Sponsored

Daily spirited driving=happiness

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
The new IRS makes taking the Hill Country twisties at speed intoxicating. And twice a week I accelerate from 0-100mph just to "blow the carbon out. That's what my Dad taught me when he did this for his 1964 Ford Galaxy 500XL. Just goes to show what an Old Dufus I am...old school to the max!
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yep, i like to give the car a daily italian tune-up myself

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Please STOP!

My morning rush is thru the school zone near my work. I typically can ream all the way thru 3rd gear during that 25mph zone. The waves and smiles on all of the kids faces bring a tear to my eye as i breeze right by. The traffic cop and parents don't seem to like it much, but i dont care. I do it for the kids.
I only hope your kidding...please never speed through a school zone. :crazy: I've witnessed two fatalities in school zones over the years...absolutely horrible. :brokenheart:

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
I only hope your kidding...please never speed through a school zone. :crazy: I've witnessed two fatalities in school zones over the years...absolutely horrible. :brokenheart:
But the kids love the sound of my exhuast at 7k RPMS?! I can see the joy in their faces.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Lols sarcasm runs deep on forums.

Anyhow, this gt is the first fast car I've had that I actually enjoy driving slow. With all that power on tap at any given moment it just feels like a caged lion ready to attack. It's pretty relaxing being the big dog on the road. I drove a thousand mile roadtrip on Fourth of July weekend and kept my eyes peeled for anyone who wanted to play. I saw one yellow c5 corvette that weekend, aside from that there were zero vehicles on the road that would even come close performance wise.

Honestly I just look forward to my first track day with this car (hopefully next month) because flogging it on the street is nothing more than a tease. Barely romp on it and you are traveling at go to jail speed. My gutless 1.6L caged miata was by far more fun to drive around town, even before the turbo. You could pin the throttle and snap through a few gears without a care in the world, you still wouldn't be speeding anymore than the minivans around you.

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
i took it as 25mph in 3rd gear....perfect rpm for the perrrrrfect sound...not speeding through a school zone.

Reactions: 113

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
I drive 1.2 miles to work, 2.4 miles round trip on 40 mph road with just enough traffic that you can't do anything. :frusty::frusty::frusty::mad::mad::mad::tsk::tsk:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
:lol:

Me, too! I am thinking about parking my stang under a Covercraft for the week and riding my bicycle to work.

There are some nice twisty roads right out of town. Lined with ditches, trees, dogs and children ...

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
There is a fairly unused turn-around by my house that I take quite often, just about every day. Puts a smile on my face every time.

Last edited:

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
This thread is the exact reason I bought the car. To enjoy my 10-12 hours of otherwise boring driving a week. I love on/off ramps now.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I drive 0 miles to work every day, but still manage to get out for a good hour or two to enjoy the roads. :)

Although I'd love to hop on the interstate, I try to keep it at a minimum. The interstates here seems to have rocks flying all over the damn place. I've had to get my windshield replaced twice in one year in my last car, and several chips.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
This car keeps me from playing hooky from work. :p
After my daily coffee stop, I have a choice of 3 routes to get to the office to mix it up a little. I have one with a nice on-ramp (albeit a very brief highway stretch), one with a bunch of lights in case I want to hear the motor upon takeoff and one where the main drag out of town turns into highway. Also, it's 5:30 in the morning, so there are not many cars on the road, making for a nice little playground of sorts. A pleasant 15 minute-start of the day :)

Since I go in so early, I am off early in the afternoon; so occasionally I will take the 5 north a little bit then a coastal cruise back down to blow off steam.
Life is good. :cool:

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
The psychiatrist recommends driving this car as therapy. :D

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I love blasting around town in this thing. The car is so driveable and so enjoyable that it's great

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
This is fiction: I also typically go into work at about 5:30 AM. Have a 80 mile round trip commute every day. I think the thing I enjoy the most is when someone is driving ungraciously in the left lane of the highway and I have to accelerate back up to appropriate speeds to safely pass them. It's always impressive just how quickly they dissapear in my mirror and how quickly I'm at double the speed limit.
Sponsored

Last edited: