Sponsored

GT PP for daily driving?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Get the PP, it will make for a great daily driver. Just drove one yesterday and liked it.
Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
You can do a partial rotation; drivers side rear to drivers side front, etc., which is better that no rotation at all. ;)
I guess you could, if you don't mind moving the 275s to the front and the 255s to the rear. I wouldn't recommend it.:headbonk:

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I'm looking into buying a GT premium with PP in the next few months, but I'm curious about the PP in daily driving. I don't plan on tracking, but I like having a little fun with handling on the road. I heard something about the tires wearing much faster with PP but I'm not sure if that's true or not. Curious if I should spend the extra $2500! Thanks guys.
This car will have excellent handling with any respectable tire, especially the PP. Dont let the tires hang you up; you get a TON of extras for the $2500. If that's breaking your bank, the GT will still handle well unless you are a track snob.

Im buying a new set of wheels and all season tires for the weather, which is a must with summer rubber. The exact OE replacements will wear quicker and are almost $300/per on Tirerack but if you go with another tire that size its about 200/pop, MUCH more manageable even though you sacrifice a little grip for longevity. Brakes will be a bit more expensive to replace too, but if you can stomach that every 2-3 years you will be happy to have the bigger hardware. Like I said this car will handle just fine either way

OP
OP

ybundra

Threads
Reaction score
I really appreciate all the answers! I'm already doing Xplan, and I live in New York, but don't plan on taking the car out in the snow for snow anyway! As far as maintenance costs are concerned, should I really let the Brembos deter me if I'm still not going for track use?

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I guess you could, if you don't mind moving the 275s to the front and the 255s to the rear. I wouldn't recommend it.:headbonk:
Turn in would be excellent :headbang:

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I really appreciate all the answers! I'm already doing Xplan, and I live in New York, but don't plan on taking the car out in the snow for snow anyway! As far as maintenance costs are concerned, should I really let the Brembos deter me if I'm still not going for track use?
Brake costs for this is a non-issue, parts are cheap. If it isn't going to be used on bad days (surprise snow/ice/heavy rain/extreme cold) go for it, I retract my previous statement. The package is a bargain, just hard to explain to people I don't know and the expectations/uses. It seems the reviews all stated even with the base suspension/tires the car handles very well. The GT has more braking than the optional TP on the '14 so you get a really good package standard.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO factory track packs are still pedestrian and not necessarily hardcore track enhancements. I would be wary of any of the upgraded 'PP' components to hold up on a full autoX day. To answer your question the PP hardware is designed primarily to be livable as a DD. I would trust them for a few laps on a track but nothing more.

On the other hand, they are a sweet addition for daily usage. It sounds like with the GT The suspension enhancements alone are very noticeable and a nice upgrade. Having 15" front brakes for your daily grind is just beast lol, I mean come on 6 piston calipers holy F. And the best part of that package...those sweet ass gauges! haha honestly no one could touch your car without an ///M badge, and a REAL one not those stupid brand-whore appearance packages

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
And by cheap I mean you can buy 2 rotors and a set of pads for under $200 using Ford Motorcraft parts (Rock Auto)

Sponsored
OP
OP

ybundra

Threads
Reaction score
Definitely going for PP now. Gonna be a HUGE upgrade to my V6. Thanks so much everyone.

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack
You can't rotate front to rear due to different tires size, but you can rotate on the same axle since this pirelli tires are not directional.
:thumbsup:

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely going for PP now. Gonna be a HUGE upgrade to my V6. Thanks so much everyone.
after getting your Mustang, you will be kicking yourself when you think back to this and consider you were actually going to do without it. Good choice amigo, good luck too! Ill have to live vicariously through you GT guys

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
after getting your Mustang, you will be kicking yourself when you think back to this and consider you were actually going to do without it. Good choice amigo, good luck too! Ill have to live vicariously through you GT guys
Why not save for 5 more months and get a GT? Just curious.

We live close and the only reason I'm getting mine now is because of the LE
Sponsored