Still using my trusty 1999 Honda Civic Si as my daily & winter driver until it hits 20 years, then prob. replace with a Focus or something. Not planning to winter drive the S550, winters are too brutal here.

Sponsored

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
For the DD guys, can this car fit all 4 of the OEM wheels in the trunk and back, if one wheel went in the spare wheel well, one wheel on top, two in the back with the seats folded down?

Yes. I've gotten in 4 18" and 4 19" when I switched from summer winter. Although I went 3 in trunk and one in pax seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GNS

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Not a daily driver....

Not my daily driver, but it should be... But we have two other cars.....the 2015 Mustang will see a two month trip starting in September, to the north west and to down to the south west...... We like going after the summer Tourist have gone back home....... :ford:

I'm hoping we run in to some of the Mustang G6 forum people along the way, so we can get photos, and then post hear....... :thumbsup:

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I consider myself very lucky not having to daily drive my car year-round. It is my Michigan May-October daily driver if it's raining she stays home. 42,000 miles and still smiling!

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
For the DD guys, can this car fit all 4 of the OEM wheels in the trunk and back, if one wheel went in the spare wheel well, one wheel on top, two in the back with the seats folded down?
I fit my 4 PP2 tires in the trunk so with wheels mounted it should be no problem. One went into the spare tire well and the others on top with the back seats folded down. The PP2 tires are only 26.2" dia. so they can fit the spare tire well. Not sure if the regular GT wheels at over 27" dia. still fit the spare tire well.

For me, as soon as the night time temps hit the 40's, the winter performance tires come out and the PP@ is winter prepped. Summer tires do not seem to like to stick below 50. From 40 to 50 they are slick until some heat is added within a mile or two. I prefer not to chance it and switch when temps hit the 40-49 and play it safe. Besides, Winter perf tires at 275/35R19 are cheaper than PS4S 305/30R19 tires so I do not mind them going on early. I run 19x9.5 on all four but keep PP2 offsets (or as close as I can get them). Do not care for spacers and do not bother rotating so there is no point in having the same offsets with spacers. Safer not to use spacers anyway.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Prior to COVID19, 500+ miles a week excluding weekends...

Sponsored

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
My brand new 1993 Mustang GT was my daily driver back then for few years until I sold it. Now my 2015 Whippled GT is in the garage, and only driven few days a week during nice weather only.

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Does 3/4+ of the year count?... only not driven if snow is on the road.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
This poll cracks me up. Posts on this forum always gave me the impression that those of us who daily our Mustang were in the minority. Now I'm looking at results showing its the opposite by quite a bit.

I actually had a daily that I sold because I got tired of dealing with two cars. Used the money to buy a second set of rims and snow tires.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's not my daily because I work from home. But if I didn't, I'd use it as a daily. It's a relatively cheap car, and unless slammed to the ground, or heavily modified, it's quite livable as a DD. I just couldn't justify having $100K+ cars sitting in my garage. And the Bullitt is actually a lot more enjoyable to drive than I imagined, so quite happy with the bang for the buck this car provides :).

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I don't have a daily driver, because I also work from home. When I needed a DD, I had 5 cars, so I kind of rotated. So, going from 5 cars to 2... keeping Mustang and Saturn Vue. Both are very low maintenance costs compared to others (Porsche, Mini and BMW).
Sponsored