Sponsored

GT PP for daily driving?

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Why not save for 5 more months and get a GT? Just curious.

We live close and the only reason I'm getting mine now is because of the LE
ugh you sent me in a spiral with that because I technically could get a nice GT now :headbonk:

As a matter of principle though I dont want to spend more than a certain amount on a car and the one ordered is already pushing that. Not a question of monthly payments, but the money I would be putting towards it as a whole. I am just starting my life out now so there are other financial plans in the making. Plus the EB I ordered just so happens to have an estimated delivery date of...MY BIRTHDAY! Total coincidence unless someone at the factory is stalking me, but how sweet is that? The universe is giving me the ok, I dont wanna F with fate now!

The GT will come in the future when I have a few more letters by my name and one day I hope to have the bank for a Shelby and something to auto-X. Stay hungry :headbang:
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
ugh you sent me in a spiral with that because I technically could get a nice GT now :headbonk:

As a matter of principle though I dont want to spend more than a certain amount on a car and the one ordered is already pushing that. Not a question of monthly payments, but the money I would be putting towards it as a whole. I am just starting my life out now so there are other financial plans in the making. Plus the EB I ordered just so happens to have an estimated delivery date of...MY BIRTHDAY! Total coincidence unless someone at the factory is stalking me, but how sweet is that? The universe is giving me the ok, I dont wanna F with fate now!

The GT will come in the future when I have a few more letters by my name and one day I hope to have the bank for a Shelby and something to auto-X. Stay hungry :headbang:
Mine is going to be very close to my Birthday, so that is pretty cool. You'll be very happy living with an EcoBoost as a DD.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is going to be very close to my Birthday, so that is pretty cool. You'll be very happy living with an EcoBoost as a DD.
haha sweet. same stalker at the factory watching you too. Im still at odds with an engine I cant wring the hell out of, instead having to get used to a window of boost, but this should make for better mileage down low and given I have been driving econoboxes forever I cant wait to actually own some real POWAAAA

billy the k

billy the k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 base GT/Ingot silver/6spd MT/PP/Recaros
"...Having 15" front brakes for your daily grind is just beast lol, I mean come on 6 piston calipers holy F. And the best part of that package...those sweet ass gauges! haha honestly no one could touch your car without an ///M badge, and a REAL one not those stupid brand-whore appearance packages."
True enough,—the big Brembos on the Performance Package are no doubt gonna
provide phenomenal braking, and extra gauges are always welcome, but the biggest reason that led me to shell out for the PP is the Torsen differential. Vernon Gleasman was a genuine mechanical genius and his Torque-Sensing differential "senses" the cornering forces and immediately re-distributes torque to the appropriate rear wheel as needed to provide much greater stability in cornering without needing any clutches or computers,—totally via ingenius precision-cut gears.

Hard cornering that's both stable & planted—oh yeah—had to have that Torsen!

http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx/ps84gleason.html

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Torsen-Limited-Slip-Differential-C157.aspx

http://www.merchantcircle.com/answe...a-Torsen-limited-slip-differential-do#vote_up

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
IMO factory track packs are still pedestrian and not necessarily hardcore track enhancements. I would be wary of any of the upgraded 'PP' components to hold up on a full autoX day. To answer your question the PP hardware is designed primarily to be livable as a DD. I would trust them for a few laps on a track but nothing more.
If your autocross tracks are more like road course tracks and you get many runs in a row for hours at a time, I could forsee the concern about brakes, but in general, even the stock stuff is going to be reliable enough to use, whether PP or not. Are you thinking of something else specifically here?

To the OP - for a daily driver, in my opinion the biggest concerns of using a performance pack GT is the maintenance costs for summer tire replacement and how you will solve driving in lower temperatures. Beyond that, your brake pads should be reasonable in cost, and everything else will be gravy. I personally did not choose it because my car would only see an occasional, if any, autocross, and I preferred a different wheel style with all-seasons on it.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your autocross tracks are more like road course tracks and you get many runs in a row for hours at a time, I could forsee the concern about brakes, but in general, even the stock stuff is going to be reliable enough to use, whether PP or not. Are you thinking of something else specifically here?

To the OP - for a daily driver, in my opinion the biggest concerns of using a performance pack GT is the maintenance costs for summer tire replacement and how you will solve driving in lower temperatures. Beyond that, your brake pads should be reasonable in cost, and everything else will be gravy. I personally did not choose it because my car would only see an occasional, if any, autocross, and I preferred a different wheel style with all-seasons on it.

first of all i dont autocross myself. not yet lol.

I have read/watched too many reviews of performance oriented cars with 'track packs' or performance upgrades marketed as track hardware that are tested on a real racetrack and have cooked brakes or overheating after just a few laps. Too many to count. Even if you only went for a few laps here and there, that type of driving is extremely abusive. Plus are you driving home in the same car you just beat around the track, and are you going to expect to drive it every day reliably? Possibly, but I am not personally going to gamble my $30-40k investment I need to drive to work every day
Sponsored