OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Hi folks, with the much anticipated arrival of my new pony (still a few months) I've been thinking about possibly keeping my k's down and buying something to drive most days and keep the mustang for more special drives as such.
Who drives their Mustangs as a daily? Is it suitable? I don't need to carry passengers as such and weekends we tend to drive my wife's car but realistically is your mustang ok for a daily?
I will save having to by a third car if it's ok but anyone regretting driving it for everyday duties?
Cheers in advance
Darryn
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Daily driver for about 14 months now. It's perfectly suitable for a daily, and even hauls a decent amount for what it is, but passenger space isn't great. Short people will fit fine, but anyone over about 5'8" will be bending their head down to fit under the roofline/rear window.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
95% of mustangs in america are probably DDs.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's a car so you can drive it anytime you want. Now depending how much you care about it is different person to person.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OZDAZ5.0

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I think I care about it because of how long the wait and the anticipation is but I'm realistic it's just a 60k Ford not a supercar as such. Has anyone found people want to coin it or damage it because it stands out so much? I've had 100k cars that I've not been worried about driving daily, my 200 series I bought brand new and didn't phase me taking that off road....I think for some reason I feel I need to hide my pony away but ultimately I bought it to drive daily....good feedback though thanks guys n girls.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Drive mine daily as an outside sales rep. My territory isn't as large as it used to be but I find it to be perfectly suitable for driving in traffic or eating up highway miles.

You shouldn't have to worry about people messing with it or damaging it while it's parked. Just park away from other cars and don't park like an a-hole.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
I daily my GT with zero complaints - Only regret I have is not getting a clear bra installed before it left the dealer.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
As others have said, it'll be no problem as a daily driver. Mine is not a DD, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it as such if necessary. I always like to have two cars: a truck or SUV for dirty jobs and heavy lifting (hauling stuff for the house, camping with dogs and family, etc) and a sporty car for fun.

These cars don't really stand out in the US anymore, at least in and around the major cities, but I'm sure they'll be rarer down under.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Completely suitable as a daily driver. In fact, for me, the GT PP is my daily driver while a sportier/racier car is my weekend joyride... The Mustang isn't a Viper ACR or a 911 GT3 RS. It's first and foremost a sports car for the street. You can take it to the track or romp around some mountain roads, but it was designed to get you from point A to point B... just while having a little fun.

The only issue would be if you had a family or other passengers (more than one or maybe even two) you had to carry around in it regularly, but you already said that's not a concern.

Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I'd hate to daily drive anything else! Love my DD stang! I drive between 70-100 miles every day.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
My last 3 Mustangs have all been daily drivers. I have been averaging about 13,000 miles per year. If i am going to pay for it, then i am going to drive it every chance i get.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I echo the others. I was not planning to fully DD mine, but it is so fantastic to drive that every day I get up, look at my options and grab the mustang keys. I am planning to keep it for more than 10 years, and I will enjoy every time I start it up!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I couldn't do without my daily" fix" and being able to drive it every day means I now enjoy going to work again
Just do it!

Cheers
Sponsored