Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will take you up on this as soon as there is a TSB. My dealer was not very interested in the GT brake fix until I had a TSB to wave at him, then they did really well. I'll do the same here.
Got it. Let me know when you need me, Old 5 Oh.

Are we to make one for the brakes, seats or both at our ford dealers? Also, will this fall under our warranty?
Where can we get the TSB for the brakes?
You can make an appointment for both things at the same time, mike62. Your vehicle must be fully diagnosed and the concern duplicated in order for your Ford Dealership to attempt any repairs on it. With the diagnosis, they can look up any TSBs, SMS, etc. that may apply to your vehicle.

You can schedule one online here.

Deysha
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Mentioned this to my Service Manager yesterday when I was in for an oil change and he said no problem, I would probably know about the TSB before he does seeing how I hang out here all day. But bring it back in as soon as I know what the number is and he would get right on it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Mentioned this to my Service Manager yesterday when I was in for an oil change and he said no problem, I would probably know about the TSB before he does seeing how I hang out here all day. But bring it back in as soon as I know what the number is and he would get right on it.
Sounds like a good dealership that's willing to listen to customers who know what they are talking about.

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
Not to be a pain, but, I really have to say again, my seats get REALLY COLD !

Even when it is very hot- 90s...
Used the feature yesterday on the way to Plymouth Rock area with my Mustang Club on a lunch cruise- Had to shut them down- too COOL !

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

Used the feature yesterday on the way to Plymouth Rock area with my Mustang Club on a lunch cruise- Had to shut them down- too COOL !
And that's with no fix/update, straight from the factory?
:confused:

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

Hey there! The cooling issue is the airflow on the back. If it feels cool there, then you got a good one! Bottom is great, seatback, not as good for many here, me included. Hope you are good, man!

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Hey there! The cooling issue is the airflow on the back. If it feels cool there, then you got a good one! Bottom is great, seatback, not as good for many here, me included. Hope you are good, man!
My seat bottoms only get slightly cool. I definitely wouldn't say they work great. My seat backs get HOT. I'm definitely looking forward to a TSB to correct the issues.

I will be taking my car in for its first service in the next week or two, and I'll lodge my formal complaint to the dealer at that time.

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
And that's with no fix/update, straight from the factory?
:confused:
Yes.

Really. I can actually feel the COLD blowing.
It is not a questionable feature. It works well.

Until yesterday, I did not know that it works with the A/C off.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Mine work too until it's really hot in the car. Then they do the whole cool down then start heating up thing.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.

Were you wearing clothes at the time?

Was the car cool before setting off on your drive. If it was in the shade in a breezy Cape Cod area, the seats would cool well right away. For example, if the car was sitting in a 65F garage and then gets driven out into the sun, the seats are going to start off blowing at less than 50F.

Are you short? If the seat is not at the rearward extreme of its travel, there will be better airflow under the seat to cool the TED.

Sponsored

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black

Your seat back gets "too cool" too? Knowing what we know about how this system works, I don't believe you.

belleg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Premium
Hey guys, just had my first oil change and mentioned that the back is not cooling. They took it in and they diagnosed it as an issue with the seat blower motor assembly and ordered the part based on TSB 15-0144 (who can tell what this TSB is for exactly?). Will see the result once the part is replaced but you might want to check with your dealers too and mention the TSB.
Cheers

EDIT: to clarify, I have the problem that most people describe - back cooling working slightly in colder days for a while then starts blowing warm air; much worse in hot days - it gets hot almost immediately. They were able to reproduce it in a relatively cool day (it was around 17C)

Last edited:

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Hey guys, just had my first oil change and mentioned that the back is not cooling. They took it in and they diagnosed it as an issue with the seat blower motor assembly and ordered the part based on TSB 15-0144 (who can tell what this TSB is for exactly?). Will see the result once the part is replaced but you might want to check with your dealers too and mention the TSB.
Cheers
Interesting, can anyone see what that TSB is? I couldn't find anything on a Google search. The F-150 TSB is 15-0140.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I work at a BMW dealer as a service advisor. We use Identifix Direct Hit software for our of brand used car info. They have recalls and TSB's in their database as well. But nothing is listed for this yet. They're constantly behind on data for new models. Any Ford guys here that can check?

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
TSB 15-0144
CLIMATE CONTROLLED SEATS - LACK OF COOLING - FRONT SEAT BACKREST
Publication Date: September 22, 2015
FORD: 2015-2016 Mustang
ISSUE:

Some 2015-2016 Mustang vehicles equipped with climate controlled seats may exhibit a lack of cooling performance from the front seat backrests. ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition. SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Perform the procedure on both seats.

1. Does the vehicle exhibit a lack of cooling from the front seat backrest when using the climate controlled seat?
    1. Yes - proceed to Step 3.
    1. No - this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-10 for normal diagnostics.

1. Can the front seat backrest blower motor be heard running when using the climate controlled seats?
    1. Yes - proceed to Step 4.
    1. No - this article does not apply. Refer to WSM, Section 501-10 for normal diagnostics.

1. Remove the front seat backrest blower motor. Refer to WSM, Section 501-10.

1. Install a new front seat backrest blower motor. Refer to WSM, Section 501-10.
    1. Secure the new front seat backrest blower motor with a tie strap leaving 25 mm (1 inch) of slack in the tie strap. (Figure 1A)

Figure 1 - 15-0144
    1. Route the air intake snorkel of the new blower motor as shown. (Figure 2)

Figure 2 - 15-0144

1. Reinstall the seat backrest cover. Refer to WSM, Section 501-10.
    1. Route the elastic backrest cover straps through the slots in the fabric at the end of the air intake snorkel prior to refastening the elastic backrest cover straps. (Figure 3)

Figure 3 - 15-0144

Obtain Locally Part Description 200 mm (8 inch) Tie Strap
PART NUMBER PART NAME GU5Z-19N550-B GU5Z-19N550-B Seat Back Blower Motor Assembly

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME 150144A 2015-2016 Mustang: Replace The Seatback Blower Motor Both (2) Front Seats Includes Time To Remove And Install Seats (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 1.3 Hrs.

WARRANTY STATUS

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
Sponsored